What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: #1 Kansas @ Colorado Game Thread

Harris-Tunks will develop into a solid player. He's still adjusting to the college game.
I agree, only things he should focus on now are playing D and rebounding. His O should be putbacks and chippys. He can work on that over summer,o post game that is. From the looks of it, his ft shooting could use some attention too. Also it never hurts to bust that ass in the weightroom, get more physical.

so, that's the most i have watched of a CU basketball game in a very long time. i've only watched "highlights" of this year's team before tonight. i know there are no moral victories, but the Buffs look like a pretty well-coached team. compared to ricardo's teams, they look downright poised and professional. the bottom line, really, is athletes. ku has a ton of them and CU, well, doesn't have so many elite guys.

i actually came away from that hopeful. good coaching can take you places. it is a far less depressing situation than the fooball team. i hope they are on tv more-- i liked watching them D up and distribute the ball and run motion and such... it was seriously night and day between this and ricardo. man, it would have been something to see what bzzz could have done with chauncey.

anyhow, i know a lot of you watch it a lot more closely than i do, but i see glimmers of hope. am i crazy?

No, you are not crazy. This team is so much improved over what Buzz inherited it is night and day. It is frustrating as hell lately, because they have had so many close games they should have won, but couldn't. That's where the lack of a big man in the middle to rebound and make teams respect the inside game is a killer. But for anybody who wants to find anything negative about taking the #1 team in the country to OT on a night where the officials were wearing Jay**** blue and a probable freshman all-American was on the bench in a suit, I think you need a serious reality check.

That said, they have got to get a win over Mizzery on Saturday. That is a very winnable home game, It's time to play well AND get a w...

Knutson played great. Relphorde was awesome. I thought Tomlinson had one of his best games as a Buff until the last minute when he wanted it to be "Tomlinson Time." He pulled the same **** against Oregon State. Buffs played well. Taking the #1 team to overtime with Burks out and Higgins going 4-15 is impressive. I still don't know how they were competitive in this game. Maybe the 20 missed free throws has something to do with it. ****. I really wanted that one.

Knutson played great. Relphorde was awesome. I thought Tomlinson had one of his best games as a Buff until the last minute when he wanted it to be "Tomlinson Time." He pulled the same **** against Oregon State. Buffs played well. Taking the #1 team to overtime with Burks out and Higgins going 4-15 is impressive. I still don't know how they were competitive in this game. Maybe the 20 missed free throws has something to do with it. ****. I really wanted that one.

Tonight's game & Nebraska were 2 of Levi's best in the silver & gold & black. Agreed with everything else you said too. Can't believe it was really that close throughout - esp. with Cory playing like he did & Burks on the bench. Hey, I'm tired of moral victories too - but tonight, I didn't even expect that.

My thoughts: In my five years as a band member, attending almost every home game, this was the most exciting basketball I've ever seen in the CEC. Say what you want to about Bohn but by bringing is Bzdelik he's done the best thing anyone has done for CU basketball since at least Chauncey. He talks the talk (I heard him say in his post game interview "I don't believe in moral victories.") and he's just a couple of (big) players away from being able to consistently walk the walk. I'm glad I'll be around for the next couple of years because this is going to be a special time for Buff basketball. I was also very proud of my fellow Arapahoe alum. Levi had a career night and really gave us some good hope early on with his three ball. I'm really wondering what might have been if Burks had been in good shape. A win tonight probably would have been the best moment in my career as a fan of CU athletics. Oh well... as stacked as the Big XII will always be, we'll get other, better chances to take down a #1 ranked team. I say again, this is a very special time to be a fan of CU basketball. I can't wait to see what happens when we really pop. Unlike certain other teams on this campus, anyone with eyes and half a brain can see that almost all of the pieces are in place here and I think it's only a matter of time.

All I know is that this Buff team is fun to watch. It is such a nice change to see the team be competitive. Buzz has done wonders at CU. This team would win close to 20 if they played in most other conferences. The Big XII is brutal and the Buffs are able to trade blow with these teams now. They still have some steps to take, but I really like where we are heading.

Tomlinson gets superman syndrome at the end of games and really hurts his team. I don't know if it was shown on TV, but after his near half court shot a couple CU players were in his face about it. Relphorde was one of them and was almost beside himself. For me it's hard to fault him as he's being aggressive and trying to make something happen, but good Lord his judgement is horrible right now at then end of games.

I told some KU fans I hadn't seen the Jayhawks miss so many free throws since the championship game against Syracuse in '03. They agreed and said free throws hadn't been a problem all year until last night. It just got to the point where you expected them to miss.

Our team just went toe-toe with the #1 team in the country, and one of the best Jayhawk teams I've seen('97 and '03 being the others). Damn last night was fun!

coors sounded and looked LOUD on television. it actually LOOKED like a basketball school. i hope they are on tv more often. hell, maybe we can dull some of the pain of a totally irrelevant football program with an emerging bb power! that would be quite a change.

coors sounded and looked LOUD on television. it actually LOOKED like a basketball school. i hope they are on tv more often. hell, maybe we can dull some of the pain of a totally irrelevant football program with an emerging bb power! that would be quite a change.

I think the students are looking for a different sport to get excited about. If football isn't working, basketball is the next option and everyone I've seen at any of the games looked like they were having a blast cheering for a team that plays with heart, desire, courage, and toughness and is coached the same way. It is a cool thing going on in the CEC right now.

It wasn't just loud, it was hot as as hell to. One of the first improvements needed at the CEC is the ventilation system. :lol:

The student section was packed. About as full as I've ever seen it. The atmosphere was just electric. Hawk fans weren't allowed to be as loud and obnoxious as they usually are cause the CU fans would just drown them out. It's been awhile since that has happened.

There are some season ticket holders that need to either start making games, or just give their seats up. There was way too many open seats in good locations last night. The people a row in front of us sold their tickets on E-Bay to a bunch of KU fans. If they show up on Sat against Mizzou they won't be happy. :smile2:

coors sounded and looked LOUD on television. it actually LOOKED like a basketball school. .....

I was listening to the local radio jockies yesterday....talking about Xavier Henry (from OKC). They were saying that the road environment has him a bit gun shy. One comment was that the last 2 arenas were "mean and loud".

To all those folks attending games - good work, and keep it up. Combine a loud and hostile crowd with the "elevation" issue and you have a recipe for a truly vicious home-court advantage.

Back