What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread: Buffs @ The Beavs

Is #Tadball back?

Won on the road only scoring 60 points and having several scoring droughts.
But won the glass, won the turnover battle, committed fewer fouls, and held the opponent to 38% shooting.

So that win puts us in the dance right?..........

0-7 hole, win 6 of 7.

This team could easily be 20-7 and 10-4 right now. The cal game with the two boneheads playing could have been another.

Peters didn't have a great game, but he can break guys down off the dribble, something we have sorely lacked in the past 4-5 years. He could be very good next year.
And is Derek White maybe the biggest "how the hell did this guy get no D1 looks" ever? I'm guessing he improved over the last 4 years, but he had to have at least some of this game coming out of HS. He's kinda unstoppable going right.

Peters didn't have a great game, but he can break guys down off the dribble, something we have sorely lacked in the past 4-5 years. He could be very good next year.
And is Derek White maybe the biggest "how the hell did this guy get no D1 looks" ever? I'm guessing he improved over the last 4 years, but he had to have at least some of this game coming out of HS. He's kinda unstoppable going right.
He grew a lot after HS.

The Buffs gutted out a "can't lose" win tonight. They won the battle on the boards, especially offensive boards (#1 in the Pac-12 for off boards). Their defense was very good once again, they put a lot of pressure out front on the O-State guards and wings and it was very effective.

I'm never going to complain much about a win but I have to say I can't stand it when this team predictably plays silly and sloppy, and gets lazy settling for wild shots and 3-pointers. Tonight they went through several stretches again. It's disappointing when guys are dribbling balls off their legs on 2 of 3 possessions, and then are getting balls stripped away on a couple possessions in a row. At one point tonight, in the 2nd half, they literally went 3 straight possessions (and 4 of 5 overall at that time) with silly mindless turnovers that just leaves one seething. You do that against Oregon and it's a quick 6 to 8 to 10 points the other direction. The scary part is how this team can very quickly fall into that rut. It's like one mistake can turn into 3 or 4 mistakes in a row, at any point in the game.

So that win puts us in the dance right?..........

0-7 hole, win 6 of 7.

This team could easily be 20-7 and 10-4 right now. The cal game with the two boneheads playing could have been another.

I'm going to do my best not to think about the the last line here.

Ugly win is still a win. We all wish they could have figured out how to do this a lot earlier, but better late than never.

I so wish we had White for 1 more damn year. Really is fun to watch him play.

Sometimes you gotta win ugly. Didn't see the game but they found a way. Dudes need to step up at times when others aren't feeling it, sounds like White did exactly that.

The must win nature of that game showed. Buffs played tight all game. What matters is they pulled out the win. Theses guys seem to love the spot light and there is going to be a big one in Eugene. Get that road win and they may just give the committee something to think about.

Also, the win last night guarantees CU at least a .500 finish. Tad Boyle still has only 1 losing season to his name at CU.

The must win nature of that game showed. Buffs played tight all game. What matters is they pulled out the win. Theses guys seem to love the spot light and there is going to be a big one in Eugene. Get that road win and they may just give the committee something to think about.

Also, the win last night guarantees CU at least a .500 finish. Tad Boyle still has only 1 losing season to his name at CU.
Welp, hopefully they won't be tight for that one. They will be most likely. Hopefully a good start and just calm down, play basketball.

Welp, hopefully they won't be tight for that one. They will be most likely. Hopefully a good start and just calm down, play basketball.

Yeah but I would really like to see this team, one time on the road, playing their A game. Like they did against Oregon the first time, or this last week when playing Wash and Wash St. When doing so, this team is really exciting to watch and pretty dominant.

Does this team have a run in them? The 2011-2012 team finished the regular season with 19 wins and this one probably will too.

It's nice to dream, and I think for it to happen Fortune has to pull his head out and start making shots like he did early last year.

Buffs won despite having 3 players score 75% of the teams points
White - 20
XJ - 17
Dom - 8

Shot 15-25

Peters-Miller-Siewart were 1-11 and will be needed if want to pull off a win in Eugene.

Oregon's last home loss came two whole years ago - Jan. 8th, 2015 vs. Arizona. That streak is due to be broken at some point and this is their last home game of the regular season. I was listening to Kevin O'Neill chuckle last night at the mere thought of CU going into Eugene and getting a win. "Not gonna get em in Eugene. No way" he said. Well someone is bound to knock em eventually!

Just so everyone is clear, I do want better offensive efficiency.

But I'm focused on the 2 things that form the foundation of Tad's program:

1) Hold opponent to under 40% shooting.
2) Win the glass.

If CU does those things, especially if it also wins the turnover battle, CU rarely loses. It did those things last night.

Beautiful.

Especially when they have NBA talent on the floor. Play with nothing to lose you'll settle a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I think White is great, and is my favorite player to watch in a CU uni since Higgins. However, just like Higgins, White is a marginal NBA prospect that hopefully a team takes out a 2nd rounder on. Many, many teams have marginal NBA prospects. This of course doesn't detract from the frustration that you and all of us feel about this team, but I just want to put to rest any notion that we have true, unanimous NBA talent.

That was one of the ugliest basketball games I've ever seen played.

I ddn't watch all of it, but yeah... ...what I could get...yeah. Just glad we won.

Oregon's last home loss came two whole years ago - Jan. 8th, 2015 vs. Arizona. That streak is due to be broken at some point and this is their last home game of the regular season. I was listening to Kevin O'Neill chuckle last night at the mere thought of CU going into Eugene and getting a win. "Not gonna get em in Eugene. No way" he said. Well someone is bound to knock em eventually!
Remember when we Tadballed Oregon in Eugene 4 years ago?

A big put back by Andre at the end of the game won it I believe?

I think this is a must win to get the RPI moving in the right direction. The next 3 games against top 100 RPI teams (and one tourney team) will help, but this is the game that gets us on the bubble talk.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I think White is great, and is my favorite player to watch in a CU uni since Higgins. However, just like Higgins, White is a marginal NBA prospect that hopefully a team takes out a 2nd rounder on. Many, many teams have marginal NBA prospects. This of course doesn't detract from the frustration that you and all of us feel about this team, but I just want to put to rest any notion that we have true, unanimous NBA talent.

I ddn't watch all of it, but yeah... ...what I could get...yeah. Just glad we won.
Fair point, I was talking about whoregons talent. Sorry for the confusion. Without the state of course.

Back