What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread: Buffs visit Nebraska 1/18

We are gettingg completely jobbed by the refs

:yeahthat: This is a mother****ing joke. I wanted to say they style of play the officials are allowing is good for the ****ing inbreds, but it's beyond that. This is a ****ing hack job by these officials, who are clearly more interested in getting applause from the hicks in the stands than in calling a fair game. Glad to be reminded why I will not miss the Big XII...

Have to agree with the dork-boy ottlieb, anytime we're in the paint, it's good. Have to think we could get fouls on these fat-asses.

Have to agree with the dork-boy ottlieb, anytime we're in the paint, it's good. Have to think we could get fouls on these fat-asses.

We are getting fouls on these fat asses. They simply aren't being called (at least against them...)

We're gonna have games like this. Maybe we can go on a run and get back in it, but gonna be tough to win when the refs allow a certain style of play that isn't your strength.

Officiating is bad, and Gottlieb is an idiot, but the Buffs do not deserve this one. Learn from it. I believe that they will. We should beat the pHuskers when they come to Boulder, and let's get ready for Oklahoma.

I don't know, this just seems to be one of those nights. Lets see, what do we have going for us?...

Calls....nope
Luck...nope
Our D...nope
Our O...nope

Unless something drastic happens we can chalk this up as a loss.

we sucked tonight... but these refs are atrocious boyle got t'd up for saying are you kidding me and giving the ref the eye... plus the refs are showing off to the crowd... im so sick of this ****... it's embarrassing for the conference

perfect block. kNU is a team built to beat us. sigh.

A perfect block involves throwing a guy to the court now?? Ok....

I guess UNL wanted one more shot to beat CU in a football game in Lincoln. Maybe in Boulder the two teams can play a basketball game...

The team is just horrible tonight and that is all it is. Poor game, poor execution and pizz poor results. They have earned this beating tonight IMO.

Ok I know this game is over but WHAT was that foul call on Levi right there?? I think he might have touched one finger to his hip and conceded the layup. This officiating is a joke.

The team is just horrible tonight and that is all it is. Poor game, poor execution and pizz poor results. They have earned this beating tonight IMO.

That and the fuskers were totally geared up for this on their home court. I predict we put a massive beat down on these f***s in Boulder.

That and the fuskers were totally geared up for this on their home court. I predict we put a massive beat down on these f***s in Boulder.

It's a perfect storm. First and foremost, we didn't play well. UNL is a big team, which isn't a great matchup for CU. The fuskers and the crowd were fired up (Dopey Sadler apparently called this one bigger than KU and Mizzou combined). The officials called a game that suited Nebraska's style of play (to put it nicely). Add it all together and this one wasn't going to end any other way than it did...

Well, that was an abortion.

I could call out a lot of guys and say a lot of ish, but I'll tone it down and single out 1 guy.

Relphorde made some boneheaded plays that a point shaver wouldn't even attempt because it would look too obvious. We cannot have guys play like that, especially seniors, and hope to have any chance on the road.

Bad loss but as long as they beat OU, it'll be fine. Boyle needs some 6-10/6-11 guys who can play.

It's a perfect storm. First and foremost, we didn't play well. UNL is a big team, which isn't a great matchup for CU. The fuskers and the crowd were fired up (Dopey Sadler apparently called this one bigger than KU and Mizzou combined). The officials called a game that suited Nebraska's style of play (to put it nicely). Add it all together and this one wasn't going to end any other way than it did...

Been lurking this thread for most of the second half. The Buffs have a quality team. They have more wins in them than losses on the schedule.

The Huskers are a big team and it isn't a great machup for CU.....but there are far bigger teams out there. I thought the crowd was a bit flat tonight. I talked to my son who went to the game and he indicated the crowd was not as loud as it should have been or will be for the next 4 home games on the schedule.

The Buffs will have their hands full when this game is played in Boulder. Don't count on a blow out. It's going to be close, hard fought game. The Huskers could go home with a win.

Good Luck!

We need to schedule a series with the Huskers starting next season! If we are not going to kick their rears in football, let's do it on the hardwood!

not sure what it would have taken short of decapitation for NU to called for a foul within 10 feet of their basket. but, the better team won tonight.
gotta move on. road losses happen.

CU had some chances to get back into it...but could not take advantage of Husker mistakes and generally answered with one of their own (esp that set of 5-6 possessions we tried to go 1 on 4 into the teeth of their collapsing D. bad decisions.

so the Oklahoma game is listed as being on the Big 12 network. what is that?

*edit* found out it is just ESPN being rebranded.

Been lurking this thread for most of the second half. The Buffs have a quality team. They have more wins in them than losses on the schedule.

The Huskers are a big team and it isn't a great machup for CU.....but there are far bigger teams out there. I thought the crowd was a bit flat tonight. I talked to my son who went to the game and he indicated the crowd was not as loud as it should have been or will be for the next 4 home games on the schedule.

The Buffs will have their hands full when this game is played in Boulder. Don't count on a blow out. It's going to be close, hard fought game. The Huskers could go home with a win.

Good Luck!

Don't count on Colorado getting a total of 9 free throw attempts when the rematch happens in Boulder. Or on outshooting CU 57-44%. Or Higgins and Burks combining to go 40% from the field. Or Burks turning the ball over 7 times.

When they were patient on offense and worked for an open shot they found one. Unfortunately they didn't do this nearly enough, plus it wasn't a good shooting night. Nebraska did a good job of taking away driving/passing lanes as well. The refs did suck tonight, but there were opportunities that a more composed team would have taken advantage of. They let the tough defense from the fuskers and non-calls from the refs rattle them.

Anyway, 3-1 in conference play so far. :thumbsup:

If I were a betting person, I would have made some serious dough on this game. Everything was going against us....that is the way it goes. Let's look forward, and beat the hell out of the Sooners.

Back