What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

This thread is astounding. I can’t imagine what y’all will do when we have a winning season and other schools talk to Coach Tucker and his agent.
Just so we’re clear, I don’t think anyone is bothered that other schools have interest in coach Tucker, it was the reporting that he was “set to interview” that ruffled some feathers. Fortunately it never got that far but I do think there would be some upset fans had he actually taken the interview even if he ended up staying.

I felt alot better when Nik said that MT was gonna fly back to Boulder for the game today but was still thinking that Mel needs to come out with a statement to put this thing to bed and about an hour later we got exactly that.

Disaster averted, Go Buffs!!!

giphy.gif

This thread is astounding. I can’t imagine what y’all will do when we have a winning season and other schools talk to Coach Tucker and his agent.

Fans over react about everything all across the world, it’s nothing new. It wasn’t that another school had interest, it was the way it came about. 1 season after being hired, in February after signing day while doing a west coast tour to talk about the class and future of the Buffs? This was a weird scenario, who hires a coach in February? Plus, it took them what, 18 hours to say “that’s not true.”

Something happened, doubt we will ever know though.

Just so we’re clear, I don’t think anyone is bothered that other schools have interest in coach Tucker, it was the reporting that he was “set to interview” that ruffled some feathers. Fortunately it never got that far but I do think there would be some upset fans had he actually taken the interview even if he ended up staying.
Just so I’m clear: I think those upset about a reported interview were overreacting.

I think some of the angst makes sense in context. A coach potentially interviewing in February after one season on the job is not normal.

After a losing season too. Mel has all the potential in the world as an HC, but 5-7 in year 1 means not a squirt of piss in the bucket to steal the Schlereth-ism.

Just so I’m clear: I think those upset about a reported interview were overreacting.
I guess we’ll see. If this was a bogus story from the start then you’re probably right. If this is a sign MT already has a wandering eye for some reason and will be chasing other jobs every offseason then it’s probably not a long term relationship.

I guess we’ll see. If this was a bogus story from the start then you’re probably right. If this is a sign MT already has a wandering eye for some reason and will be chasing other jobs every offseason then it’s probably not a long term relationship.
It’s an overreaction to me because this goes along with the territory of big time football with desirable coaches. If we actually start winning, there will be overtures and meetings. It’s job of the AD to continually recruit/retain our best coaches.

People have to justify

Hold on tight, you are not going to enjoy the ride when the Buffs start winning if you are already so squeamish about having other programs want your coach.

It’s an overreaction to me because this goes along with the territory of big time football with desirable coaches. If we actually start winning, there will be overtures and meetings. It’s job of the AD to continually recruit/retain our best coaches.

RG and MT handled it like big time football pros. It looks like it will take some time for a few of the fans to catch up.

Back