What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

mangino on his way out?

prime teets

Club Member
Club Member
another board is saying the ku players and their ad are having a meeting today and the big man may be done. apparently he is an ego-maniac and absolute hell to play for. i really hope this is true, because he is the only reason they have sniffed wins the past three years.

apparently the ad really wants edsall from connecticut.

that would be a good hire for most people, imo. the guy built the thing from nothing. and made them competitive. played their way into a BCS conference in a decade (even though it's the Big East)

I doubt Edsall leaves UConn. And I doubt Mangino leaves KU unless its on his own terms.

Maybe Mangino knows how ugly it is going to be when Reesing leaves. There is a fair chance that they suck something fierce next year. They will loose all of their skill this year.

Why? Isn't KU doing the best it has ever done the past few years? until 2002 this team was a doormat. Mangino has turned KU around. I guess they are willing to roll the dice and see if a new coach can take them to the next level. If the new coach can't win with below average players then they will dropback to a doormat. Mangino does a great job winning with the talent he has.

All it says is that it was a personel matter....

rumor on collegefootballeating.com is that he ate one of his players and they can't find him.

fjlyxv.jpg

Why? Isn't KU doing the best it has ever done the past few years? until 2002 this team was a doormat. Mangino has turned KU around. I guess they are willing to roll the dice and see if a new coach can take them to the next level. If the new coach can't win with below average players then they will dropback to a doormat. Mangino does a great job winning with the talent he has.

They're worried about his health. It's a bad deal. Really bad, from what I'm told.

They're worried about his health. It's a bad deal. Really bad, from what I'm told.

I was just about to post a ROFL smiley on the pic above, but if this is truly the case, I hope the big guy pulls through.

After everything he's done for them, it'd be a shame for it to end due to health concerns.:huh:

I was just about to post a ROFL smiley on the pic above, but if this is truly the case, I hope the big guy pulls through.

After everything he's done for them, it'd be a shame for it to end due to health concerns.:huh:

That pic is too thin for Mangino.

I heard this last year. I do think there are legit health concerns that would be part of the decision making process. MM has done a whale of a job there, pun intended, and cutting him loose would be a mistake IMO, if it only involved W/L's.

I can't see Edsall leaving UConn for KU. Even though they have had success with MM, it is still a BB school. Any coach coming in there would have to see it as a step up from where they are, and Edsall would be foolish IMO to look at KU that way.

I still don't know why when they extended MM's contract they didn't require daily sessions with a personal trainer or something. All it would have taken was a GA tying MM to a treadmill and turning it on...

I heard this last year. I do think there are legit health concerns that would be part of the decision making process. MM has done a whale of a job there, pun intended, and cutting him loose would be a mistake IMO, if it only involved W/L's.

I can't see Edsall leaving UConn for KU. Even though they have had success with MM, it is still a BB school. Any coach coming in there would have to see it as a step up from where they are, and Edsall would be foolish IMO to look at KU that way.

I still don't know why when they extended MM's contract they didn't require daily sessions with a personal trainer or something. All it would have taken was a GA tying MM to a treadmill and turning it on...

Isn't UConn a bb school too? I agree with you that its not a step up though.

Isn't UConn a bb school too? I agree with you that its not a step up though.

Good point. My guess Edsall will wait for a better opening than KU. Uconn is a pretty respectable gig right now, and has about as much chance of a BCS bowl as the Jayfrauds...

I'd say his chances are better in the Big East than at KU in the Big XII.

I doubt Edsall leaves UConn. And I doubt Mangino leaves KU unless its on his own terms.

Or on a gurney. If I were a KU fan, I'd be a little worried he might have a heart-attack walking from the locker room to the sideline. They need to get him one of those Hoverround scooters.

Last edited:
Or on a guerney. If I were a KU fan, I'd be a little worried he might have a heart-attack walking from the locker room to the sideline. They need to get him one of those Hoverround scooters.

He'd squash a hoverround, I'd go with medium duty farm tractor....

Saw on a different forum that he assaulted cornberback Chris Harris on the plane on the way to the Colorado game. They also say he is gone for certain after the season.

On the internet, it must be true.

Turn this around the other way, there was a rumor earlier this year that something was up. But the speculation then revolved around Manginos health. Perhaps the meeting is to announce that Mangino will step down at the end of the season for health reasons.

Its odd to me that your AD would let the players dictate to the school what would happen. Supposedly we ended up with Rick Neuheisel instead of Bob Simmons/Eliot Uzelek because some kids threatened to transfer. Imagine if Marcus Houston had his way and had Bienemy removed. Its a bad precedent.

I don't like it because now there is another AD out there shopping for coaches along with Mike Bohn.

Last edited:
Saw on a different forum that he assaulted cornberback Chris Harris on the plane on the way to the Colorado game. They also say he is gone for certain after the season.

On the internet, it must be true.

its harris's fault he shouldnt have taken mangino's twinkie

Something is weird in Lawrence. Earlier in the year the had the fight with the basketball team.

If Mangino is indeed on his way out, it better be for a really good reason. He is a very good football coach who has brought KU the best success they have had in a very long time. Puzzling.

If he did really smack a player, he's gone. If that can do in Woody Hayes, then it can do in Mark Mangino. Mangino is no Hayes...he's sort of like three Woody Hayes fused together in one gelatinous mass....

Back