What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU vs. UIC | Dec. 8th @ 4pm | PACN

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
BROADCAST: The game will be televised by the Pac-12 Networks with Drew Goodman and Ben Braun, while Mark Johnson and Scott Wilke will handle the KOA radio call.

The 6-1 Buffs, riding a four-game win streak, are averaging 85.3 points per game. The 4-5 Flames, coached by former Colorado assistant Steve McClain, are averaging 81.2 per game. Offense should not be in short supply — and it's why the game has CU coach Tad Boyle's undivided attention.

"They're extremely dangerous," Boyle said. "They have great guard play, they have bigs that are athletic. Explosive offensively, they shoot the 3, but they can also drive. They can really attack the rim. We've got our work cut out for us."
https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/12/7/mens-basketball-buffs-play-host-to-high-scoring-uic.aspx

image.png

Will be headed to biz holiday party I'm hosting. Cheer loud folks.
Same here, so I am looking forward to an event that offers way more entertainment value than a basketball game! Always intriguing to see which career gets torpedoed due to alcohol and judgment issues! Why, why, why do companies insist on these???
Will be at the game tomorrow against the squidetttes.

I love this PAC 12 broadcast! Featuring my new favorite football HFC ... and my all-time favorite HMBB coach (Ben Braun), who led my beloved EMU HURONS to the Sweet 16 in 1991 and beat Duke in the first round of the 1996 tourney.

These game threads are awful quiet lately ...

Kin is such a complete player, the likes of which we haven't had in a long time. So fun to watch him take over a game.

These game threads are awful quiet lately ...

Kin is such a complete player, the likes of which we haven't had in a long time. So fun to watch him take over a game.

And as good as he is he keeps getting better.

Opposing coaches in the PAC probably all wish that he would just grow a few inches and go pro instead of sticking around and proving that you don't have to be 6'4" to dominate games.

That was awful defensive basketball by our Buffs tonight. How many points did we give up on layups? 40? 50?

Didn't rebound all that well ether and didn't do a great job of taking care of the ball.

I'll acknowledge that the refs made it very hard for a team to get into any rhythm today and UIC does some things that will give a team some trouble. But I'm also about as frustrated after a win as I can get.

**** it.

7-1.

Let's go on the road and get that New Mexico win.

That was awful defensive basketball by our Buffs tonight. How many points did we give up on layups? 40? 50?

Didn't rebound all that well ether and didn't do a great job of taking care of the ball.

I'll acknowledge that the refs made it very hard for a team to get into any rhythm today and UIC does some things that will give a team some trouble. But I'm also about as frustrated after a win as I can get.

**** it.

7-1.

Let's go on the road and get that New Mexico win.
Yep. On the plus side, this is the best Buffs offensive team in years. There's skew talent there, and it needs to translate to consistent d.

UIC is really athletic. Number 1 is a really good player for them too. Weird game, felt like the buffs were up 15 the whole time, but it was closer than that. Nice win, on to the next one.

UIC shot like 60%. McKinley continues to struggle to find his game. He is definitely not happy with parts of his game and, IMO, is not playing as well as last year

This might be the best year to play such a crappy ooc. With a padded record, and the garbage PAC this year, we could win 30 games.

Although, Washington just lossed to Gonzaga at the buzzer.

Last edited:
We played like ass in many ways and never trailed or let them get within a possession in the 2d half. We aren't great, but we are good. This team is fun to watch

I love this team. They are developing a strong chemistry that will pay dividends down the road. McKinley is the type of win despite everything else guard that could/will carry the Buffs deep into the tourney. Inconsistent thus far, but he is a confident closer. Battey is impossible to route against. Big man, big heart, smooth J. Shane will be all PAC 12. Bey is a legit first rounder.

Do we lead the country in charges taken? We have been getting some pretty favorable treatment from the refs in that dept.

This is going to be a fun year...

This might be the best year to play such a crappy ooc. With a padded record, and the garbage PAC this year, we could win 30 games.

Although, Washington just lossed to Gonzaga at the buzzer.
I'm not sure that number is even possible based on the number of games scheduled this year.

Back