What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Marques Simas

It's going to take a heack of a lot more than one receiver to get CU sputtering again.

Top 5 after watching you all season.

1) Obviously, a good & solid QB - Sorry, but Hawkins is mediocre at best
2) Special Teams, yours is the worst I've seen next to Nevada's. How can you play Div1 Football and not catch a damn kick return.
3) A D Line
4) Tackling...way to many arm tackles (so does NU don't feel bad)
5) Heart - Except for ISU...I haven't really seen you guys want to win

I can't believe no one's called you out on #5 yet. What a bunch of BS!

If you didn't see the Buffs playing with great heart in Lincoln, then you are blind. We were just about 3 TD dogs in that game. And after NU answered the fast start, the Buffs could have folded their tent and assumed the run was over. But they didn't. They played hard til the end. They were a prayer 57yd FG from victory. They didn't lose because of heart. They lost because that kid made a great kick.

I know you've spent the last couple of Cally years watching your D routinely give up and quit, but I have yet to see the Buffs do that.

I can't believe no one's called you out on #5 yet. What a bunch of BS!

If you didn't see the Buffs playing with great heart in Lincoln, then you are blind. We were just about 3 TD dogs in that game. And after NU answered the fast start, the Buffs could have folded their tent and assumed the run was over. But they didn't. They played hard til the end. They were a prayer 57yd FG from victory. They didn't lose because of heart. They lost because that kid made a great kick.

I know you've spent the last couple of Cally years watching your D routinely give up and quit, but I have yet to see the Buffs do that.

Putting points on the board and playing with emotion and heart are two different things.

It's going to take a heack of a lot more than one receiver to get CU sputtering again.

I concur. As you already know, 34 of 44 in CU's two-deep against nebraska were listed as either a frosh. or sophomore. As you also know, CU lost 11 players to season-ending injuries for a grand total of 109 lost games in the two deep. Three academic suspensions killed us.

Yes, we need more, and we're getting more. BUT, of those returning players, Ryan Miller and Marques Simas probably give us the biggest bang for our buck. Simas was a four-star athlete out of Cali, that most people felt was way-underrated. Who, you ask? Coach Brown (secondary) says that they've got nothing to slow the kid down. CU led the Big XII in pass defense for most of this season (if not all of it)--Brown knows what he's talking about. Simas makes a difference.

Top 5 after watching you all season.

1) Obviously, a good & solid QB - Sorry, but Hawkins is mediocre at best

Okay, Cody's "physical limitations" have been discussed ad naseum. But, behind an average line, as a true freshman he passed for 3000 yards. Also, he displayed sufficient leadership to lead teams to victory against Texas Tech, #3 Oklahoma and ummm....nebraska. Joey Ganz didn't beat a ranked team. In fact, as we all know, nebraska, as a team hasn't beaten a top 20 team since 2001 (I'm sorry if you're tired of hearing that).

So Cody isn't the cream of the Big XII. BUT, he's shown a little something a long the way.
2) Special Teams, yours is the worst I've seen next to Nevada's.
How can you play Div1 Football and not catch a damn kick return.

I've got no answer for that, or numbers 3 or 4. Good points, and certainly areas for improvement.

3) A D Line
4) Tackling...way to many arm tackles (so does NU don't feel bad)

5) Heart - Except for ISU...I haven't really seen you guys want to win

For a bunch of freshmen and sophomores, thrown to the Big XII wolves? Plenty of heart. I think you misdiagnosed that one. Just my opinion.

I concur. As you already know, 34 of 44 in CU's two-deep against nebraska were listed as either a frosh. or sophomore. As you also know, CU lost 11 players to season-ending injuries for a grand total of 109 lost games in the two deep. Three academic suspensions killed us.

Yes, we need more, and we're getting more. BUT, of those returning players, Ryan Miller and Marques Simas probably give us the biggest bang for our buck. Simas was a four-star athlete out of Cali, that most people felt was way-underrated. Who, you ask? Coach Brown (secondary) says that they've got nothing to slow the kid down. CU led the Big XII in pass defense for most of this season (if not all of it)--Brown knows what he's talking about. Simas makes a difference.

Okay, Cody's "physical limitations" have been discussed ad naseum. But, behind an average line, as a true freshman he passed for 3000 yards. Also, he displayed sufficient leadership to lead teams to victory against Texas Tech, #3 Oklahoma and ummm....nebraska. Joey Ganz didn't beat a ranked team. In fact, as we all know, nebraska, as a team hasn't beaten a top 20 team since 2001 (I'm sorry if you're tired of hearing that).

So Cody isn't the cream of the Big XII. BUT, he's shown a little something a long the way.

I've got no answer for that, or numbers 3 or 4. Good points, and certainly areas for improvement.

For a bunch of freshmen and sophomores, thrown to the Big XII wolves? Plenty of heart. I think you misdiagnosed that one. Just my opinion.

Roger that....good points

Putting points on the board and playing with emotion and heart are two different things.

I agree 100%. In fact, some could say that our inability to put points on the board ended up forcing the Buffs (especially the D) to show a lot of heart.

I agree 100%. In fact, some could say that our inability to put points on the board ended up forcing the Buffs (especially the D) to show a lot of heart.

So much heart that they would end up being gassed late in the game which would lead some to believe that they gave up when really they were just spent.

So much heart that they would end up being gassed late in the game which would lead some to believe that they gave up when really they were just spent.

The sad part is that Tosis spent the last several years watching Cally's defense quit almost every game. He ought to recognize the difference.

Back