What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU @ UCLA | Feb. 6th @7pm | Pac 12 Net

I could give you he's more athletic than Burks, but not much - Alec was athletic. In his prime athletic prime though, which he was in college, Chaunc was a different level. I'd say I'd give Chauc the slight edge over Bey, and then Burks. Wildcard - Morandais was also pretty athletic...even if not close to the level of player.
First, apparently the Buff had a coming to Jesus experience since their game wit Oregon State, playing Tad-ball now. Go Buffs!!!!!!!

Shannon Sharpe and Carlon Brown were some seriously athletich dudes as well, but not at Bey's level.

Dre's the best athlete I've seen at CU. The quick ups, especially with that second jump, were nationally elite. Also the quickness to get to spots and even get out to guard a wing or corner shooter to guard the kick out or skip pass after collapsing to the post. Special, special athlete.

Buffs took advantage of the open spots in UCLA's zone with great ball movement and perimeter shooting. Gatling was unreal in the second half. Has 5 assists to go along with this tremendous 3 point shooting. His confidence was infectious and he played with smarts in terms of when to shoot or not as well as movement. Buffs only missed on free throw.

Dre's the best athlete I've seen at CU. The quick ups, especially with that second jump, were nationally elite. Also the quickness to get to spots and even get out to guard a wing or corner shooter to guard the kick out or skip pass after collapsing to the post. Special, special athlete.

Too bad he has shaq's wrists. But yea, this. Bey is not as athletic as Dre, but has actual offensive game.

Buffs took advantage of the open spots in UCLA's zone with great ball movement and perimeter shooting. Gatling was unreal in the second half. Has 5 assists to go along with this tremendous 3 point shooting. His confidence was infectious and he played with smarts in terms of when to shoot or not as well as movement. Buffs only missed on free throw.
Regarding that UCLA zone, if I was a Bruins fan I'd be ready to murder them. The rotations, closes and general help was so below par they should be ashamed of themselves. Credit to our Buffs for exploiting it and handling a team with better athletes, more length, better size and better shooters. But that program culture in Westwood needs to be rebuilt.

Regarding that UCLA zone, if I was a Bruins fan I'd be ready to murder them. The rotations, closes and general help was so below par they should be ashamed of themselves. Credit to our Buffs for exploiting it and handling a team with better athletes, more length, better size and better shooters. But that program culture in Westwood needs to be rebuilt.
the one time they closed out hard Gatling took it right by them :ROFLMAO:

I was being a little stitious tonight. Once they started well without me posting anything, I decided not to post until the game was over. This was such a good win. Gonna stay up to watch Utah-USC to see what we're up against at the end of this roadie.

Ball movement tonight was outstanding. Maybe the best I've seen in the Tad Boyle era. If anything, maybe a bit too unselfish with some of the interior passes. But I'm happy to live with that to get the rest of what I saw.

This team has the pieces to beat anyone anywhere within the Pac-12 this season.

Utah is getting after USC, love it! After that episode of Enfield feigning the victim after Tad calling USC out for employing bagmen, I get a real pleasure seeing them lose.

Maybe this team is turning a corner. I’d love to eat any negative things I’ve said about them. Kin, Gatling and Kountz showing how dangerous guards are essential to winning. Hoping Gatling is starting a streak. We could be dangerous if he gets hot.

Last edited:
I think this game is more of how bad this UCLA is than how good we are. But yes you can clearly see the potential of this team. Like I said many times here, be patient.

I can start seeing why Kountz is an interesting player. Very typical Tad style wing. Isn't he very similar to Schwartz though?

Gatling finally showed why he was recruited. He got lots of help with the way the team passed the ball.

Loved the breakdown of one of his 3's that took 8 passes and the ball only hit the floor one time. UCLA was not quick enough to beat that kind of passing.

Fun game to watch. I thought the UCLA center was just tall. Didn't have a lot of skills that he showed last night.

I think this game is more of how bad this UCLA is than how good we are. But yes you can clearly see the potential of this team. Like I said many times here, be patient.

I can start seeing why Kountz is an interesting player. Very typical Tad style wing. Isn't he very similar to Schwartz though?

Schwarz has 3" on Kountz and can guard frontcourt players. Kountz has much better handle and is clearly a 2 and can play some 1.

UCLA are such a mess. With Sierra Canyon's size they could probably give UCLA a game. Maybe even beat them.

Schwarz has 3" on Kountz and can guard frontcourt players. Kountz has much better handle and is clearly a 2 and can play some 1.
Kountz defense is pretty much where Schwarz was at last year. But yes Schwarz has much better outside shooting and taller so technically speaking he is 3 and Kountz is 2. I'm not really sure if Kountz can really play 1, doesn't look like a natural ball handler to me. His style always looks like a typical swingman to me.

Despite my serious misgivings with the program’s poor recruiting, credit has to go to Tad for that excellent performance. I believe that is best ball movement I have ever seen from Boyle’s team on the road. Also, they played calmly and confidently until the very end. Very un-CU like.

And it’s not like UCLA just laid an egg like Oregon - CU simply outplayed them.

s0toqeB.jpg

Good win, but there’s a lot of season left and a big hole to dig out of.

Also, they played calmly and confidently until the very end. Very un-CU like.

Until this type of quote is replaced with the opposite, i.e. that we won in a confident and calm style typical of CU teams, we are nowhere near out of the woods.

Last I checked we’re still 10th in the worst conference in college basketball this year. Get this up to 5 and we’re on to something.

Back