What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker announcement article

We've run that experiment twice... even someone arguing that side has to concede that those two tries didn't work, and it is time try something different.

Disagree-FHCMM accomplished what he was brought here to do......get this program out of the dumpster that the Embree hire put it in. Two straight 5-7s after the Rise was clear enough proof that we had gone as far as we could with him in charge. A guy with this kind of pedigree hangs up on Mike Bohn, Rick George, or whoever 6 years ago. HCMT is the guy to take this thing to a whole different level.

Last edited:
Disagree-FHCMM accomplished what he was brought here to do......get this program out of the dumpster that the Embree hire put it in. Two straight 5-7s after the Rise was clear enough proof that we had gone as far as we could with him in charge. A guy with this kind of pedigree hangs up on Mike Bohn, Rick George, or whoever 6 years ago. HCMT is the guy to take this thing to a whole different level.
Wow, I agree with you on something!

Great job RG!!!

This hire feels good. Unlike the day Mike Mac was hired, which felt like Corky pt 2.

i don't think that's fair. i was happy when mm was hired. he was an experienced guy with a proven rebuild on his resume and we were a nuclear dumpster fire of suckitude. and, he built the foundation that is going to lead to greatness with Coach Tucker.

we won a division championship and 10 ****ing games with smoke and mirrors, desire, and a handful of great athletes. that's how ****ing awesome this place is. watch what can be done by a staff instituting an elite mindset instead of a rebuilding mindset.

the future is going to be awesome. i don't need no flying car. just bring me Buff greatness.

i don't think that's fair. i was happy when mm was hired. he was an experienced guy with a proven rebuild on his resume and we were a nuclear dumpster fire of suckitude. and, he built the foundation that is going to lead to greatness with Coach Tucker.

we won a division championship and 10 ****ing games with smoke and mirrors, desire, and a handful of great athletes. that's how ****ing awesome this place is. watch what can be done by a staff instituting an elite mindset instead of a rebuilding mindset.

the future is going to be awesome. i don't need no flying car. just bring me Buff greatness.
Yep. Hiring a Mel Tucker type would have been a disaster 6 years ago. Things are different now. We are now ready for this kind of coach.

Read this article:

From the man himself:

NICK SABAN - University of Alabama Head Coach (2007-present)
"I've known Mel for well over 20 years and he is one of the brightest coaches in our profession. I think he will do an outstanding job as the head coach of the Colorado Buffaloes. They are getting a guy with a great personality, who knows college football, works hard each and every day, and does it with a tremendous amount of enthusiasm and positive energy."

the tone and tenor of that press release is exactly ****ing spot-on what we wanted. there's no bull**** level setting or effort to manage expectations-- that is a full-on shot across the bow of anyone who thinks we don't want to compete for national championships.

i honestly don't give a **** who wrote it-- i've written tons of them. the key is that the message that the COLLECTIVE powers that be, including RG and Coach Tucker, want to convey is **** ALL YOU ALL. WE ARE COMING TO TAKE YOUR ****ING LUNCH MONEY AND FAT LITTLE GIRL FRIENDS.

and, my friends, that is exactly the message that we want to convey. this is no ****ing rebuild. we are going for it.

amen.
200.gif

Left to right

Mel, wife Jo-Ellyn (standing behind Coach), son Christian and son Joseph

Also... ****ing DiStephano was on that flight. Imagine being stuck on a plane with him for 3.5hrs...

I can't imagine being stuck anywhere near DiStiff.

Left to right

Mel, wife Jo-Ellyn (standing behind Coach), son Christian and son Joseph

Also... ****ing DiStephano was on that flight. Imagine being stuck on a plane with him for 3.5hrs...

Are we ever going to be rid of DiStephano? Can't stand that guy and he's like teflon.

I was just talking about how I felt when he took the job. He definitely grew on me, and we should be thankful for what he accomplished.

My favorite Buff of all time. His 94 season gets lost sometimes, but he had arguably the most dominant season of any Buff at any position. I don't remember the exact stat but I want to say he only had 2 passes completed on him the entire season. There's a reason he won the Thorpe.

I believe that was Deion Figures a few seasons before.

I know I’ll get skewered for this but ... I’m always amazed that people think that the quotes they read in press releases are actual words or ideas the person came up with themselves. 95% of that was someone in Plati’s world that came up with that. They likely ran it by Tucker and he might have added a few markups. But this stuff is highly orchestrated and not at all like sitting down with a subject and interviewing them.
Hey man I actually agree with you. I don’t like the deceit either. Like this obvious photoshop bullshittery in the tweet announcements showing Mel in CU gear. Come on guys..he’s not actually decked out.
7B9446B9-E777-4B41-805E-6EEA0E79D10E.jpeg

The two interviews that Marc Johnson did on FB with Mr. Tucker and RG were pretty interesting. Tucker didn't mince any words, was direct and to the point. It sounded like RG did lots of vetting in making his decision to hire Tucker. I was waiting for Johnson to ask RG who the two finalists were, but it never happened. Tucker did comment that back in the day when he played for Wisconsin, the Badgers came to play the Buffs, and he left Boulder on crutches.

Back