What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Maybe CU Was A Bit Overrated ?

10 win seasons are not a fluke. Only 25 teams had 10 wins or more. 10 win seasons are the result of good coaching. I think CU played above its talent level to achieve those 10 wins. Sometimes we even won impressively, which is another example of good coaching. We also played UM and USC much tighter than was expected. We did not play as well against UW or OSU. It is what it is.

We have a lot of be proud of. On to next year.

10 win seasons are not a fluke. Only 25 teams had 10 wins or more. 10 win seasons are the result of good coaching. I think CU played above its talent level to achieve those 10 wins. Sometimes we even won impressively, which is another example of good coaching. We also played UM and USC much tighter than was expected. We did not play as well against UW or OSU. It is what it is.

We have a lot of be proud of. On to next year.
I agree with your principal point: 10 win seasons are not a fluke.

15 P5 teams won 10 games or more this season. The value is diminished a bit versus 20 years ago, but it is still a huge accomplishment. I would be extremely disappointed if CU was not in the Top17-18 to end the year - meaning they rank 2-3 teams only above us with less wins.

As for next year, I would be very surprised if the pundits don't have us in the Top 25 across the board. Even those that drop us a bit for losing so much on defense, if they bothered to do that research, they would then know what we have coming back on offense.

As for next year, I would be very surprised if the pundits don't have us in the Top 25 across the board. Even those that drop us a bit for losing so much on defense, if they bothered to do that research, they would then know what we have coming back on offense.

Some will have us that high but I dont think it will be unanimous. We came out of nowhere and that makes us a bit of risk to be a fluke. Especially considering how we finished the year flat and with two losses. People who really know will also note that we will be losing a lot of seniors and starting a new DC and a new starting QB that needs to fill the shoes of the heart of the team. And thus they probably conclude that were not top25 preseason for next year.

I think we win 7 or 8 as we suffer growing pains.

Some will have us that high but I dont think it will be unanimous. We came out of nowhere and that makes us a bit of risk to be a fluke. Especially considering how we finished the year flat and with two losses. People who really know will also note that we will be losing a lot of seniors and starting a new DC and a new starting QB that needs to fill the shoes of the heart of the team. And thus they probably conclude that were not top25 preseason for next year.

Yep, thinking 7 to 8 wins and 2018 we challenge for pac 12 title.

Possibly, but I think the person staring at this opening year ballot with us at #18 in both polls is going to struggle to drop us off completely without doing real research. If they did, they would find....

Yep, thinking 7 to 8 wins and 2018 we challenge for pac 12 title.

Which I totally agree with.

Back