What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

giphy.gif

So, apparently Mel will be at the basketball game today and then will fly out to SF/Oakland for a booster function tonight.

(This per a poster on 247 who plans to attend the booster function and said he confirmed that Mel's coming to the hoops game. I broke a rule by posting this and let's not make a habit of it.)
I will allow it. Thanks!

Mel Tucker’s inside zone was released yesterday 2/7. Features Eric Bienemy fresh off the super bowl victory.

the dialogue about interviewing between the two is salient given the current drama. Tucker does ask EB about his perspective on the interviewing process. EB gives a good reply.

So, apparently Mel will be at the basketball game today and then will fly out to SF/Oakland for a booster function tonight.

(This per a poster on 247 who plans to attend the booster function and said he confirmed that Mel's coming to the hoops game. I broke a rule by posting this and let's not make a habit of it.)
so they flew from SD to Boulder today for an hour or 2 just to fly back to San Fran?

Cu is better off to pay Mel and give him a big boost to assistant salary. This is simple.
I guess, but that suggests we held back when we offered his contract and salary pool last year. It’s not like CU has a huge pool of money just in case a coach tries to leverage an interview for more money - it has to come from somewhere. Just pay him and his assistants more sounds great but is it realistic?

Funny: I had a dream last night where I was at a CU-Texas Tech game. At halftime, the CU side brought out these dancers that were from both CU and CSU (they were dressed in the weirdest ensembles my subconscious has come up with) and I was like...ok, that's weird, but I guess they are promoting Colorado. Then TTU does the same thing, but with some people from UT and I'm all like...that's not fair - why does UT have to be involved in everything?

TL;DR - my weird football-related fever dream was somehow preparing me for weird ass news today. Mel - think of your players!!!

Funny: I had a dream last night where I was at a CU-Texas Tech game. At halftime, the CU side brought out these dancers that were from both CU and CSU (they were dressed in the weirdest ensembles my subconscious has come up with) and I was like...ok, that's weird, but I guess they are promoting Colorado. Then TTU does the same thing, but with some people from UT and I'm all like...that's not fair - why does UT have to be involved in everything?

TL;DR - my weird football-related fever dream was somehow preparing me for weird ass news today. Mel - think of your players!!!
1581185810362.gif

Mel is slow playing this. Let Fickell interview. Tell MSU he won’t come unless they are dead serious. Otherwise, wish them well and hire Fickell.

The SCOOP website is strangely silent on anything MSU!

They are usually very solid in picking up on all things coaching, in advance. They did note the guy MSU picked to help with their search, Sugiyama, takes great pride on "NO LEAKS" from his his organization.

Back