What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU @ Arizona St | Jan 5th @4pm | P12

Expected to probably drop these two before the season started-gotta have these next two against the Washingtons this weekend.

Need an actual big that can play and 2-3 guards.

We'll get 3 6-5 to 6-8 tweeners that can neither shoot nor handle the ball. Cause that's what Tad recruits.

MKIV was an accident

Need an actual big that can play and 2-3 guards.

We'll get 3 6-5 to 6-8 tweeners that can neither shoot nor handle the ball. Cause that's what Tad recruits.

MKIV was an accident

Yeah, Kin was a total accident. Shouldn’t even be here. Derrick White was total luck too. Take those two out ... and basically every other guard Tad has recruited or brought in in the last 5 years has either totally sucked or vastly underperformed. The list is long: Peters, Brown, Hopkins, Fletcher, Talton, Fortune, Namon, Stalzer ... wow, that’s a long list of failure at guard. What other program can say that? Even WSU brings in the occasional dynamic guard. Tad needs to be held accountable for this.

When we’re sitting here pining for Dom Collier (who finally learned to hit a spot-up jumper as a senior but added very little else), you know the program is in rough shape.

UW is gonna kick our ass. WSU is no lock either. They’ve had some close losses to good teams.
If we can’t beat WSU at home the season is confirmed finished. Washington is good but we traditionally are competitive against good teams at home. Wouldn’t be surprised if we win both and Tad returns to his status as program savior. And talk about making the NCAA tourney resumes.

If we can’t beat WSU at home the season is confirmed finished. Washington is good but we traditionally are competitive against good teams at home. Wouldn’t be surprised if we win both and Tad returns to his status as program savior. And talk about making the NCAA tourney resumes.

The only way we make the NCAA tournament is by winning the P12 tourney-nobody outside of ASU has any sort of argument for an at large bid.

The only way we make the NCAA tournament is by winning the P12 tourney-nobody outside of ASU has any sort of argument for an at large bid.
Agreed, I didn’t say we have a decent chance, just that the chatter will start up again. And I expect ASU will have a rough journey through the conference, FWIW.

ASU had 50 points in the paint. And we were playing zone half the game. That seems like a lack of toughness. This team is soft. Soft on offense too. We will probably win our share of games at home, only because the Pac 12 is having a down year.

ASU had 50 points in the paint. And we were playing zone half the game. That seems like a lack of toughness. This team is soft. Soft on offense too. We will probably win our share of games at home, only because the Pac 12 is having a down year.

We need to bring back SEAL training. Enough is enough. Come on Tad! We used to have tough muthas on this team!

Points in the paint something like 50 to 15, unacceptable. Time to rip off Dombek's red shirt and throw him into the fire. No reason to "save" a year of eligibility now, if he's as good as advertised he'll go pro in Europe before finishing 4 years here. Let him get used to conference play now, maybe even help us win a few games, and be ready for next season.

Tradition doesn't play games. These current players do. I just don't see the talent to beat UW.

I still am not sure the last time I saw you here when things were going well for football or basketball......but whatever.
Unfortunately, in this case, he is right. This team doesn't have the horses to consistently compete with UW. If they played 10 times UW would likely win 9 of them. So, there is a chance CU can win at home against UW, I just wouldn't expect it. We all saw CU's best performance against Arizona, if they play that way they'll beat UW at home....but that is the best CU has played all year and it isn't likely you'll see them replicate that effort again anytime soon.

Unfortunately, in this case, he is right. This team doesn't have the horses to consistently compete with UW. If they played 10 times UW would likely win 9 of them. So, there is a chance CU can win at home against UW, I just wouldn't expect it. We all saw CU's best performance against Arizona, if they play that way they'll beat UW at home....but that is the best CU has played all year and it isn't likely you'll see them replicate that effort again anytime soon.
Other than turnovers and field goal %, the Buffs stats v AZ were pretty good. However, after jumping out to a 5-pt lead, AZ built a 12-15 pt lead and held it for most of the game, until we cut it to as low as 7 in the last couple of minutes.

Just saying, it wasn’t an awful performance against a good team on their home court, but not sure it’s a guaranteed winner against a good team at home. Hoping, but we’ll see.

I still am not sure the last time I saw you here when things were going well for football or basketball......but whatever.

Exactly, whatever, A-hole-skin (great name BTW). I pointed out in some earlier thread all the “positive” posts I had contributed ... but like most people, you’ll remember what you want to remember. But I’m glad you’re trying to keep track of my posts. Keep trying.

Back