What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU vs. Washington | Jan 12th @8pm | ESPNU

Sure would be nice if they’d show a replay of Lucus’ “foul.” That was a killer.

Valiant 2nd half effort. But Lucas fouling the 3 pt shooter there might bury the buffs. It’s all about getting stops. Maybe that message will click? Hopefully.

Great progress by Schwartz tonight and against WSU. He was aggressive and is developing consistency on the offensive end.

A lot of positives in that second half, especially being short handed and having issues with the whistles. But the defensive effort was complete garbage in the first half and was too much to overcome.

So what do we think about next year? Nobody really coming in, so this is our group it seems. Do we see a tourney run with these kids? Can they improve enough?

Really wish we could have played some decent teams in the ooc, even though they would have been losses. We’d have done well to have that game experience.

So what do we think about next year? Nobody really coming in, so this is our group it seems. Do we see a tourney run with these kids? Can they improve enough?

Really wish we could have played some decent teams in the ooc, even though they would have been losses. We’d have done well to have that game experience.

If they keep up progressing like tonight when they don't have Kin on the field, I don't think tourney is out of question.

Shoulder. He was reaching up for a ball and had his arm bent back. Hope it isn’t separated. He was in a ton of pain.
Haven't seen it yet but what I'm imagining is what is called a 'slot machine' in water polo. If the offensive player is holding the ball it's legal and usually results in a torn rotator cuff. Hopefully I'm picturing the wrong course of events.

So for next year we lose Namon, maybe Deleon, and add Walton hopefully fully recovered, Dombek, Ryder and Luke O'Brien (red shirt him?). Anyone else? I would expect to see improvement from all the returning players, but especially the 3 freshmen. Kins remaining upside is a consitent 3 pt shot which we need. We should have a much improved inside game with three 6'10" guys and Battey, Bey, but really need more reliable, consistent 3 pt shooting to be really good.

I only saw a bit of the 2nd half, umm, you could tell Kin wasn't out there. The half-court O was ugly. Swartz played well, not much else. Hard to being in the foul trouble some were in. It's ok to attack a zone off the dribble fellas. That beats 2 dudes just passing it back and forth to each other on the perimeter jacking up crap because the shot clock is about to expire.

Oh yeah, forgot that about O'Brien.
A good zone makes a lot of offense look inept unless you have some inside out action with good perimeter shooting. We looked inept even when McKinley was in. But this from Tad may explain a lot about Kin quitnote being himself.
“A lot of people don’t know that McKinley hurt his shoulder after we came back from Christmas. He had an MRI and he’s been able to play through it but he reinjured it tonight, we don’t know how badly but we’ll get a better feel for that after we get into next week. I don’t know the answer to that right now but I do know that he has been playing at less than 100% and obviously we didn’t announce that to the world.”

“People need to understand how tough that kid is, when we went to Arizona we weren’t sure he was going to play and he ends up playing both games. He’s got the heart of a lion and that kid’s toughness will never be questioned. But in terms of the injury and what the prognosis is and what it means for the rest of the season, at this point we don’t know that.”

Oh yeah, forgot that about O'Brien.
A good zone makes a lot of offense look inept unless you have some inside out action with good perimeter shooting. We looked inept even when McKinley was in. But this from Tad may explain a lot about Kin quitnote being himself.
“A lot of people don’t know that McKinley hurt his shoulder after we came back from Christmas. He had an MRI and he’s been able to play through it but he reinjured it tonight, we don’t know how badly but we’ll get a better feel for that after we get into next week. I don’t know the answer to that right now but I do know that he has been playing at less than 100% and obviously we didn’t announce that to the world.”

“People need to understand how tough that kid is, when we went to Arizona we weren’t sure he was going to play and he ends up playing both games. He’s got the heart of a lion and that kid’s toughness will never be questioned. But in terms of the injury and what the prognosis is and what it means for the rest of the season, at this point we don’t know that.”

Guess I was right.

I have to ask ... WTF is wrong with Kin so far this year? Turnovers, inaccurate and/or ill-advised passes, missed layups etc. etc.?

Is he hurt? Girlfriend problems? Been reading his press clippings a bit too much? Seriously .... his head doesn't seem to be in the game at all this year.

True but only one out of three. As far as we know.

It just seemed to me that something was wrong with Kin. And since there was no report of injury, I speculated. I just hope he can come back from this and not miss too much, or possibly all, of the rest of the season.

It just seemed to me that something was wrong with Kin. And since there was no report of injury, I speculated. I just hope he can come back from this and not miss too much, or possibly all, of the rest of the season.
Don’t hurt your shoulder patting yourself on your back

ugh. he gonna need surgery unless rehab is super successful. Plus, his style of play isn't easy on the body.

So what is it about CU basketball and injuries? Is it in line with other college programs? More less equal?

So what is it about CU basketball and injuries? Is it in line with other college programs? More less equal?
If the Buffs have a key player like Dinwiddie, Josh Scott, Derrick White, or McKinsey, it’s a disaster if they go down with injury. Could be true for any team, but it seems the drop off in talent going with the backup is more severe for us than for many teams.

Back