What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread: Buffs Vs Ducks

Soft Rebounding. Flaccid D. Gutless performance. I thought we were past this. Very frustrating. Turning it off.
I don't know that this is a fair comment. They were ahead in the last 10 minutes of the first half at one point.

That being said, I would have been better served not making an effort to watch it at a bar to shake up my day. There were other ways I could have spent that time.

I don't know that this is a fair comment. They were ahead in the last 10 minutes of the first half at one point.

That being said, I would have been better served not making an effort to watch it at a bar to shake up my day. There were other ways I could have spent that time.
I'm usually pretty fair but you may be right. I'm a little ticked off at what I saw. Like all things in life, effort matters. It takes talent to hit a high percentage of 3's. But being a low-talent guy - I prefer effort. That's controllable. It takes more effort to move your feet, raise your hands, play D and box out. It takes guts to get punched in the mouth and get up and keep fighting. The effort and subsequent guts simply aren't there today... at least not since the last 2 minutes of the half.

Well you only lost by 28 so I guess you got your wish. Don't feel bad guys nobody is beating Oregon at home this year and especially not on senior day.
And especially after we beat them in Boulder. I told my son their was not a chance in Hell we'd win this.

It was a 35-32 game with 3 and change, 10-0 run by ducks was deflating. Now the second half, was a **** show but they can score quick and just overwhelm you.

Erase it and sweep at home.

Too painful to watch at this point.

Just have to flush this, win these last 3 at home over Top 100 RPI teams, finish it at 19-12 (9-9), and go into the P12T with a reasonable chance of earning a bid.
We should win next 4, then will take some special effort. I sort of doubt it's enough for NCAA if we finish 20-13.

Buffs got rocked, although that first 16+ was really fun to watch. It showed what this team is capable of. Need to run the table at home now. If they get hot in Vegas who knows what could happen.

Wes has not played very well since the suspension (which XJ apologized for, Wes didn't) Will he play hard today?

Question answered. wes should be 7th or 8th off the bench going forward.

Ran into a buzz saw on the road. Nothing you can do. Win the next three and we have a punchers chance!

Disappointing outcome. Unfortunately, when looking at their resume, I believe the Buffs had to have this win, and win their remaining three games plus at least a game in the Pac-12 tourney to have any serious consideration. I think now that they lost here, plus the loss at Cal, they would now have to win the Pac-12 tournament to get in. Period.
Look, it was an outside chance to begin with and the team had to play perfect and almost undefeated to make it to the dance. Im not giving up on the team. I think they'll win their final three and get one in Vegas. They'll get to 20 wins and likely play in the NIT. It's a respectable season, especially from where they were to start conference play.

Disappointing outcome. Unfortunately, when looking at their resume, I believe the Buffs had to have this win, and win their remaining three games plus at least a game in the Pac-12 tourney to have any serious consideration. I think now that they lost here, plus the loss at Cal, they would now have to win the Pac-12 tournament to get in. Period.
Look, it was an outside chance to begin with and the team had to play perfect and almost undefeated to make it to the dance. Im not giving up on the team. I think they'll win their final three and get one in Vegas. They'll get to 20 wins and likely play in the NIT. It's a respectable season, especially from where they were to start conference play.
Yea, even had they pulled off the win in Oregon, I think they still would've needed 3 wins in the P12 tourney (let's say Stanford, Oregon, UCLA). Otherwise, it would've been very close to our 2011 resume.

Can Peters stay?
3rd suspension of the year (altho called 'coaches deciscion to not dress') - that's the CU standard, no?
Happens just when there is a huge focus on BB suspensions (XJ, Wes) - so he's kinds unconcious, has a major problem or doesn't care.
taqd is in a bind today

Can Peters stay?
3rd suspension of the year (altho called 'coaches deciscion to not dress') - that's the CU standard, no?
Happens just when there is a huge focus on BB suspensions (XJ, Wes) - so he's kinds unconcious, has a major problem or doesn't care.
taqd is in a bind today

Wondering the same thing about Peters? Does he not learn from his mistakes? How do you get 3 suspensions your freshman year?

Wondering the same thing about Peters? Does he not learn from his mistakes? How do you get 3 suspensions your freshman year?

I know that one of them was for academic responsibilities -- he missed a study hall.

Lost in Saturday's mess was another positive sign from Josh Fortune and his play of late. 3/3 from 3pt range and no turnovers. He has played well lately, particularly with his perimeter defense. If he has rediscovered his stroke, this team became a lot more dangerous.

Allstar beat me to it but he does have some pretty interesting role models on this team. I do believe Tad has a culture problem that he is going to absolutely have to deal with this off season. Some are going by graduation but there may need to be some others who leave in order to set an example. Hope Peter's is not one who but it may be best for the program culture in the long run. Just guessing from the outside looking in.

Lost in Saturday's mess was another positive sign from Josh Fortune and his play of late. 3/3 from 3pt range and no turnovers. He has played well lately, particularly with his perimeter defense. If he has rediscovered his stroke, this team became a lot more dangerous.

Un-Fortunately, Josh "Hit" Fortune showed up to play a lot less frequently than Josh "Miss" Fortune. Now it's too little, too late.

Allstar beat me to it but he does have some pretty interesting role models on this team. I do believe Tad has a culture problem that he is going to absolutely have to deal with this off season. Some are going by graduation but there may need to be some others who leave in order to set an example. Hope Peter's is not one who but it may be best for the program culture in the long run. Just guessing from the outside looking in.

Peters suspended indefinitely...

https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/da...ended-indefinitely-for-cu-buffs-hoops.124941/

Very Disappointing

Back