What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matches thread - #15 Soccer on the road at Cal (Thurs., 1:00 MT) and #1 Stanford (Sunday, 1:00 MT)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Buffs look to continue their winning ways in the Bay Area.

Take it the Bears and Cardinal Buffs!

Preview -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/10/16/soccer-buffs-up-to-no-15-in-the-rankings.aspx

"
BERKELEY, Calif.—The Colorado women's soccer team moved up to No. 15 in the United Soccer Coaches poll on Tuesday. It is the highest the team has been ranked since the 2009 season.

Colorado tied its longest unbeaten streak, extending it to 15 games, with its 4-1 win over Oregon last week. The win puts Colorado at 12-0-3 on the season and 4-02 in the Pac-12 Conference. CU, along with No. 1 Stanford and No. 3 Georgetown, are the only three teams remaining in DI without a loss.

The Buffaloes put their streak on the line on the road this week. Colorado will be at California on Thursday and at Stanford on Sunday.

"We are excited to get back out on the road and take on two very good teams," head coach Danny Sanchez said. "It is really all about Cal on Thursday. They have had some mixed results, but we know they are quality."

"Cal is our number one focus right now," Kornieck commented. "I am really excited for that one, but Stanford is No. 1 in the country. We have to just keep playing our game, stay confident and keep thinking that every game is the most important game."

A win at Stanford would mark Colorado's first over a No. 1 ranked opponent. CU has two previous meetings, in 2007 and 2011, with Stanford at No. 1. The last time Colorado beat a team ranked in the top-5 was an overtime win at Texas A&M in 2010.

Both matches this weekend are set for 1 p.m. MT starts. The games will be broadcast across the Pac-12 Networks.
"

Match notes - https://cubuffs.com/documents/2018/10/16//CU_Soccer_Game_Notes10_16.pdf

Match Media links -
Vs. Cal (Thursday, 1:00 PM MT)
:
Live video - match is being shown live on the Pac 12 National, Mountain and Bay Area channels. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to one of those Pac 12 channels, believe the match can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/womens-soccer/event/2018/10/18/colorado-california .
Link to link to Live stats (No direct link yet as I post this.) - https://calbears.com/sports/2016/8/22/live-stats.aspx

Vs. Stanford (Sunday, 1:00 PM MT) :
Live video -
match is being shown live on the Pac 12 National and Mountain channels. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to one of those Pac 12 channels, believe the match can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/womens-soccer/event/2018/10/21/colorado-stanford.
Live stats - https://gostanford.com/sidearmstats/wsoc/summary

Wish I could watch - but it won't happen in the middle of my teaching day. This is a "must win" for the Buffs to finish in the top 3 of the conference.

GOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL Korneick off a nice inbounds pass that finds Baucom who finds Korneick!!!

From live stats-
"GOAL by COLO Taylor Kornieck (FIRST GOAL), Assist by Jorian Baucom, goal number 77 for season. [21:58]"

Tompkins with a great save after a bad giveaway right outside the box. Buffs dodge a bullet.Still 1-0

Korneick with a blast for a GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL after Barton holds the ball and Korneick blasts it from the top of the box!!!

Edit- Live stats - "GOAL by COLO Taylor Kornieck, goal number 8 for season. [46:48]"

BAAUUUCCCOOOMMM gets the 3rd for the Buffs late in the match!!!

Edit- Live stats " 83:24 GOAL by COLO Jorian Baucom, Assist by Taylor Kornieck, goal number 12 for season."

And now it's on to Palo Alto for maybe THE national match of the week as the Buffs play Stanford as 2 of the 3 remaining undefeated teams in NCAA D1 face off. (Wonder if any Buff soccer team has ever been in possibly THE premiere match of a week before?)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a few highlights from the article on the match (https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/10/18/soccer-no-15-buffs-blank-the-golden-bears.aspx) linked to in the above post's 2nd tweet. -

"
KEY STATISTICS: CU's offense came from its top-3 scorers this season. All nine points were attributed to Kornieck (2 G, 1 A), Baucom (1 G, 1 A) and Barton (1 A).

BY THE NUMBERS:
Colorado

Goals: 3
Shots: 15
Fouls: 10
Saves: 3

California
Goals:
Shots: 9
Fouls: 3
Saves: 5

UP NEXT: Colorado heads off for its final road game of the regular season on Sunday. The Buffs will take on No. 1 Stanford (1 p.m. MT) in the Pac-12 Network's Game of the Week.

NOTES: Colorado has now scored 2 or more goals in four consecutive games…it is the first time CU has accomplished the feat in conference play since 2003…the shutout was CU's eighth of the season…CU's three assists extend its school record to 50 on the season…Baucom's goal was her 12th of the season, becoming just the third Buffalo to score 12 or more goals in a season (Katie Griffin, Nikki Marshall)…Kornieck has now scored two goals in back-to-back games for the first time in her career…her eight goals this season have tied her for fourth in CU history with 26 career tallies…Tompkins has not allowed a goal in 161:44.

QUOTABLE:
Head Coach Danny Sanchez

On overall performance
"I thought we played really well. Cal is a team, like I said before the game, that has had mixed results. We know the quality of their team and coaching staff. We made some good adjustments as the game progressed in the first half. We got a great goal from Taylor [Kornieck]. Whenever you are on the road you want to play on the front foot and play with the lead. Then in the second half, I thought we played very well. We had a very good second goal. Erin Greening into Tatum [Barton] and then Taylor with the finish. Then the third goal killed it off. It was a really good play from Taylor to find Jorian [Baucom] in the box. We got everybody some good minutes. Any win on the road in the Pac-12 is a very good win."

On the play of Colorado's front line
"I thought our movement was very good today. I thought our link-play was very good, especially in the second half. I thought we were unfortunate to maybe not get another one [goal]. The combination play and the unselfishness was very good. I thought we scored three really good goals. Nothing cheap about any of them."

On the team's production
"I think it is all about our personnel. I think we are fortunate to have some players that are really performing well this year. We have some players that are coming off the bench who are keeping up the standard."

On looking forward to No. 1 Stanford
"Obviously, we are excited to play Stanford. Stanford is the class of the league and the class team in the country. I think our mindset going into it is that we need to play with confidence. Like I told the team, at the end of the day we have two more big games at home next week. It is not like it is the last game of the season. We are excited about the challenge. We respect their program and we really respect their players and coaches."
"

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/boxscore.aspx?path=wsoc&id=11378

Pac 12 Network recap-

Interview with Taylor Korneick-

there is a report that Stanford may have just lost their main scoring threat Sophia Smith with a serious leg injury against Utah. Sophia is freshman from windsor. How good must of that team been last year with her and Chaney on it.

there is a report that Stanford may have just lost their main scoring threat Sophia Smith with a serious leg injury against Utah.
Her leg is badly broken and will require surgery. She isn't the only Cardinal that is injured - looks like several other players will be missing this match.

Of course the Buffs will be without a couple of starters as well.

Looks like the typical starting lineup (at least recently) for the Buffs with game time only 10 or so minutes away!

3-0 in the 30th minute with a beautiful turn in front of the net by probably the best offensive player in the NCAA,

Back