What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU vs. UCLA | Mar. 7th @ 7pm | ESPN2

WTF is wrong with people?

I was at that game too - great time, with one exception

We sat 2 rows in front of some jackwagon hillbilly from Bama who literally yelled "ROOOOOLLLLL TIIIDDDDEE" over, and over, and over, and over for the entirety of the game. I don't think he knew more than those 2 words.

I was at that game too - great time, with one exception

We sat 2 rows in front of some jackwagon hillbilly from Bama who literally yelled "ROOOOOLLLLL TIIIDDDDEE" over, and over, and over, and over for the entirety of the game. I don't think he knew more than those 2 words.

Was it this guy?
920x920.jpg

I was at the De Young art museum in San Francisco ahead of the National Championship game this year at a Gauguin exhibit and there were groups of Bama fans yelling roll tide to each other inside of the exhibition. Weird.
It’s like a mating call to them. Similar to those aTm inbreds.

Chik-Fil-A promotion to the students seemed like it was a success. Long line to get the free food and that was the best weekday student section of the season, I think.

Saturday vs USC they're giving the students free chicken fingers from Raising Cane's. Should also do well.

This has got to become a regular thing as a promotion. It can't cost much. Heck, it may be easy to make it cost-free for CU if they roll these types of student promotions into the CEC advertising package for having your signage in the arena.
Yep.

I still dont think it would be too hard to have the C-Unit completed funded by sponsors and all the giveaways / promotions / prizes that they could want.

Hell it probably wouldn't be too hard to get the air travel partner of the buffs (United this year) to pitch in 10 round trip tickets to Las Vegas for the top 10 students. This isn't a difficult thing to get rolling, it just takes some want to.

Yep.

I still dont think it would be too hard to have the C-Unit completed funded by sponsors and all the giveaways / promotions / prizes that they could want.

Hell it probably wouldn't be too hard to get the air travel partner of the buffs (United this year) to pitch in 10 round trip tickets to Las Vegas for the top 10 students. This isn't a difficult thing to get rolling, it just takes some want to.

No problem at all. But the AD doesn't want those sponsors dollars going to the C-unit, they want every potential donation going to the MBB program or the general athletic department funds. They see the effort needed to generate the C-unit donations as a distraction and as potential competition to their other efforts.

I don't agree with that take. I don't think that C-unit donations would take much away from other efforts, the target market is different aimed at the student body instead of the regular paying fans.

Lost in all this is that a student who is involved as a fan is much more likely to turn into an alumni who is involved as a season ticket holder and donor. By not putting a minimal amount of money into developing student loyalty they are being penny wise and pound foolish.

If Rick George has one glaring weakness, it’s his reluctance to prioritize student engagement. He is taking a very short term view and not looking at the potential for recurring revenue streams 20 years down the line from engaged and passionate alumni who are students now.

If Rick George has one glaring weakness, it’s his reluctance to prioritize student engagement. He is taking a very short term view and not looking at the potential for recurring revenue streams 20 years down the line from engaged and passionate alumni who are students now.

He just wants to build sustainable success. It is tough to drag your family out to watch lose every week no matter how fun the games were when you were in school.

I don’t know whether I should be bothered or impressed that none of these morons would ever actually be admitted to the University of Alabama.
Bama fans wear it as a point of pride that they didn't go to school there -- too easy for alums to be fans.

Chik-Fil-A promotion to the students seemed like it was a success. Long line to get the free food and that was the best weekday student section of the season, I think.

Saturday vs USC they're giving the students free chicken fingers from Raising Cane's. Should also do well.

This has got to become a regular thing as a promotion. It can't cost much. Heck, it may be easy to make it cost-free for CU if they roll these types of student promotions into the CEC advertising package for having your signage in the arena.

Doesn't invalidate your take at all. But hope they caught huge grief for this.

Back