What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU vs. CSU | Dec. 1st @1pm | Pac-12 Mountain

Down to the wire win against an in-state rival and the game-thread doesn’t even reach a second page. Why? Because this is a mediocre program and no one is very interested in it. Apathy has set in. Funny thing is the people who have become apath tic are the same people who feel the need to defend the “great” program that Tad Boyle has built. Some of them might even be showing up here shortly...assuming they still remember that CU has a basketball team.
Or, a football coach was rumored to be hired that day.

Also: **** you, Superfan.

Wow. JRK is invisible for months but makes a splash on his re-entry.

Mediocre poster, IYAM.

Down to the wire win against an in-state rival and the game-thread doesn’t even reach a second page. Why? Because this is a mediocre program and no one is very interested in it. Apathy has set in. Funny thing is the people who have become apathetic are the same people who feel the need to defend the “great” program that Tad Boyle has built. Some of them might even be showing up here shortly...assuming they still remember that CU has a basketball team.
Couldn't agree more about CSU

Wow. JRK is invisible for months but makes a splash on his re-entry.

Mediocre poster, IYAM.
I love how there's all this upsetness after a win, too. I guess the style points weren't there for him. Oh well. I chose to go that game over other obligations on Saturday and over a desire to watch conference championship football games. But I guess I didn't post in this thread during the game so it makes me a bad, un-engaged fan of the CU hoops program.

JRK’s bitching probably belongs in the Larry Scott thread. I was out of town, and couldn’t watch the game because of Pac-12 mountain stupidness. But, JRK is a troll, so I don’t really care. I’ll be at the keg tomorrow. Not posting in the game thread.

Down to the wire win against an in-state rival and the game-thread doesn’t even reach a second page. Why? Because this is a mediocre program and no one is very interested in it. Apathy has set in. Funny thing is the people who have become apathetic are the same people who feel the need to defend the “great” program that Tad Boyle has built. Some of them might even be showing up here shortly...assuming they still remember that CU has a basketball team.

Dude, someone stole your "E"

Well at least you showed up after a win this time....... 2 days later. You're making progress!!!!!

Maybe it not being televised by the likes of DTV and Dish didn’t help.

There are valid complaints about the basketball program to be made. I'm in the boat that Tad has got work to do because he's just middling right now, and he's been stuck in this spot for a few years now. Tad needs to start recruiting a little bit better. We shouldn't be worried about CSU...at home...in year 9 under him.

I love how there's all this upsetness after a win, too. I guess the style points weren't there for him. Oh well. I chose to go that game over other obligations on Saturday and over a desire to watch conference championship football games. But I guess I didn't post in this thread during the game so it makes me a bad, un-engaged fan of the CU hoops program.

That was not a “fan police” post. I don’t really care how many people go to the games or how long a game thread is. I rarely post here myself. What I do care about is the reason behind this forum being a ghost town or the student section being filled as if it’s a volleyball match...that reason primarily being a mediocre program. And I’m baffled by the fact that so many people are content with this status quo. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a basketball program that people are actually excited about?

Everyone was (rightlfuly) happy to see MacIntyre fired. Well his 2016 team alone spent more weeks in the the top-25 then Tad Boyle’s teams have spent ranked in 8-plus season combined...and counting.

Football will always be king and that’s fine but the fact of the matter is if this program was worth a damn then there wouldn’t be nearly so much apathy...such as one page game threads. Roll Tad!!!

That was not a “fan police” post. I don’t really care how many people go to the games or how long a game thread is. I rarely post here myself. What I do care about is the reason behind this forum being a ghost town or the student section being filled as if it’s a volleyball match...that reason primarily being a mediocre program. And I’m baffled by the fact that so many people are content with this status quo. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a basketball program that people are actually excited about?

Everyone was (rightlfuly) happy to see MacIntyre fired. Well his 2016 team alone spent more weeks in the the top-25 then Tad Boyle’s teams have spent ranked in 8-plus season combined...and counting.

Football will always be king and that’s fine but the fact of the matter is if this program was worth a damn then there wouldn’t be nearly so much apathy...such as one game page game threads. Roll Tad!!!
It's always been a ghost town early in the season. Maybe worse this year due to it being a few years since the last Dance coupled with an uninspiring non-conference schedule and the football search taking all the air out of the room.

We've got an entertaining team this year, though. They will have a winning season. I'm hoping that it's enough of a winning season to get back to the Dance. I think there's enough firepower and guard talent to get there and advance this year. Tad's also got his best staff, too, which helps. If it doesn't happen, we'll be right to ask some tough questions.

I was at the game, and if I am to pat myself on the back, it was during a weekend with three significant evening engagements and me singing pretty damn good tenor at a rehearsal and program of Christmas music.
But to the game....sure it would've been nice to blow them out from the start and never let up. But CU did get a win and that's what matters at the end of the day. Some players stepped up in key moments both offensively and defensively.

It's always been a ghost town early in the season. Maybe worse this year due to it being a few years since the last Dance coupled with an uninspiring non-conference schedule and the football search taking all the air out of the room.

We've got an entertaining team this year, though. They will have a winning season. I'm hoping that it's enough of a winning season to get back to the Dance. I think there's enough firepower and guard talent to get there and advance this year. Tad's also got his best staff, too, which helps. If it doesn't happen, we'll be right to ask some tough questions.

Fair enough. I’ll even say something positive with only a bit of snark...regarding Lucas Siewert it’s nice to (finally) see a player in this program whose actually gotten notably better each season he’s been here.

I was at the game, and if I am to pat myself on the back, it was during a weekend with three significant evening engagements and me singing pretty damn good tenor at a rehearsal and program of Christmas music.
But to the game....sure it would've been nice to blow them out from the start and never let up. But CU did get a win and that's what matters at the end of the day. Some players stepped up in key moments both offensively and defensively.
Something that @Ruckus brought up during the game that I think has some validity is that CU should tighten the home rims. We'd get used to shooting on them and it wouldn't be such a treat for visitors. Some of the bounces CSU was getting were insane. Everything they got onto the rim seemed to find a way to bounce its way in, especially in that first half.

Might help us on the road, too, if shooting became easier when we left the Keg.

Last edited:
Back