What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lynn Katoa in trouble

If what is written in the article is true, and he assaulted someone with a rock, after the taser incident occured, then he deserves to be gone.

We don't need student athelete's lilke this. We will be better off without him.

Dude should have simply called the cops. It's one thing to react during the altercation, it's another to go back looking for trouble after the tasering took place.

Also, for the jackasses who used a stun gun. I hope they catch those ****ers too and throw the book at them. Pussies!

Agreed on all counts, although if you think KKKeenan is going to prosecute the stun-gunners, I've got a bridge I want to sell you. She'll give them immunity for their testimony and cooperation.

Honestly, I feel that's a part of why we have these problems at CU. The instigators get off scot-free. so why wouldn't they and their friends do it again? It's easy to act like a prick when you face no consequences for your actions. And KKKeenan is so hell bent on getting football players, she'll forego the usual charges in order to get said football players. That's her MO, and it makes me sick.

Katoa's baked and he has to be. NCAA watch dog eye has CU in its cross hairs. That is a fact and Lynn just sealed his fate on this right or wrong he is going to get grilled thats a fact. Bigger name bigger laurels coming out of high school but he is Colt Brennan part deaux.

Jacka**** tazing people for sh*ts and grins? I understand society can't condone vigilantism, and that if guilty, LK should face whatever punishment the crime merits, but I don't personally hold ill will against Katoa for what he did. While it wasn't prudent or wise, in a basic sense, it was just.

I'd like to think karma will find the c**ts using the tazers, and that it will come with more than just a rock in its hand.

I wish he hadn't done it. I wish Sipili hadn't done it.

I wish Noel Devine (WVU) hadn't done it

I wish Phil Taylor (Cleared of charges), Chris Baker, Navorro Bowman (PSU) hadn't done it

I wish Andy Christensen (NU) hadn't done it

I wish Justin Francis (Rutgers) hadn't done it

I wish Rashad Johnson, Jeremy Elder (Bama) hadn't done it

The list goes on. This isn't new we are just the latest. Expect more. Our culture is not getting less violence oriented by any means, it is getting more.

Video games, terrorism, tv, movies, war, books, waterboarding you name it. These kids are being indoctrinated with the idea that we settle our differences with violence and aggression. Don't think this is going away there will be much more.

I just hope Katoa comes out of this with as little damage as possible for his sake. We've had no prior indication he is a thug and this could mark his young life indelibly. It may already have.

Not for sure. But the fact that he had a rock in his hands is serious stuff. I'm sure the Mary Keenan and her cronies will be gunning for Katoa. They'll make an example out of him. If what the BDC is reporting is true, he's done in Boulder.

I can't believe all this Hyperbole of conclusions without the other side being told. There are too may PUSSIES HERE! Jebus...chil out!! There will be alot more info on the days leading up to Lacey (DOUCHE BAG) charges. This incident has different components than Sipili's. This time the kid used a weapon on a friend and if, IF it is the same dude he freaken diserved it, just from the wrong person! Now, knowing the kid had minimal injuries (few stitches) this is nothing like facial,orbital reconstruction Sipili's dude went through! We the other side has thy're day to meet the press I think then and ONLY THEN can we as Buff fans base an intelligent opinion.

LATE,

I really feel bad for him on one hand because he is a kid. But having said that, you still need to control those impulses. I don't care if you are on scholarship, not on scholarship and not an athlete, picking up a rock and hitting someone is just not socially acceptable behavior.

It does always break my heart though to see one ****up kill your future. No matter what happens - innocent until proven guilty in this country - I hope he learns from his mistakes and can move on and be a successful person.

Maybe he felt he had to have something in his hand going into the appartment knowing one of then has a 50,000 watt stun gun!

In my mind, he's done. In other words, I am taking the approach that he is no longer a Buff. I'm focusing on the team, not him. Am I disappointed? Yep. But I'm more pisssed at him than anything else. Everything I'd thought about this kid has just been wiped out.

I don't think this thing has played out in it's entirety, with that being said, BDN has been known to be BIASED. BG Brooks doesn't alway have correct intell either! Let's let this play it out. I think Hawk would have had amble time by now & most definitely would have CANNED HIS ASS, if all was true from the press!

if someone tazed my friend, i would have retaliated too.

I understand that. But look at the consequences Katoa's actions have now. He is going to be kicked out of the college he wanted to be at for the next four years. How much is a scholarship at CU worth?

It's sad. Here in Austin, UT football players break into apartments to steal TVs, and it's all ok. In Boulder, a CU football player defends a friend who was assaulted with a taser, and he gets suspended.

Sipili ruined someone's face an got suspended for a year. Katoa pushed someone around and someone got stitches. Katoa is NOT gone, he might be suspended for a year. Oh well, not the end of the world. There are 100 other kids on the team. Our season did NOT hinge on having Katoa start as a Frosh. Y'all need to relax.

There are witnesses who said Lynn had a rock in his hand. That can't be dismissed as pushing someone around.

Are these witnesses the same who started the assault with the taser gun? I wonder how their credibility will stand up in court...

There are witnesses who said Lynn had a rock in his hand. That can't be dismissed as pushing someone around.

It's also not absolutely destroying someone's face like Sipili did. The article also makes no mention of which fist the rock was in.

You know, it is impossible to glean the facts from a brief article. For instance, it sounded like the taser guys had gotten into a car and split. So, what involvement did the two guys Katoa went after have?

Another thing that pisses me off is, where were LK's friends? Why didn't someone grab his ass and try to calm him down. "Lynn, don't do it, you'll destroy your career!" Or something. Especially, if he was with other football players, why the hell didn't they hog tie his ass?

I'm pissed and disheartened. The CU football team's rep is a helluva lot more important than Lynn Katoa or any recruit, five star or one star. Now, if Hawk is still sticking behind him, maybe there is more to the story than we all know. The article did say that most of the kids didn't want to press charges. So who knows?

I understand that. But look at the consequences Katoa's actions have now. He is going to be kicked out of the college he wanted to be at for the next four years. How much is a scholarship at CU worth?

Out of state, around $150 K. Quite a chunk of change.

It's sad. Here in Austin, UT football players break into apartments to steal TVs, and it's all ok. In Boulder, a CU football player defends a friend who was assaulted with a taser, and he gets suspended.

It's sad those players get away with that crap. Katoa should not get away with assault because it was not self defense. There are better ways to defend your friend than to assault someone with a rock.

The rock is the main problem here. It can be considered a weapon. The kid who is pressing charges, however, deserves to get hit with a rock for some of the sh*t he has done...

The kid who is pressing charges, however, deserves to get hit with a rock for some of the sh*t he has done...

There are alot of people you'll meet in life who deserve to have the holy sh*t beat out of them. But you don't do it. It's not worth the BS you'll have to go through. Just like LK is going through right now.

He'll probably get suspended and come back next year,who knows.

We have other LB's,major,smart,sipili,jones,rippy,mohler.

It just sucks because this kid is fast,a viscious hitter(no pun) and in early.

We'll know soon enough or if it's status quo as usual,the night before the csu game:wink2:

Scout link above said:
Witnesses told police that a man, whom they reportedly identified as Katoa, “walked into the apartment, slammed one victim's head into a wall, then hit another victim with his fist. There were some accounts that the suspect was holding a rock at the time.

Having had some time to think about this, I can see some factors that may not be as bad as they sounded initially, and some thoughts that may indicate it's worse.

First of all, I could care less about him slamming one kids head into the wall, IF the kids he went after were involved somehow with people getting tased. The kid he punched? That's assault, and Katoa has got to know, in his position, you can't go around punching people. Sipili's situation should have gotten that through to anybody associated with the program. BUT, the story above does not say that Katoa was holding the rock in the fist he punched the guy with. And given Katoa's size and strength, if he punched somebody with a rock closed in his fist, the damage would have been more than a few stitches - there would be injuries like those in Sipili's case. That leads me to believe that we very well may not be dealing with him using a weapon - maybe the threat of using a weapon, and granted that isn't good. But not near as bad.

The difference I see between this case and Sipili's that is not good for Katoa is that Sipili got involved in an ongoing fight where a teammate was already involved. It was an existing violent situation. Katoa, on the other hand, went and sought out people to get involved in an altercation with. Even though he was responding to the tasing of a friend, to me, it seems like that could be a serious negative against him. Nobody was at risk at the time he went after these guys.

All in all, hopefully it balances out to a similar punishment to Sipili's. I think that's probably the best Katoa can hope for at this point...

I can't believe all this Hyperbole of conclusions without the other side being told. There are too may PUSSIES HERE! Jebus...chil out!! There will be alot more info on the days leading up to Lacey (DOUCHE BAG) charges. This incident has different components than Sipili's. This time the kid used a weapon on a friend and if, IF it is the same dude he freaken diserved it, just from the wrong person! Now, knowing the kid had minimal injuries (few stitches) this is nothing like facial,orbital reconstruction Sipili's dude went through! We the other side has thy're day to meet the press I think then and ONLY THEN can we as Buff fans base an intelligent opinion.

LATE,

BULL****!!!

This didn't happen during the taser event in an effort to help his friend. This happened after the jackasses with the stun gun fled the scene.

Katoa should have called the cops period. NO EXCUSES to go back after the fact and start ****. No matter how pissed off or justified you think you are. If some dill weed stuns your friend and then flees the scene you call 911 and report it. You don't go looking for trouble after the fact in retaliation.

Back