What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

Update from a friend this morning that knows Mel.

Said he spoke with Mel yesterday and no mention of any interview. My friend did say Mel unhappy with CU admin and the admission process. Said Mel when he took the job was promised by CU that admissions would take recruits that met NCAA minimums and said it was the only way to compete nationally. Friend says Mel has had to pass on some recruits because could not get admitted and feels CU is not honoring their word when he took the job. My friend said Mel has not responded to his texts this morning.
I was worried about this when we couldn’t get those cornerbacks in

I wouldnt say Michigan state is a lateral move, they were in the playoffs a few years ago and CU really hasn't been good for the better part of two decades.
MSU has been better than CU, but by your logic, CU was a top 10 team and in the playoff conversation a few years ago

Change your diaper.

What is it with you and being so anti-opinion? Is he not allowed to post how he feels about being a CU fan? Change your diaper? What kind of immature bull**** response is that? You should have listened to your mom when she said, don’t say anything at all.

FIFY.

I still believe that for pretty much any booster (and I include us here on allbuffs in that category), until certain regents are removed from office the most effective use of your CU donation dollars is funding election campaigns to replace certain regents.
Totally agree. Can we get a list of those regents who need to go?

IF he interviews, he might as well be gone. His credibility with recruits and fans is shot.

Unless he can leverage other school interest into larger salaries for assistants and force RG and the CU admin to honor their commitment when they hired him that they would accept any recruit that meets the NCAA qualifying.

What is it with you and being so anti-opinion? Is he not allowed to post how he feels about being a CU fan? Change your diaper? What kind of immature bull**** response is that? You should have listened to your mom when she said, don’t say anything at all.

Have another beer piss trough boy.

So glad i haven't paid for season tickets yet. What a poop show.

So is this a flirtatious Gundy situation for leverage, or a Graham "dream job" scenario?

I’m more and more thinking that this is MT fighting for CU football and to bring the program to an elite level. I think fans should support that. It’s the administration we should be pissed at. Not MT.

I'm less likely to lose my mind if this is the theory... so I'm going with it. Thanks for bring a positive perspective DBT.

I’m more and more thinking that this is MT fighting for CU football and to bring the program to an elite level. I think fans should support that. It’s the administration we should be pissed at. Not MT.

like the fadeout final scene in the sopranos, don't stop believing, dbt.

I remember hearing a lot of no excuses talk for being able to win from MT after he was hired. I’m seeing a lot of excuses for MT in this thread, legit or not. No doubt, CU admin isn’t a net positive, but at least from the behind the scenes talk, it sounds like excuses being made for not being able to win.

Frustratingly for CU fans, it’s hard to see anything positive to take away from this interview talk at this time of the year.

We heard you the 1st 2 times. Turn up your hearing aids, dude!

This isn’t turmoil. This is running a big money business.
Yes, but having a coach interview after his first year is unusual! Maybe, it is just a bargaining chip, as people are suggesting. Hard to know what is going on behind the scenes.

Update from a friend this morning that knows Mel.

Said he spoke with Mel yesterday and no mention of any interview. My friend did say Mel unhappy with CU admin and the admission process. Said Mel when he took the job was promised by CU that admissions would take recruits that met NCAA minimums and said it was the only way to compete nationally. Friend says Mel has had to pass on some recruits because could not get admitted and feels CU is not honoring their word when he took the job. My friend said Mel has not responded to his texts this morning.

This makes me so angry. For a number of reasons. But let me point out, that there is a certain admissions counselor named j kroll who also happens to be a regent.
1. In what healthy organization is a low level employee a member of the Board of Directors?
1. a. This means said low level employee wields great power over his boss the director of admissions, the deans, the chancellor, etc.
2. This admissions counselor/regent has been very public about not wanting to support the football program.

How can CU have a competitive recruiting outlook when an admissions counselor moonlights as a regent and doesn't like any emphasis on football?

If there is ANY future hope, this regent fits the perfect mold of his ilk of elected officials with sights set on other office. Let's encourage him to enter a race this November!

So, apparently Mel will be at the basketball game today and then will fly out to SF/Oakland for a booster function tonight.

(This per a poster on 247 who plans to attend the booster function and said he confirmed that Mel's coming to the hoops game. I broke a rule by posting this and let's not make a habit of it.)

So, apparently Mel will be at the basketball game today and then will fly out to SF/Oakland for a booster function tonight.

(This per a poster on 247 who plans to attend the booster function and said he confirmed that Mel's coming to the hoops game. I broke a rule by posting this and let's not make a habit of it.)
I saw that too.

Back