What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread: Buffs vs. The Dawgs

I like the freshmen, Peters and Siewert. Siewert needs to work on his hands but he does a lot of really good things.

Great win, proud again of the guys that played. Didn't hear why Deleon didn't play but I don't think he suited up. Sounds like Peters played despite being sick.

Teams is starting to become pretty good.

Need the win against Wazzu on Sunday and then we can start talking.

First DNP of the season for Deleon Brown, any news on that?
Tad said several guys are sick and that a bug has been hitting the team for a couple of weeks. I'd bet DB was sick.

Nope, Tad just said he's on concussion protocol after catching an XJ shoulder to the head in practice.

Great effort tonight with the short bench and then with the news on top of it that guys were sick.

This was a must win game to save the season and they gutted it out. Really proud of the team tonight.

Washington is a lousy team without Fultz. That's probably the last time we see Romar in Boulder. Still pleased with the buffs, thought Siewart was excellent tonight. The DWhite coast to coast was awesome.

I think this was the most dominating games CU played this year in Pac competition. Fun game to watch, feels fun to be a fan of this team again. I think the rest of the season will be a crazy roller coaster ride into the Pac tourney.

Great game and effort, but I'm having a hard time getting over the first half of PAC-12 play. Trying to root for this team again, but it's been such a disappointment.

Washington is a lousy team without Fultz. That's probably the last time we see Romar in Boulder. Still pleased with the buffs, thought Siewart was excellent tonight. The DWhite coast to coast was awesome.

Yes it was. That dude is a special player.

They're sloppy and make a lot of mistakes, but can live with it as this team is playing hard right now. We've had some #tadball sightings lately.

Yes it was. That dude is a special player.

They're sloppy and make a lot of mistakes, but can live with it as this team is playing hard right now. We've had some #tadball sightings lately.
The Peters' put back was awesomer.

Great effort last night! Sure, Washington isn't good and worse without Fultz, but Tad only having an 8-man rotation (and 7, after Fortune went down early in the 2nd half) meant everyone had to step up. I was really impressed with Siewert and Peters. Tad said Peters was a little under the weather, but he still brought a lot of energy and hustle. Siewert was more active defensively than I've seen him. Quick hands got several key deflections, and he was also much quicker on defensive rotations. King and Dom were also big-time bright spots. King just decided that the ball was his on multiple rebounds, outfighting bigger guys. And Dom was all over the passing lanes, and undercutting post players for strips when they received entry passes. Also applaud White for his quick recovery after the forearm to the face, and Tory coming back quickly after getting nicked multiple times. A solid team effort that bodes very well for next year!

That was probably the best game of King's career. Loved watching him. He even gave effort on D last night.
Never thought I'd see the day...

To add to the above: this new team is sloppy at times and makes head scratching mistakes, but gives 100% effort and scraps for everything. I don't mind mental mistakes nearly as much when guys are playing their guts out. When it was a starting lineup of 5th year seniors doing it... sigh. Gut wrenching. Love the attitude Peters brings. Hope Brown is cleared soon, because I think thomas is mentally checked out.

D.Brown needs to get back in there and get valuable experience (Josh and Thomas both showed last night that they bring nothing).
The rest all brought great effort. Will be interesting how the return of Wes and X will impact that.

Last night looked like UCLA, play top 8 (in this case only had 8)
Team was in sync and rhythm.
They shared ball and took good shots.
Post defense will need to pick up with Hawkinson and Clifford coming to town.
8 assists and 0 turnovers from Collier/White

D.Brown needs to get back in there and get valuable experience (Josh and Thomas both showed last night that they bring nothing).
The rest all brought great effort. Will be interesting how the return of Wes and X will impact that.

The 3 guard rotation of Collier, Peters, and White is playing well now.
Adding Brown reduces minutes from the above 3.
King is playing real well and his shot is returning.
He dominated the glass chasing down rebounds on the offensive end.

Wasnt perfect but you have to love the effort.

Excellent game! One of the best games and most complete games of the season. Although at times their turnovers looked clumsy and very silly, they still only turned the ball over 8 times and they shared the ball very well.

I really-really like Bryce Peters and where his head is at. He's an aggressive defender and is turning into a very confident and explosive offensive player. If he develops better mid-range touch he has a chance to be one of the best players in this league, in a year or two. That kid has the future potential to take over games by himself, with his ability to dribble drive and slash, and he's shown the ability to get hot from three. Tory Miller is settling in as a nice post player, although his defensive aggressiveness and positioning still need work. Lucas Siewert is already a pretty good rebounder. Although I don't ever see him as a take-it-to-the-rack power player, he's dangerous because he has pretty good mid to long range shooting touch.

Back