What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

While I agree while those who have corrected me about CU's lack of PR common sense. Still, if there was a bet at a sports book on whether or not Mel Tucker is about to interview with Michigan St, I'd but withdrawing my entire 401k and jumping on that "yes" as fast as i could.
and you would be broke

Have a feeling CU people reached out to MSU people to evaluate how serious they were. If they were just going to balk at Mel’s buyout in the end, then it really makes no sense to interview.

So what did we offer him to stay? Lol

sorry, don’t buy nothing was going on last night/this morning.
In the end, it doesn’t really matter. It’s entirely likely that a lot of negotiations have taken place outside of the public view. I really don’t care. As somebody said - big boy football. We need to get used to this kind of drama. At the same time, I have a great deal of confidence in RG.

Now that we are able to relax, we should not lose the dialog about issues on which we as fans need to apply pressure as we can.

1. Regent support and the makeup of the BOR needs to be influenced through messaging and voting. We want to compete for championships. To do so, we need to invest in our program at the level of peers that are achieving what we aspire to. That includes assistant coach salaries in addition to the HC salary.

2. CU needs to be willing to give Coach Tucker full discretion to sign any recruit or transfer who meets the minimum admission standards. Unless there is a behavior issue like a sexual assault or sometihing, back off and let him do this thing.

Alright here’s a theory: MSU zeroed in on Fickell immediately but believed they needed to present the appearance of an actual search process. DAntonio (or someone friendly with MT in the MSU AD) reaches out to Tucker to ask if they could float his name as a candidate with the idea that it helps both parties. MSU gets the guy they really want and can sell to boosters and fans they looked at several options but landed their #1 guy. Tucker gets a nice little profile boost while not coincidentally out meeting with boosters and ultimately reaffirms his commitment to CU which makes everyone happy.

Yeah, that was the issue 🙄

You, Darth, and bread can all go rub your ego's together and talk about how perfect you are.

I’ll rub Mel’s head and make sure tell him to not fart around you, no sense in making you melt down again.

Some of the reactions were over the top. No biggie. Buff fans like Mel. It’s understandable. Next time, understand how the game is played. Tweets are mostly rumors, some are intentional leaks for the coach to leverage for a raise, some are trial balloons by the school to test reaction, sometimes it’s just total BS.

We have a good administrative staff with Rick and LC. As long as they’re around, CU will be competing.

So the very reasonable assumption is that MSU is interested, has reached out, would like Mel Tucker to interview, and Tucker is in the process of deciding whether he should take the interview.

Under that assumption, CU should not be making any comments at this time.
I think this is a reasonable take on how this played out. But it speaks to the arrogance of some programs (or maybe just fans of programs) that if they offer to interview another P5’s head coach that that person is automatically “scheduled” to interview. Who the **** does Michigan State think they are?

Back