What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

Lol, yeah, we heard from Leavitt when he was here and it caused a ton of distractions and is his inability to stay in his lane is mostly why he's unemployed right now. Of all the things you should be upset with Tucker about, this stuff is very low on the list.

Whoosh.

But the main point stands - It’s impossible to spell Mel without putting “me” first.

I listened to Denver sports radio for most of the day, and the ONLY guy who truly knew about Colorado football was James Merilat, who ordinarily irritates me(get off my lawn). Even Nicki, who is probably the best reporter in the market, said tucker signed 'about 20' guys on February 6.

I said I was going to take a break from CU football, but here I am, back again like a battered wife, knowing CU football will kick me in the dick again, probably soon.

giphy.gif

Well we prematurely believed a coach would do the right thing. Silly us. Even by the standards of today this is a really cheap shot wrapped in outright treachery and deceit. What kind of a sociopath lies to everyone around him with such a straight face?

shame on tucker. He mislead a bunch of kids who trusted him. He mislead their families. And he out right lied to fans, boosters, and coworkers. Repeatedly.

it is dishonorable and it will stain whatever career he has. Forever.

going to be interesting looking a new set of recruits in the eye and asking them for trust— he’s shown who he is.

karma has a magic way of dealing with these things.

We are Sisyphus. Existence is struggle.
We are the FROG and T(f)ucker was the SCORPION, and the Scorpion is always a Scorpion and must sting.
We just started to cross the river and he stung us, but instead of dying with us, he jumped on a white jet to the ****hole that is East Lansing!
Good Bye Scorpion, we will come back to life without you

Well we prematurely believed a coach would do the right thing. Silly us. Even by the standards of today this is a really cheap shot wrapped in outright treachery and deceit. What kind of a sociopath lies to everyone around him with such a straight face?

shame on tucker. He mislead a bunch of kids who trusted him. He mislead their families. And he out right lied to fans, boosters, and coworkers. Repeatedly.

it is dishonorable and it will stain whatever career he has. Forever.

going to be interesting looking a new set of recruits in the eye and asking them for trust— he’s shown who he is.

karma has a magic way of dealing with these things.
He's definitely given some opposing coaches a cudgel to use against him on the recruiting trail.

Sources told ESPN that Tucker went to the Colorado facility Wednesday morning and wanted to address the team before departing for Michigan State but was informed he could not do so. Athletic director Rick George said at a news conference Wednesday that Tucker did not address the team before resigning.

He handled this whole thing very poorly, but I don't blame anyone for going anywhere if they DOUBLE your salary. We'd all do it ... don't kid yourself. Plus MSU isn't anything close to the rebuild CU is in the middle of.

BUT ... I absolutely love the fact that they barred his ass from talking to the team. I'd like to think it went something like this from RG: "sorry, mother****er, you said all you need to say to these kids ... pack your **** and get the **** out."

Sources told ESPN that Tucker went to the Colorado facility Wednesday morning and wanted to address the team before departing for Michigan State but was informed he could not do so. Athletic director Rick George said at a news conference Wednesday that Tucker did not address the team before resigning.

He handled this whole thing very poorly, but I don't blame anyone for going anywhere if they DOUBLE your salary. We'd all do it ... don't kid yourself. Plus MSU isn't anything close to the rebuild in the middle of.

BUT ... I absolutely love the fact that they barred his ass from talking to the team. I'd like to think it went something like this from RG: "sorry, mother****er, you said all you need to say to these kids ... pack your **** and get the **** out."
No we all wouldn’t, especially when your job is teaching kids.

On the phone, can't read the thread.
He definitely knew he was going to leave before the radio shows yesterday. He showed up to adresss the players this morning. RG wouldn't let him and told him to leave. Way to be, RG

He handled this whole thing very poorly, but I don't blame anyone for going anywhere if they DOUBLE your salary. We'd all do it ... don't kid yourself. Plus MSU isn't anything close to the rebuild CU is in the middle of.

Awesome. The only way that gets better is if when Tucker turned to leave, RG gave him a wedgie.

Doing well. I never expected him to stay. I predicted MSU would come back hard. They did. He left. I would have too. Onward.

Critical time for CU, and the P12. The rebuke is stunning.

The Pac 12 is the ACC, with Oregon being Clemson Lite.

Heh.

The negative recruiting that he will face from this day forward will be freakish and brutal. Every single coach that’s recruiting against him will show him the tweets, the interviews, the public statements about staying at CU and then ask whether the player can trust a single word that comes out of Ticker’s mouth.

Can’t believe people, including Jay Bilas, are throwing around the legal claim of tortious interference with contract. To have that, you have to have a breach of contract. There is no breach of contract if CU gets its $3 million buyout. Forget it.

To the "We would all do it" crowd:
90-95% would change jobs to double their salary.
50-60% would do above if it meant moving from CO to East Lansing, Michigan
20-30% would do above if it meant letting down 25-50 kids for which you made promises to them and their families.
<5% would parade around on public radio telling lies knowing they had one foot out the door.

He's in the bottom 5%. Not a good day when you do something you will have to apologize for to your grave.

I am shocked but I have no anger towards Mel Tucker. Just like an employer can fire you for any reason, an employee should have the right to work any where he or she wants to work.

Good luck to him, wish him the best.

We need to move forward and find a replacement.
you wouldn't, would you you ****ing Martian

Last edited:
RG said all the right things and is truly a great leader. However, you could just tell he is sick to his stomach and pissed by all means.

If CU truly has that kind of coin to dish out, then they will find a good replacement.

Wonder if they name Kap or Chev the interim coach?

This is what class looks like. Mad respect for RG today. He protected and projected a CU I am proud of.

Back