What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Maybe CU Was A Bit Overrated ?

I don't think we were overrated, we played a team with more talent at pretty much every position. Played one our worst games this year to top it off. It happens. I'm not gonna tell those guys they were overrated though, that's chicken****.
Jesus you're impossible. I'll try one more time:

1) CU was ranked ahead of OSU
2) OSU was the better team (your words)
3) Hence we were overrated

Do you believe we were one of the 10 best teams in the country? Because that's where we were ranked.

Jesus you're impossible. I'll try one more time:

1) CU was ranked ahead of OSU
2) OSU was the better team (your words)
3) Hence we were overrated

Do you believe we were one of the 10 best teams in the country? Because that's where we were ranked.
Nope but I think they earned the right to be right where they were.

It does, that's why you play the games and see how it comes about. I'm done talking about it.
We were overrated because our competition was overrated. The Pac is down. That helped us immensely. But we are a top 20 team. I'll take that moving forward. We built a foundation. Now it's time to put a building in it.

We were overrated because our competition was overrated. The Pac is down. That helped us immensely. But we are a top 20 team. I'll take that moving forward. We built a foundation. Now it's time to put a building in it.

I don't buy the "PAC is down" argument right now. PAC may not have a great team at the top (may be disproved as well against Bama today) but top to bottom I don't see any leagues that are "great" this year. B1G had some quality at the top but their middle wasn't as good as usual and their bottom was terrible. SEC the same. Hard to argue against Bama but the rest of the SEC only managed to look great against each other. B12, we will talk when I'm done laughing and ACC other than top 2-3 teams would struggle in any other conference.

We were overrated because at the end of the season we weren't near where we were most of the middle of the season. That was mostly about depth which we had very little of.

You're a national treasure.

i don't understand this site. I've never seen a larger collection of arrogant, condescending assholes in my life. It's the ****ing internet for gods sake, he can have his opinion, it's not affecting your life. everyone here is a colorado fan, I don't get the hostility.

It does, that's why you play the games and see how it comes about. I'm done talking about it.

I agree with you. Rank is based on what has happened to that point. Based on what the Buffs had done and what everyone else had done (strength of record), the Buffs were ranked right where they should have been heading into that Washington game. Maybe even a couple slots too low. And where we'll finish is where we belong based on the entire season.

I think some people are basing things on some other criteria on whether a team is over- or under- ranked.

I agree with you. Rank is based on what has happened to that point. Based on what the Buffs had done and what everyone else had done (strength of record), the Buffs were ranked right where they should have been heading into that Washington game. Maybe even a couple slots too low. And where we'll finish is where we belong based on the entire season.

I think some people are basing things on some other criteria on whether a team is over- or under- ranked.
Exactly.

i don't understand this site. I've never seen a larger collection of arrogant, condescending assholes in my life. It's the ****ing internet for gods sake, he can have his opinion, it's not affecting your life. everyone here is a colorado fan, I don't get the hostility.
Why so angry? Happy New year.

Sink can have his opinion too, fellow condescending asshole.

it was a heck of a run this year!.....had a ton of fun at folsom! lets move on to next year!
ps. had a ton of fun on river walk was worth the trip...had so many beers in me over the 3 days that it dulled the pain in the dome

Overrated going into the bowl? I suppose. Well be mid-teens in the final poll, and that's right where we should be IMO. I think it's semantics though. Think of the teams we lost to, though-all of them will be talked about as CFP contenders going into next year.

Dumb question that I'm trying to work out:
Did anyone else play 4 games against teams that will (likely) finish the year in the top 10? 6 in the top 25?

Maybe Ohio State. They had Oklahoma, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Clemson.
I could see 3 of those dropping out of the top 10 (probably not all 3, but say 2 of 3). B1G = overrated this year.

Back