What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread- #24 ranked/ #18 (NET rankings) Men's bball hosts #27 (NET) Stanford (Boulder, Sat., 2/8, 4:00 PM, Pac 12 Networks)

How was the crowd?

We were very close to going yesterday, but a family obligation came up and blew those plans out of the water.

How was the crowd?

We were very close to going yesterday, but a family obligation came up and blew those plans out of the water.
It was packed. Didn't really get as noisy as you might expect until the 2nd half. 1st half there just wasn't a lot to cheer for. I think that the bad call and Tad's T at the end of the first half did a ton to energize a crowd that was waiting for something to ignite it.

There were Tree fans Actually posting their outrage???.... Huh, didn't think they had fans OR paid attention
Wow. WOW.

I'm a Stanford fan living in Boulder, and nowadays I cheer for the Buffs when I'm not cheering for the Card. I came here because after reading some back-and-forth on the Stanford forum, I was curious to see what insights CU fans had on the da Silva/Battey collision. I'm glad I did; otherwise I wouldn't have known about Battey's own medical history, which gives some heartbreaking but helpful context to his reaction after the accident. And I wouldn't have understood the depth of love and admiration the fans have for this particular player. Love to see that.

But damn, da Silva "got what he earned"?! And the only response to that comment being to disparage Stanford fans upset at the injury of not just a talented player but a bright young man? If you look on our own message boards, you'll see one poster's contention that he thought the initial contact was intentional being refuted by plenty of other posters who just saw a couple of players hurtling out of control. We come get our own when they step out of line. Some of y'all are willing to send some good wishes da Silva's way, but you're just gonna leave that one here? GOT WHAT HE EARNED??? That makes me sick. Both the Stanford and CU teams and coaches conducted themselves admirably in the face of what happened, and I was happy to see the fans in the stadium follow their lead. Really can't say the same for at least some of the folks on here. Leaving aside the petty nicknames for opposing teams and the charming comparisons of opposing players based on physical appearance at the beginning of this thread, the insinuation that a young man "deserves" an injury like that? To say I'm disappointed in what I found here would be an understatement. Do better.

Wow. WOW.

I'm a Stanford fan living in Boulder, and nowadays I cheer for the Buffs when I'm not cheering for the Card. I came here because after reading some back-and-forth on the Stanford forum, I was curious to see what insights CU fans had on the da Silva/Battey collision. I'm glad I did; otherwise I wouldn't have known about Battey's own medical history, which gives some heartbreaking but helpful context to his reaction after the accident. And I wouldn't have understood the depth of love and admiration the fans have for this particular player. Love to see that.

But damn, da Silva "got what he earned"?! And the only response to that comment being to disparage Stanford fans upset at the injury of not just a talented player but a bright young man? If you look on our own message boards, you'll see one poster's contention that he thought the initial contact was intentional being refuted by plenty of other posters who just saw a couple of players hurtling out of control. We come get our own when they step out of line. Some of y'all are willing to send some good wishes da Silva's way, but you're just gonna leave that one here? GOT WHAT HE EARNED??? That makes me sick. Both the Stanford and CU teams and coaches conducted themselves admirably in the face of what happened, and I was happy to see the fans in the stadium follow their lead. Really can't say the same for at least some of the folks on here. Leaving aside the petty nicknames for opposing teams and the charming comparisons of opposing players based on physical appearance at the beginning of this thread, the insinuation that a young man "deserves" an injury like that? To say I'm disappointed in what I found here would be an understatement. Do better.
Your attempt to shame people is noted. Your lack of humor about funny pictures is also noted. Thank you for sharing your moral superiority. Now, some would characterize the language that so outrages you as poorly chosen words that clearly mean no insult because when you get in front of a train, you have to accept those risks. Others, obviously, will seize on that language to try and make a poor first impression by claiming a nonexistent moral high ground.

Welcome, and good luck.

Wow. WOW.

I understand why you took it that way. I read it as that you know you're going to get run over when you try to take a charge. Jumping in front of a guy Battey's size on a full speed breakaway is going to result in you taking a hit that could end your season. Jumping in front of a charging Battey was not a good decision.

I doubt anyone thinks that Da Silva deserves to end up with his head split open and a concussion. But what made it so scary is that it could have been so much worse. He seems like a great young man. He's a very talented player. He was trying to make a hustle play to help his team. But it was a really bad decision that had predictable consequences. I'm glad we didn't see a worst-case scenario for him or Battey based on Da Silva choosing to cause such a dangerous play.

Your attempt to shame people is noted. Your lack of humor about funny pictures is also noted. Thank you for sharing your moral superiority. Now, some would characterize the language that so outrages you as poorly chosen words that clearly mean no insult because when you get in front of a train, you have to accept those risks. Others, obviously, will seize on that language to try and make a poor first impression by claiming a nonexistent moral high ground.

Welcome, and good luck.
Actually I agree that the "Got what he earned" comment was out of line.

In retrospect trying to take a charge when you are out of position and the guy who is going to hit you is the size of a football lineman isn't a great decision but the guy was playing basketball and playing in the moment. You also never expect that the contact is going to result in that kind of ending.

Basketball is not football but players go in knowing that injuries can happen.

I think it is much more important that we keep the focus on the important issues. 1. fortunately the injuries to Di Silva turned out to be less severe than originally thought, 2. Evan didn't get hurt as well, 3. both teams handled it with as much dignity and class as I remember seeing on a basketball court then moved on and finished the game.

Wtf man, it's called competition? Sometimes, **** happens. It doesn't mean anybody wants it to, it comes with the territory, though. Soft as hell these days. They handled it just fine, imho, and it wasn't dirty or anything.

Wtf man, it's called competition? Sometimes, **** happens. It doesn't mean anybody wants it to, it comes with the territory, though. Soft as hell these days. They handled it just fine, imho, and it wasn't dirty or anything.
Hey dude you made us look bad to one of the 4 Stanford fans. That's 25 percent of the fan base!

In a more serious vein, good news

Wow. WOW.

Thanks for stopping by. We don’t do moral superiority and you sound like a self-righteous asshole.

Wow. WOW.

Just re-read the the thread to see what has gotten under your skin.

No doubt that was a poor choice of words.

Congrats on being the only Stanford fan to visit allbuffs since we joined the P12.

I don’t often come across Stanford grads with such a developed sense of morality.

It’s a nice break from all those Stanford grads who are too busy to visit us while chasing digital use cases that strip privacy and destroy institutions in our new gilded age.

It’s not every day someone from Robber Baron U comes around to shame the lot of us.

****. I knew I was too nice in my post about Da Silva’s foul on Battey. Disappointed I didn’t get called out by the lesser coast moralist. I’ll do better in the future.

How many of us kids fell out of a tree or got hit with a stick or something, whacked our head and bled a little? For ****s sake, Da Silva’s gonna be fine. Not like he broke his neck ../

All this BS also brings up another point: the stupid part of the game that just allows guys who weren’t even defending a dribbler to slide under them last second and take a “charge.” I hate that part of the game. It’s one thing to be playing tight man to man and you get to a spot before he does. That’s defense. But if you step in front on a guy barreling down the lane, expect that your head might get cracked open. It’s physics ..: they teach that at the Furd, right?

How many of us kids fell out of a tree or got hit with a stick or something, whacked our head and bled a little? For ****s sake, Da Silva’s gonna be fine. Not like he broke his neck ../

All this BS also brings up another point: the stupid part of the game that just allows guys who weren’t even defending a dribbler to slide under them last second and take a “charge.” I hate that part of the game. It’s one thing to be playing tight man to man and you get to a spot before he does. That’s defense. But if you step in front on a guy barreling down the lane, expect that your head might get cracked open. It’s physics ..: they teach that at the Furd, right?

That's only a charge by rule if the offensive player leads with something. 95% of the time defenders can't establish position-and thus should be a block. Most referees **** that up.

Seems like every year there’s one P12 game that causes me to wonder if the refs even know what sport they’re officiating (see: the Bachynski game). Today was this years.
You still think Bachynski did something dirty to Scott? Scott did that to himself as much as Bachynski did anything to him.

Not sure if trolling or just took too many blows to the head...
I said this as soon as it happened. If you think Bachynski hurt Scott on purpose, then Battey drove Da Silva into the ground on purpose.

No impartial viewer can think Bachynski did anything malicious, in slow mo or real time.

I said this as soon as it happened. If you think Bachynski hurt Scott on purpose, then Battey drove Da Silva into the ground on purpose.

No impartial viewer can think Bachynski did anything malicious, in slow mo or real time.

There's a world of difference between getting tangled up with a defender on a breakaway drive to the basket and a high elbow to the face on the low post.

Not to mention Bachynski's reputation as opposed to Battey's. Bachynski was a dirty player game-in and game-out.

Wait, maybe we're forgetting that Bachynski had to go to the locker room after injuring Jelly and then cried for the rest of the game?

There's a world of difference between getting tangled up with a defender on a breakaway drive to the basket and a high elbow to the face on the low post.
Bachynski didnt throw an elbow. His elbow was up in Josh's face, but there was no hard contact. The hard contact was Josh hitting the floor.

Back