What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookin ahead to 2021-22

Yup. This could be short term pain leading to long term gain, but there will be some pain initially. Faulkner is GOOD.
This hurts alot unless at least 2 players on the roster have made astronomical leaps forward.

Looks like Louisville was the shark in the water for Faulkner. Can't fault a Kentucky kid for going home to play for a premier program.

Worst case is we go back to Thomas Akyazili-Xavier Talton level at PG, right?

Looks like Louisville was the shark in the water for Faulkner. Can't fault a Kentucky kid for going home to play for a premier program.

Worst case is we go back to Thomas Akyazili-Xavier Talton level at PG, right?

Key is already a step ahead of those two.

My guess is KJ Simpson is that good. Faulkner realized his playing time would be shared with Simpson and Key - you don't transfer across the country to play 15-20 minutes a game, he can do that at Louisville.

My guess is KJ Simpson is that good. Faulkner realized his playing time would be shared with Simpson and Key - you don't transfer across the country to play 15-20 minutes a game, he can do that at Louisville.
That's my thought (or hope). Also, unless I'm misremembering, I thought Faulkner needed a surgery and wasn't going to be available for camp & maybe early season.

Do games like these serve much benefit other than allowing guys a chance to travel to an interesting place together where they can develop some chemistry?

realize that RSS Bot posted a version in the news forum, but putting this here for reference.

customer on my new project is based in LA area and really hoping I can time a trip out there w/ the UCLA game.

realize that RSS Bot posted a version in the news forum, but putting this here for reference.

customer on my new project is based in LA area and really hoping I can time a trip out there w/ the UCLA game.

Do we really play Oregon/Oregon State twice at home? or one of those should be away?

I think we can set our sights a little higher than that
With a team with 5 freshman and 4 sophomores that will get plenty of playing time? We were 24-11 in spencer and askias freshman year. And they had brown dufault and Roberson guiding the ship. Think 20-21 wins makes sense

With a team with 5 freshman and 4 sophomores that will get plenty of playing time? We were 24-11 in spencer and askias freshman year. And they had brown dufault and Roberson guiding the ship. Think 20-21 wins makes sense

Teams with freshmen talent win 23+ games routinely in college basketball, especially when brining in a top-10 class. It isn't like CFB where more time is required to develop teams.

Look at Syracuse for instance, their rosters are almost always built from high 3* and 4* players, and they regularly win around 25 games a year.

I'm not saying it will for sure happen, but I think the team should set higher goals than 20 wins.

Teams with freshmen talent win 23+ games routinely in college basketball, especially when brining in a top-10 class. It isn't like CFB where more time is required to develop teams.

Look at Syracuse for instance, their rosters are almost always built from high 3* and 4* players, and they regularly win around 25 games a year.

I'm not saying it will for sure happen, but I think the team should set higher goals than 20 wins.
Syracuse last won 25 games 8 years ago.

Fun Fact: In Tad’s first 9 seasons of PAC-12 conference play, CU had 84 wins out of 162 games played, or just 3 games over .500. Last season was the first 20 game conference schedule, and CU finished with 14 wins to 6 losses, or 8 games over .500. That’s their best conference record in fifty two years, when they finished 10 and 4 in the Big 8.
Da Lama I think your prediction is reasonable. I’ll wager on the over, because it’s Kool Aid season.

21-10 OR 20-11. BOOK IT.
To clarify things, this is regular season. I anticipate finishing 4th or 5th in conference then winning 2 and losing 1 in the Pac 12 tourney. We dance as a 9 seed, win first rd, lose in the second and gain some great experience for the young guys. Final record 24-12 or 23-13.

Back