What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Pac-12 Tournament 2015

1) UofA (15-2) (Stan)
2) Utah (13-4) (UW)
3) Oregon (13-5)
4) UCLA (11-7)
5) Stanford (9-8) (UofA)
6) ASU (8-9) (Cal)
7) OSU (8-10)
8) Cal (7-10) (ASU)
9) CU (7-10) (WSU)
10) WSU (6-11) (CU)
11) UW (4-13) (UU)
12) USC (5-13)

The top 4 seeds are locked in.

Highest CU could finish is 8th, if they win tomorrow and Cal loses. Lowest CU could finish is, 10th if they lose tomorrow. Losing the game puts the buffs in an overall better situation for the Pac-12 Tournament, however a win would put us at .500 and get the team back into the NIT conversation.

As the 8 seed we are pretty much guaranteed to play Cal.

As the 10, we are down to either ASU or OSU. Comes down to the Sun Devil game tomorrow against Cal, who they have already beaten this year. Likely outcome, OSU.

Last edited:
1) UofA (15-2) (Stan)
2) Utah (13-4) (UW)
3) Oregon (13-5)
4) UCLA (11-7)
5) Stanford (9-8) (UofA)
6) ASU (8-9) (Cal)
7) OSU (8-10)
8) Cal (7-10) (ASU)
9) CU (7-10) (WSU)
10) WSU (6-11) (CU)
11) UW (4-13) (UU)
12) USC (5-13)

The top 4 seeds are locked in.

Highest CU could finish is 8th, if they win tomorrow and Cal loses. Lowest CU could finish is, 10th if they lose tomorrow. Losing the game puts the buffs in an overall better situation for the Pac-12 Tournament, however a win would put us at .500 and get the team back into the NIT conversation.

As the 8 seed we are pretty much guaranteed to play Cal.

As the 10, I believe we are down to ASU or Stanford as the 7 seed. ASU has already beat Cal on the road, so assuming the home court advantage pushes the scum devils to the victory, CU would be playing Stanford in the first round.
Stanford can't finish lower than sixth. If ASU wins, they'll get 5th seed. In that case OSU will get the 7th.

Also just FYI,

the 8/9 game is at 12:00pm
the 7/10 game is at 6:00pm

Noon time slot is much more friendly for vegas activities.

As luck would have it, I have biz seminars in Vegas next week. It worked this way two years ago and I saw both CU games. The second game (vs Az) I scalped in and sat in the row behind the bench (with mostly player families, they act just like youth league parents, excited when son goes in the game, pissed when son returns to bench).
This year will either miss seminar (which I honestly don't like doing, these are good), or miss part of steak dinner.
But I won't complain.
Go Buffs

Brought this situation on ourselves with those home losses to Washington and Cal. Knew those would come back to bite us and here they are putting us in a horrible Pac12 tournament situation and very likely costing us an NIT bid. Instead of 14-15 (7-10) we'd be sitting 16-13 (9-8). Big difference

Overall record took a hit losing to CSU, Hawaii, and GWU which were very winnable which would have our overall record at 19-10(9-8). Probably on the bubble considering we'd have no bad losses and a better overall resume.

Overall record took a hit losing to CSU, Hawaii, and GWU which were very winnable which would have our overall record at 19-10(9-8). Probably on the bubble considering we'd have no bad losses and a better overall resume.

It's not quite logical to imagine all 'bad' losses could have been avoided and them state there would have been no bad losses...but true, they were winnable and things would be different.

B_itmZzU8AEp7oA.png:large

Gotta at least beat Oregon State. Sure glad to have Oregon instead of Utah as our quarterfinal opponent

Teams have historically done better against Oregon State in their second game. You could see this was evident with how much better the buffs played Oregon State in the second half. It sets up to make a run. We can dominate inside against Oregon. Not saying we are going to win, but a much better matchup than Utah. Utah is starting to fall apart a little bit. Wouldn't have to play Arizona until the championship game. One can dream right?

Teams have historically done better against Oregon State in their second game. You could see this was evident with how much better the buffs played Oregon State in the second half. It sets up to make a run. We can dominate inside against Oregon. Not saying we are going to win, but a much better matchup than Utah. Utah is starting to fall apart a little bit. Wouldn't have to play Arizona until the championship game. One can dream right?

The path is undoubtedly far more favorable. Just wish it wasn't in 14-16 circumstances that we stumbled into a decent route

I dont want to be that sunshine pumper, but Stanford could easily drop this one, setting up a washington-utah rematch. If washington proves it wasnt a fluke and utah is withering a bit, much of the dirty work (on our side of the bracket) can be taken care of by someone else.

Im not saying they'll pull a 2012 (not enough leadership/seniors, I dont think), but they are talented enough to make this **** interesting.

I dont want to be that sunshine pumper, but Stanford could easily drop this one, setting up a washington-utah rematch. If washington proves it wasnt a fluke and utah is withering a bit, much of the dirty work (on our side of the bracket) can be taken care of by someone else.

Im not saying they'll pull a 2012 (not enough leadership/seniors, I dont think), but they are talented enough to make this **** interesting.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Utah was just REALLY hungover from the Arizona loss. Now that they're in a situation where a chance at revenge on Arizona is on the table, I think they'll be back firing on all cylinders.

First things first: OSU has lost 6/7 (we are their only win in over a month). Really need to beat these guys. Fantastic job by Tinkle, but they've run out of steam. If we get to 60, we very likely win.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Utah was just REALLY hungover from the Arizona loss. Now that they're in a situation where a chance at revenge on Arizona is on the table, I think they'll be back firing on all cylinders.

First things first: OSU has lost 6/7 (we are their only win in over a month). Really need to beat these guys. Fantastic job by Tinkle, but they've run out of steam. If we get to 60, we very likely win.

Cautiously optimistic we can pull this out. Josh is looking like the player we expected to see this year again. If they take the next few days of practice seriously, maybe they can pull it out. Would be nice since the Ducks are a much better matchup than Utah would have been.

Wish I could, God I hope we pull a damn miracle. Be a nice way to cap off a disappointing season. Never know, Georgia did it a few years back when that tornado hit. They played like 3 games in 2 days, think twice in one. They made the tourney. Scott looks healthy and maybe Ski will go nuts. We shall see. As long as we don't have to play defense or run too many inbounds plays, we might be ok lol.

Wish I could, God I hope we pull a damn miracle. Be a nice way to cap off a disappointing season. Never know, Georgia did it a few years back when that tornado hit. They played like 3 games in 2 days, think twice in one. They made the tourney. Scott looks healthy and maybe Ski will go nuts. We shall see. As long as we don't have to play defense or run too many inbounds plays, we might be ok lol.

If scott is closing in on 100% anything can happen. Need smart, aggressive, tournament Ski to be there in full force. Need XJ to play within himself. Need Dom to take another step in his development. Need Wes to be aggressive on both ends of the court. Lots of needs, but anything can happen come tournament time.

Back