What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread - #23 (AP)/ #20 (NET rankings) Men's bball hosts #48 (NET) Washington (Boulder, Sat., 1/25, 7:00 PM, Fox Sports 1)

Walton's performance is really really encouraging, if he keeps up like this, tournament games vs. Oregon or Arizona would be much more fun!
He moved well, doesn't have the bounce just yet. More minutes, the more he'll get his legs. He's got a pretty sweet little hook , hell, you're a 7 footer, use that ****. I was happy for him, he came to play.

The missed goal tend, the Bey DD, other bad calls - all the one ref. Huskier guy with the darker hair. Horrible at his job.
Kevin Brill and he's been horrible here for years. A real dark cloud every time he shows up.
He did get the first T right on Hopkins (musta been the magic word right in his ear), but Dear God this crew was jaw-droppingly poor. Even by PAC12 standards.

Nice win overall. Love seeing Dallas the last few games ... he could be a big factor down the stretch as he gains confidence again. Daniels should be getting most of Kountz minutes now ... he’s become a non-factor. Daniels has little handles too, but at least can shoot and play equal defense.

Lots of raw talent but clearly these Huskies haven’t bought into Hopkins system yet. They were better 2 months ago.

Its time for Battey to play angry....that dude has an unstoppable combo of size and skill set and I'd love to see him become more aggressive

He can't get a break from the officials. It frustrates him that there is zero foul call consistency from the officials when he plays a strong game.
I've seen plenty of big guys over the years that just flat get officiated different. It's bull****, but I don't see it changing anytime soon. He's just got to find a way to get around it. Need to keep getting good minutes from Dallas, he's a very important piece for the team, imho. Kountz, relax man and play basketball. Dude is pressing too much, or that's what it looks like to me.

Statistic: While CU's big men — Evan Battey, Dallas Walton, Bey and Siewert — combined for just 15 rebounds, Colorado's guards pooled their resources to come up with 22, led by Wright's eight and Schwartz's six.
What the statistics don't show is that many of those guard rebounds came because the CU bigs were aggressively boxing the UDub bigs. In the second half I saw a level of frustration from some of the Washington players (including some things that a competent officiating crew would have called fouls on.)

A very strong positive looking at recent games is that the Buffs are not only winning but finding different ways to do it each night, a trait that can be very useful in the tournament when you face teams that are able to pick aspects of your game and shut it down.

Battey only had 4 points and most of Walton's came late after things were decided. Even with this CU was in solid shape all game.

When Siewert is scoring both outside and in like he was last night that makes the Buffs very hard to defend.

Why he needs a 4th year!!!
Absolutely CORRECT! One more year in the weight room is necessary.

In the League, he'd see guys like Stewart (an 18 yr old FR) only older, stronger and more skilled, every friggn' time he was on the floor!

UW owned Bey tonight, thank God he hit his FTs and his ONE open dunk! (Unlike UW, who clanked at least three dunks and a couple of breakaway layups.).

Yes ... this next week's LA trip is crucial. Two teams we should beat, but don't have a great road record against. Hoping for the best.
Unfortunately, U$C playing really good ball right now! Let's cheer for da UTES to beat the hell out of U$C, in a vain attempt to actually win that game!

Absolutely CORRECT! One more year in the weight room is necessary.

In the League, he'd see guys like Stewart (an 18 yr old FR) only older, stronger and more skilled, every friggn' time he was on the floor!

UW owned Bey tonight, thank God he hit his FTs and his ONE open dunk! (Unlike UW, who clanked at least three dunks and a couple of breakaway layups.).
Wouldn't say they owned him. Playing with a bad hand that looked to be impacting his shot he still got 16 in only 25 minutes. He also had some very impactful defensive sequences.

I think another year at CU will help him but at this point I don't expect him to get much bigger and he is already stronger than he looks.

If he makes the league it will probably be as a defensive stopper like Dre. He isn't at that level defensively but he is very good and he has better offensive skills than Dre had coming out of CU.

Statistic: While CU's big men — Evan Battey, Dallas Walton, Bey and Siewert — combined for just 15 rebounds, Colorado's guards pooled their resources to come up with 22, led by Wright's eight and Schwartz's six.
In today's 3 pt.-Ball, the rebounds go farther away from the basket! It ain't like the old days where everything was close-in and height made a huge difference (npi)
Most college teams today go with three, if not four guards many of whom are 6'5' or taller, as well, ala Schwartz and Daniels..

I think NBA teams drafting in later rounds are perfectly happy drafting a guy with potential and developing him. If Tyler believes he will go in the late first round he will enter the draft. If he is projected to either go in the second or not be drafted he may be better off coming back.

Wouldn't say they owned him. Playing with a bad hand that looked to be impacting his shot he still got 16 in only 25 minutes. He also had some very impactful defensive sequences.

I think another year at CU will help him but at this point I don't expect him to get much bigger and he is already stronger than he looks.

If he makes the league it will probably be as a defensive stopper like Dre. He isn't at that level defensively but he is very good and he has better offensive skills than Dre had coming out of CU.
When he bends over with the ball and drops it down low he is dead meat? Who the heck is coaching him! His 1 on 1 and post moves are below average. I pray for 1 more year and if Dombek and the freshman guard can contribute, then super special things are possible like Top 10 territory, and I could see a Grad Transfer impact player wanting to join the group!

When he bends over with the ball and drops it down low he is dead meat?

Right? I teach middle school kids that. It doesn't matter if you're the tallest kid on the court, if you bring the ball down, the shortest kid on the court will be able to strip you.

Back