What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU vs. CSU | Dec. 1st @1pm | Pac-12 Mountain

Scotch

Club Member
Junta Member
Buffs(4-1) vs. Rams(4-3)

Tip: 1pm MST

TV: Pac-12 Mountain

Radio: 850am

Line: CU -14.5
O/U: 154

The Buffs have lost 3 of 4 to the Rams, and the last 2 in Boulder. Need to stop that streak today.

GO BUFFS!!!!!

@leftybuff Pac-12 Mountain
Thanks, but I know that. Pac 12 Mountain, for whatever reason, is not on DISH for this game, apparently. I guess you have to log on and watch it on the computer, or I could go through the headache of linking my computer to the TV, but I doubt I will.

Why is it that EVERY podunk school we play has at least 1-2 guards that can hit an open mid-range jumper and we simply can't find a single one? Been the achilles heel for Tad's entire run here.

way too many turnovers ...a bunch of guys just randomly dribbling into a clogged lane and losing the ball

Nearly gave it away down the stretch but a nice win. Always good to beat the Lammies.

Last edited:
That was a fun game to watch. CU with 3 players with double doubles. Bey with 23 points, 10 rebounds, 9-9 from the line and a key block at the end. Siewert with his 2nd in a row at 16 points and 10 rebounds and Wright with 18 points, 11 assists, 7 rebounds 2 steals and 2 turnovers.

WTF is with Tad taking Bey off the court on offense? Dude should not be subbed out. That needs to change.

@Ruckus

Also, I think Schwartz needs to be a 6th man. If he's not making 3s and scoring, he's not a plus player. Need to bring him in off the bench and let the heat check determine his minutes.

That aside, along with some other points... I LOVE THIS WIN!! **** CSU!!! SUCK IT, RAMMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is with Tad taking Bey off the court on offense? Dude should not be subbed out. That needs to change.

@Ruckus

Also, I think Schwartz needs to be a 6th man. If he's not making 3s and scoring, he's not a plus player. Need to bring him in off the bench and let the heat check determine his minutes.
Bey had 23 points in 23 minutes on 11 shots and 9/9 from the line. Why sub him out at end of game for offense/defense?

@Ruckus

That aside, along with some other points... I LOVE THIS WIN!! **** CSU!!! SUCK IT, RAMMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, Schwartz needs to be demoted. He's really not giving us anything the last 3 games. No energy, no desire out there. I would go so far as to make him a 7th or 8th man. Even Kountz gives us more lately.

I'm liking this team ... and optimistic for the conference season. But then I'm kind of a Pollyanna when it comes to CU MBB. ;)

Yeah, Schwartz needs to be demoted. He's really not giving us anything the last 3 games. No energy, no desire out there. I would go so far as to make him a 7th or 8th man. Even Kountz gives us more lately.
I'm not nearly as down as you are. I just think he's a little un-quick guarding on the wing, which results in good 3pt looks and guys getting opportunities to drive to the basket. I can live with that if he's on with his offense, because he has a ton of skill on that end. I just want him to see the game from the bench, get a feel, and then come in as a heat check. If he's on, he should play about 30 minutes because he's a guy who is capable of scoring 30.

Last edited:
I'm not nearly as down as you are. I just think he's a little un-quick guarding on the wing, which results in good 3pt looks and guys getting opportunities to drive to the basket. I can live with that if he's on with his offense, because he has a ton of skill on that end. I just want him to see the game from the bench, get a feel, and then come it as a heat check. If he's on, he should play about 30 minutes because he's a guy who is capable of scoring 30.
Unfortunately, he has no desire to shoot lately. Just a cog on offense. That needs to change.

Thank goodness we did lose to those guys. Can’t stand losing to CSU. Especially at home.

Was at the game. Nice win for the Buffs, especially since they gave the lead and then figured out how to get it back late. Bey had some huge plays down the stretch, especially his block of an attempted lay-up, from which he grabbed the rebound, was fouled and then hit both free throws. I think he finished something like 9-9 from the line. He was a non-factor in the first half, so kudos to him for getting his head in the game.

Loved Siewert''s aggressive play on the offensive end. Early on he was the only offense. His interior play is so much better than it's been in the past. He's developed the ability to get tough points in the paints.
He needs to get more touches.
And he gets key rebounds.

Battey had his moments on offense as well in the second half. His drive and one was critical. He also had several assists.

MWIV did his thing in the second half as well. Boy his toughness on the interior is amazing!

As for the Buffs' defense, it was an issue much of the game. Yes, early on CSUs was hot from the perimeter. But there are too many open looks and too many times the Rams were able to get to the basket on the dribble. It was hard to watch.

Liked the Buffs rebounding in the second half which allowed them to run more than in the first half.

Still not sold on this season's team in terms of getting to the NCAA tourney.

just realized this thread has less posts than the corresponding "guess the attendance" thread. I have nothing to contribute besides an attempt to change that.

glad the streak is broken, sorry I missed the game.

Go Buffs!

Down to the wire win against an in-state rival and the game-thread doesn’t even reach a second page. Why? Because this is a mediocre program and no one is very interested in it. Apathy has set in. Funny thing is the people who have become apathetic are the same people who feel the need to defend the “great” program that Tad Boyle has built. Some of them might even be showing up here shortly...assuming they still remember that CU has a basketball team.

Back