What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre is different

My thing is that I trust Adam and Ryan. They've both watched a lot of practices and scouted JayMac in high school. And they both have told me that the kid can play. Plus, he was about an average level recruit for that class so it's not like he was a reach. If he can help us win while not being a distraction (team chemistry or recruiting), then I don't see why I would waste my time making issue over this. I really haven't seen any indication that there is a problem here outside of fan concerns (even beliefs) in their own heads that there is a problem.

I sure hope you are right about Lil' Mac. Aside from his physical (in)abilities, I take major issue with the highest paid employee in the State of Colorado gifting his son a full athletic scholarship. Imagine if Distefano or Benson gave their Grandson a full ride academic scholarship when they had a 2.9 GPA in high school. That's the equivalent as far as I am concerned.

I think the exact opposite of Mac. In fact, he reminds me a lot of Hawkins in the way he talks. I lost all respect for Mac when he recruited his son. His undersized, slow-footed, lightly recruited, son.
Are you high? The kid isn't slow and in the multiple practices I've been to he has yet to drop a single pass.

I sure hope you are right about Lil' Mac. Aside from his physical (in)abilities, I take major issue with the highest paid employee in the State of Colorado gifting his son a full athletic scholarship. Imagine if Distefano or Benson gave their Grandson a full ride academic scholarship when they had a 2.9 GPA in high school. That's the equivalent as far as I am concerned.

You do understand that scholarship athletes have rights and privileges that walk-on athletes don't, right? It's not just about paying tuition. Why does someone always make this same ill-informed argument? Jay earned a scholarship and deserves it, regardless of how much his dad is paid.

Well, a large part of our Program's downfall over the last decade can be attributed to Nepotism. I think it is in very bad taste for our "new" coach to come in and immediately recruit his marginally talented son. If the Hawkins experiment didn't end so poorly, I probably wouldn't feel this way.

I lost all respect for Mac when he recruited his son. His undersized, slow-footed, lightly recruited, son.

Well, a large part of our Program's downfall over the last decade can be attributed to Nepotism. I think it is in very bad taste for our "new" coach to come in and immediately recruit his marginally talented son. If the Hawkins experiment didn't end so poorly, I probably wouldn't feel this way.

Trolling is an art form and you suck at it.

The major problem with the Hawkins thing was many people felt like Tyler Hansen was better than Cody and that was the problem...not that Cody was on the team. If Mac plays his son over a more deserving slot receiver then that would be the issue.

Mac is very scripted or rehearsed, yesterday when they asked about the tempo of the offense I could have answered that question word for word. It was the exact answer it has been for 3 years and I've heard it 100 times. Maybe I should stop watching /listening to every interview.

Here we go again...

This issue surfaces different factions within the fan base. Some are fine with it. Some don't care. Others don't like it.

It's doubtful many people's opinions will sway until after we react to what does and doesn't go down on the field or in the locker room.

At the end of the day, women's lacrosse got a scholarship funded out of this deal. Any drama from this soap opera has yet to play out for better or worse.

Shouting down posters like borracho doesn't make the soap opera disappear. It's similary futile and unproductive to keep digging through the ashes of the Hawkins era in the MacIntyre context. Different coaches, different players, different postions.

We can all agree it is what it is. This sore spot could have been avoided. Now there is a shadow of daddyball that may or maynot work out.

Why not hope for the best until the facts help sway the argument one way or another?

I think the exact opposite of Mac. In fact, he reminds me a lot of Hawkins in the way he talks. I lost all respect for Mac when he recruited his son. His undersized, slow-footed, lightly recruited, son.
Delete retort

EDIT: Dammit! I can't believe I almost let myself get sucked in!

I didn't agree with the recruitment of Jay Mac, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, two years after the fact. It is what it is. Thus far, there's been no indication that his presence in the lockerroom has been a distraction or a problem in any way. WR is a very different position from QB. You can have as many as 4 WRs on the field at the same time. Nobody is going to avoid coming to CU because they're worried they won't get playing time at WR. That was the major issue with Cody.

Exactly, you wouldn't. Mike Mac and Jay Mac are not Dan and Cody Hawkins. Stop comparing the situations; they are completely different. This is a lazy argument that we constantly hear from the casual CU fan, that doesn't pay close attention to the ongoings of the program.

If he was a qb, I might feel differently but he's a role player. Let's see what he can do before he gets judged.

So the first post was full of declarative statements about this small, slow-footed, beneficiary of clear nepotism before you've seen him play a single down. In this more recent post we see more openness toward him as a player accompanied by a more pointed attack on his father currently in his 3rd season of trying to turn this ship around. In the post after this you lay a "large portion of our programs downfall" at the feet of Cody Hawkins, a young man who most of us have a lot of respect for even if we don't specifically admire his athletic attributes.

rarely has this much wrong happened so quickly. Congratulations?

you sound like a ****ing lawyer with a grudge.

Nepotism is nepotism regardless of performance, I can see why that bothers some people.

There is something to be said for new blood.

When RG and HCMM came on board, the culture changed for the better thanks to new blood.

When Leavett joined, a new infusion of ideas has us excited. His addition is great.

The President and Chancellor are the opposite of new blood. They've been around forever and aren't exactly millennial savvy.

Daddyball recruiting is not new blood.

Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush are not new blood.

Sure continuity and nepotism happen and sometimes works out. But it's never a guarantee for success and always comes with an aroma that is displeasing to some noses.

So the first post was full of declarative statements about this small slow footed beneficiary of clear nepotism before you've seen him pay a single down. In this more recent post we see more openness toward him as a player accompanied by a more pointed attack on his father currently in his 3rd season of trying to turn this ship around. In the post after this you lay a "large portion of our programs downfall" at the feet of Cody Hawkins, a young man who most of us have a lot of respect for even if we don't specifically admire his athletic attributes.

rarely has this much wrong happened so quickly. Congratulations?

you sound like a ******* lawyer with a grudge.
I don't think he sounds like Snow at all.

Have you actually seen him play or are you gonna keep talking out of your ass?

The kid can play is has good size for a slot WR no matter what you say. Your comments though make it clear you don't know what you're talking about.

Back