What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB not done? Nub transfer Michael Jacobson to visit (Iowa State)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member

CLM5e0tUEAA3w4D.jpg

Played HS ball at Waukee HS (IA) & AAU for MoKan.
6'9 236lb PF (3 years to play 2 & would have to redshirt in 2017-18)
3* on Rivals, ESPN & 247sports; 2* on Scout

ESPN soph stats: 24.0 minutes, 6.0 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 0.9 blocks, 0.7 steals

KenPom soph "4 factors": 39.1 eFG%, 12.3 TORate, 12.0 OR%, 30.7 FTRate
(In short, he's a banger who doesn't give you much offense but does all the dirty stuff)

XWZWUUSXGNVXPLW.20161004215637.jpg

I like that Strating's scholarship is potentially available. No offense to the kid but he didn't have any other legit offers and his parents seem to be able to afford it.

Jacobson has some value. Offensive rebounds appear to be his best skill (top 5 in B1G in offensive rebound percentage). Career 4.8 Box plus/minus which means he's been worth 4.8 more points per 100 possessions than an average player. Career .102 win shares per 40 minutes in B1G play. He's been better than Tory Miller by both of those value metrics.

Hard nosed big. Plays tough. Rebounds well. You won't win with a team full of him, but he is a guy you can use. Good teammate from what I heard.

Hard nosed big. Plays tough. Rebounds well. You won't win with a team full of him, but he is a guy you can use. Good teammate from what I heard.
Most of what I was reading tonight referenced him being a team leader and was also all academic Big Ten. Seems like a solid guy for the locker room, for sure.

I don't know if I've ever watched a big man highlight tape without a dunk, but this man has it. Good enough for me.
Also, he's smart enough to realize that he should leave Nebraska ASAP

Most of what I was reading tonight referenced him being a team leader and was also all academic Big Ten. Seems like a solid guy for the locker room, for sure.

Recruited by Harvard, Brown and Princeton. Had a football scholarship offer from Iowa St. Played through a flu in a win against Purdue this year. Vomited throughout the game and had an IV at halftime. Yet he guarded Caleb Swanigan and arguably made the play of the game

High quality glue guy on/off court. Is he willing to sit out a year to be a role player? Is it worth spending a scholarship on a role player that has to sit out?

Recruited by Harvard, Brown and Princeton. Had a football scholarship offer from Iowa St. Played through a flu in a win against Purdue this year. Vomited throughout the game and had an IV at halftime. Yet he guarded Caleb Swanigan and arguably made the play of the game

High quality glue guy on/off court. Is he willing to sit out a year to be a role player? Is it worth spending a scholarship on a role player that has to sit out?

If he's better than Strating...yes.

I think this is a fantastic complement to the freshmen we have brought in. If we can pull this off and grab Jacobson, a proven banger from a power conference, what is this class missing? 6 players, 7 if you include Dallas Walton, that has a mix of height, athleticism, skill, and leadership. Jacobson brings the grit

Jacobson played for MOKAN in AAU. Seems that CU has a good relationship there, which would help a lot.

Dream school for him. ISU lost out on a bunch of guys before doing this deal.

Easy kid to like but putting a scholarship on the sidelines for a year should only be reserved for potential difference-makers.

Hope we save the spot for next cycle.

Back