What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread - #20/21 (AP/ Coaches polls)/ #21 (NET rankings) Men's bball at #59 (NET) ASU (Tempe, Thursday, 1/16, 7:00 PM MT, ESPN2)

Maybe, probably, but he is not out using effective timeouts and coaching every second to prevent turnovers! He seems like the coach that holds timeouts in case we need a winning shot, instead of protecting leads to avoid ever needing it at the end.
I get anxiety at the end of games and am screaming for timeouts at the TV!!!!!
FIRE TAD!!

We played a poor offensive game, and this was a great win. minor point: I thought 4 or 5 of their O rebounds were due to odd bounces off the rim. Instead of the ball traveling 2 or 3 feet from the basket, it was 5 or 6.

We played a poor offensive game, and this was a great win. minor point: I thought 4 or 5 of their O rebounds were due to odd bounces off the rim. Instead of the ball traveling 2 or 3 feet from the basket, it was 5 or 6.

Tad is not buying your excuses: “We talk about all five guys have to help us rebound the ball. Five guys have to rebound,” Boyle said. “It’s not just Tyler (Bey). It’s not just Evan (Battey). It’s not just Lucas (Siewert). All five guys have to rebound. And our guards did not, in my opinion, rebound like they’re capable of tonight. We talked that long shots equal long rebounds. And the long rebounds came to Arizona State too many times."

Tad is not buying your excuses: “We talk about all five guys have to help us rebound the ball. Five guys have to rebound,” Boyle said. “It’s not just Tyler (Bey). It’s not just Evan (Battey). It’s not just Lucas (Siewert). All five guys have to rebound. And our guards did not, in my opinion, rebound like they’re capable of tonight. We talked that long shots equal long rebounds. And the long rebounds came to Arizona State too many times."
Tad don't truck with excuses and that's goddamn respectable. My excuse is that white was just better than all our bigs until he got tired.

Nice win. And Bill Walton wasn't too annoying IMO. This is going to be so interesting. Does CU hit a rut in February? Do they stay healthy? Could be a special year.

He's got a point. 3 point misses usually travel further than inside misses. Guys leaking out early or just watching shots are going to give up rebounds on 3s.

I was never really nervous last night, even during the early part of the game. At the end, I loved seeing how much improvement at handling the press there has been since the OSU debacle. Still some issues with it and Tad was not happy with a couple sequences, but even though it's not where it needs to be it's 500x better than it was 2 weeks ago.

After last night:

#19 NET
#22 KenPom

Took care of business. On to Tucson.

Does Romello White have an offensive move that doesn't involve hooking the defender with his elbow?
I was going to say something last night. On a move to the basket he hooked EB with his elbow and EB was called for the foul. But I’d promised not to rant about officiating earlier so kept my mouth shut, haha. Actually, I thought the officiating was equally bad toward both teams.

I was going to say something last night. On a move to the basket he hooked EB with his elbow and EB was called for the foul. But I’d promised not to rant about officiating earlier so kept my mouth shut, haha. Actually, I thought the officiating was equally bad toward both teams.
It was obvious too. No traffic to block the officials view. Just a blatant miss.

Road wins in conference are always tough to come and now we've got a split a worse on this trip, which is already a success.

Regarding Walton, I used to find him entertaining but he has gone beyond bizarre anymore.

Road wins in conference are always tough to come and now we've got a split a worse on this trip, which is already a success.

Regarding Walton, I used to find him entertaining but he has gone beyond bizarre anymore.
Walton is a likable fellow. He is certainly smart and knowledgeable. But I want to hear an analysis of the game and players from the color commentator. And his interaction with the play by play guy was really awkward at times.

Walton is a likable fellow. He is certainly smart and knowledgeable. But I want to hear an analysis of the game and players from the color commentator. And his interaction with the play by play guy was really awkward.
This is a reasonable expectation. But how often do you actually learn something or get truly insightful analysis from the color guy? For me, I actually learn insightful things from Tony Romo, Hubie Brown and Doris Burke in the NBA (although Hubie is ancient and has lost his fastball), sometimes Jay Bilas in college basketball, and some of the college football guys are actually pretty good. Most of the rest is not interesting or informative to me in the least, it's just background noise at best and annoying babble at worst.

Entertain me damnit, and Walton entertains me.

Walton is a likable fellow. He is certainly smart and knowledgeable. But I want to hear an analysis of the game and players from the color commentator. And his interaction with the play by play guy was really awkward at times.
Great point! I love his style and his craziness, but the guy knows basketball and I would like him to get serious for a moment and detail things like footwork or post moves, or other technical things that he knows better than most in the world. I enjoy the games with him on them because he is very complimentary to players.

This is a reasonable expectation. But how often do you actually learn something or get truly insightful analysis from the color guy? For me, I actually learn insightful things from Tony Romo, Hubie Brown and Doris Burke in the NBA (although Hubie is ancient and has lost his fastball), sometimes Jay Bilas in college basketball, and some of the college football guys are actually pretty good. Most of the rest is not interesting or informative to me in the least, it's just background noise at best and annoying babble at worst.

Entertain me damnit, and Walton entertains me.
Those three definitely know their stuff. Jay does too.

Back