What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread: Buffs Vs Ducks

I agree with this.

The rest, it's more a question of whether they are high-end or low-end Pac-12 talent. A guy has to at least have one thing he can be a role player with and star in that role or he doesn't belong out there. And we can't have too many role player types or there are too many holes to be exploited.

I'll buy that. It is more accurate to say the talent is high end, low end or does not belong at this level. If that was the criteria, then I would re-phrase about the talent level, with 3 players getting major minutes if they were on the UCLA, Arizona or Oregon roster. The rest would be low level.

I'll buy that. It is more accurate to say the talent is high end, low end or does not belong at this level. If that was the criteria, then I would re-phrase about the talent level, with 3 players getting major minutes if they were on the UCLA, Arizona or Oregon roster. The rest would be low level.

Fair enough.

I think we'd all agree that CU has few players this year (or any year) who would start for Arizona or UCLA. But there are a lot of other guys playing in the Pac-12. Our roster is in the upper middle on talent.

The curious thing is that dumb posts are often quite lengthy. Seems there could be a better use of time, but to each his/her own.

HAHA :) Man... ...so... ...wonder if MtnBuff has read your post.

Morning wakeup call
Fire, mistakes fill my core
Bookmarked hot sauce thread

Haiku on, BBF

My good sir - it's five, SEVEN, five

I find this thread funny at this point. Go Buffs!

HAHA :) Man... ...so... ...wonder if MtnBuff has read your post.

My good sir - it's five, SEVEN, five

I find this thread funny at this point. Go Buffs!
I feel a diversion from the original purpose of the post was most appropriate. Oregon pretty much had the final word, not much else to say.

so quick recap. a guy gives a controversial opinion and at least one of you puts him on ignore (we're not even in the politics board!) and the rest of you don't even bother with a "response" post that quotes his text because it's seemingly so ridiculous and just not even possible that the wheels might even just a little bit be falling off. No no, let's sweep this under the rug!

Keep up the good fight, BuffinCali. This place can occasionally feel somewhat like an echo chamber.

The team is struggling because the head coach has made poor recruiting decisions on top of running a lethargic offense. 5 out of the 9 players he has signed since 2012 have left the team (Fletcher, Hopkins, Jenkins, D. Thomas, Guzonjic), more than 50% attrition is terrible for any school.
Collier has been a bust. This year (19 games) he has 31 assists and 24 T.O's. Last year (34 games) he had 91 assists and 72 T.O's. Overall in his career he has averaged less than 2 assists per game and 1.6 turnovers per game. The offense does not flow with him in the lineup. The team plays better with him coming off the bench.
Gordon has regressed under Tad. The team actually plays better without him in the lineup. Gordon does not run down court, he slowly lags up and down the court, showing minimal effort.He should be benched indefinitely.
This team has 3 quality Pac 12 players (White, XJ and King). White and XJ are going to graduate and there is a player that is supposedly on his way out early after this season. Tad should hope it is not King.
The team does not perform well, the players are unhappy, recruiting has been below average, the offense is stagnant and the coaches cannot seem to teach players simple help defense (and close out defense on the perimeter). Players are being suspended frequently, Freshmen thru Seniors. Experienced two blowout losses this season giving up over 100 points. As a fanatic, one hopes for the best. Reality is, the wheels are coming off this program and have been at a steady pace, there are no saviors from the most recent class signing. If King is the player who leaves at seasons end, next years team will be lucky to smell 10 victories. Tad has built up equity in this program. But he also needs to be held accountable for what is going on with the issues off the court, poor recruiting and underperforming on the court.

so quick recap. a guy gives a controversial opinion and at least one of you puts him on ignore (we're not even in the politics board!) and the rest of you don't even bother with a "response" post that quotes his text because it's seemingly so ridiculous and just not even possible that the wheels might even just a little bit be falling off. No no, let's sweep this under the rug!

Keep up the good fight, BuffinCali. This place can occasionally feel somewhat like an echo chamber.
So I've quoted both relevant messages in order to minimize offense (that's ofFENSE as opposed to OFFense, which is already somewhat minimized).

1. The issues raised in the "ignored" post were discussed by several subsequent posts, although the post was not "quoted."
2. The rumor that 'there is a player that is supposedly on his way out' is fine with me, and not too remarkable since it seems a player or two leaves early every year, but extending the rumor to GK and following up with dire predictions is ridiculous. Will we see a retraction/apology if nobody leaves early after the season? What if next year's freshman class proves dominating? I suspect not, although throwing an unsubstantiated rumor out then extrapolating on it is pretty much the definition of "fake news." Perhaps sharing the source of such inside information would improve credibility.
3. Can't disagree with unhappiness about recruiting or performance of many recruits, but I'm not very in-touch with recruiting details. One key parameter IMO is the frequency that excellent players "under the radar" of scouts are missed. It's sort of like hiring someone for employment - you can identify promise and probability, but you really don't know for sure how it will work out. Seems that three 4-star recruits is a pretty good haul? But performance will be the proof.
4. Really it's the all-negative tone that provokes an irritated response. There is no sign that the program is getting worse. Perhaps also no sign of further improvement. We're stagnant on 20-win seasons and NCAA tourney trips, or at least being close to both annually. It's a little hard to understand the total negativity under these circumstances.

2. The rumor that 'there is a player that is supposedly on his way out' is fine with me, and not too remarkable since it seems a player or two leaves early every year, but extending the rumor to GK and following up with dire predictions is ridiculous. Will we see a retraction/apology if nobody leaves early after the season? What if next year's freshman class proves dominating? I suspect not, although throwing an unsubstantiated rumor out then extrapolating on it is pretty much the definition of "fake news." Perhaps sharing the source of such inside information would improve credibility.
3. Can't disagree with unhappiness about recruiting or performance of many recruits, but I'm not very in-touch with recruiting details. One key parameter IMO is the frequency that excellent players "under the radar" of scouts are missed. It's sort of like hiring someone for employment - you can identify promise and probability, but you really don't know for sure how it will work out. Seems that three 4-star recruits is a pretty good haul? But performance will be the proof.
4. Really it's the all-negative tone that provokes an irritated response. There is no sign that the program is getting worse. Perhaps also no sign of further improvement. We're stagnant on 20-win seasons and NCAA tourney trips, or at least being close to both annually. It's a little hard to understand the total negativity under these circumstances.

Fair enough...
2. Regarding GK, I did not hint he was leaving, nor was it extending a rumor. I stated that Tad should hope that King does not leave early. Next years team loses a lot in White, XJ, Gordon and Fortune. That is a lot of scoring and rebounding lost, although Namon Wright should be able to step in and pick up some of those numbers. Next years squad will depend heavily on GK.
4. Tad has done a sensational job of turning this program around. I think everyone agrees with that. He raised the bar at CU. However, the bar has been stagnant since season two. Tad is 9-4 in the Pac 12 Tournament, but it has been 5 years since the team made it to the finals. He is one year removed from a 16-18 record and when the teams have made the NCAA tournament, the have struggled to get past the second round (one time, in 2011). Tad raised the bar, but there has not been improvement in the program since his initial efforts, it has been status quo with trouble recruiting and issues off court. I don't get why there is an issue with wanting better performances moving forward.

Since 2012 (Buffs Won), only 5 teams have reached championship game

Utah - runnerup
AZ - champs and 2 runnersup
UCLA - champs/runnerup
Oregon - 2 champs/runnerup
CU - champ

Not much diversity in the teams and this year is likely to contain the box of AZ, UCLA, and Ore

If we go back a couple of years, include Washington

Dillon Brooks with the buzzer beater. Crazy comeback by Oregon

Since 2012 (Buffs Won), only 5 teams have reached championship game

Utah - runnerup
AZ - champs and 2 runnersup
UCLA - champs/runnerup
Oregon - 2 champs/runnerup
CU - champ

Not much diversity in the teams and this year is likely to contain the box of AZ, UCLA, and Ore

If we go back a couple of years, include Washington

And nobody sees it coming but the Buffs make some noise in the Pac 12 Tourney this year. Not saying they win it but will be a story line. They can play at the top 4 level in this conference. I hate that 0-7 start this season.

And nobody sees it coming but the Buffs make some noise in the Pac 12 Tourney this year. Not saying they win it but will be a story line. They can play at the top 4 level in this conference. I hate that 0-7 start this season.

I agree with this actually. The Buffs have stumbled in conference tournaments since 2012, really. Even in 2014, they managed to make the semifinals but then played sluggish and were blown out by Arizona. I kind of get the feeling that this team, as silly and nonsensical as they can be, might just make a run this year. Then again maybe they get beat first round. I hope not.

Back