What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

To the "We would all do it" crowd:
90-95% would change jobs to double their salary.
50-60% would do above if it meant moving from CO to East Lansing, Michigan
20-30% would do above if it meant letting down 25-50 kids for which you made promises to them and their families.
<5% would parade around on public radio telling lies knowing they had one foot out the door.

He's in the bottom 5%. Not a good day when you do something you will have to apologize for to your grave.
You are dead wrong. He got a greater than state lottery money level personal raise and a top 7 AC budget.

To the "We would all do it" crowd:
90-95% would change jobs to double their salary.
50-60% would do above if it meant moving from CO to East Lansing, Michigan
20-30% would do above if it meant letting down 25-50 kids for which you made promises to them and their families.
<5% would parade around on public radio telling lies knowing they had one foot out the door.

He's in the bottom 5%. Not a good day when you do something you will have to apologize for to your grave.
You are bad at predicting. 😎🤣

A couple things that provide a small silver lining to this **** sandwich we’ve been fed:

Tucker is getting barbecued in the national media.
MSU is similarly getting roasted. They’re coming across as desperate and downright stupid for throwing absurd money at a guy with one year HC experience and a losing record.
We (meaning CU) are getting some sympathetic press as a result.
Naming Chev as interim quickly should provide the stabilization that we will need to conduct a nationwide search.
The press we are getting might help out us in the conversation with some guys we might not ordinarily have access to.

Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst. It’s what we do. We are Buffs.

We are Sisyphus. Existence is struggle.
Well put.

Camus described that moment where Sisyphus got the rock to the top of the hill, only to see it roll back down to the bottom. As he turned to go back down, committed to doing it all over again, for a brief moment he transcends his condition. The power of the choice to fight on being greater than the weight of the struggle still to come.

Or maybe he was just tried of being pissed off (and on) all the time.

Well we prematurely believed a coach would do the right thing. Silly us. Even by the standards of today this is a really cheap shot wrapped in outright treachery and deceit. What kind of a sociopath lies to everyone around him with such a straight face?

shame on tucker. He mislead a bunch of kids who trusted him. He mislead their families. And he out right lied to fans, boosters, and coworkers. Repeatedly.

it is dishonorable and it will stain whatever career he has. Forever.

going to be interesting looking a new set of recruits in the eye and asking them for trust— he’s shown who he is.

karma has a magic way of dealing with these things.
There must have been a food cart at one of those venues.

Really proud to hear about our AD today. I‘m actually glad we get to have a new coach. I didn’t quite understand the hype over Tucker. I wanted him to succeed and wanted to believe the hype because I bleed black and gold. He was supposed to be a defensive genius, but look at some of the articles about his time as DC of the Chicago Bears. They couldnt wait to get rid of him. i realize our D had problems last year, but I never had confidence watching our D andunder him, weren’t our D stats near the bottom of the NCAA? I think we’re lucky that MSU was stupid to pay so much $$ for a coach who was 5-7 and didn’t even meet the goal of getting to a bowl game. I think it’s good he is getting more $$ for assistsnt coaches at MSU cause maybe he realizes he needs a lot more help to be successful at coaching and defense???

So I used to work for a Michigan based company. While most were Michigan fans, I get a text from one guy who is an MSU fan.
He writes: "We stole your coach, he better do good **** at MSU". I responded "You are guaranteed 5-7 for years to come. Be very careful when he uses the hashtags #integrity #relentless #committed"
I'm not too sure their fan base is so blown away by this turn of events either.

A couple things that provide a small silver lining to this **** sandwich we’ve been fed:

Tucker is getting barbecued in the national media.
MSU is similarly getting roasted. They’re coming across as desperate and downright stupid for throwing absurd money at a guy with one year HC experience and a losing record.
We (meaning CU) are getting some sympathetic press as a result.
Naming Chev as interim quickly should provide the stabilization that we will need to conduct a nationwide search.
The press we are getting might help out us in the conversation with some guys we might not ordinarily have access to.

Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst. It’s what we do. We are Buffs.

One other awesome thing is any sports radio station in the area has been talking buffs all day long.

I'm reading too much into this, but he doesn't seem at all comfortable up there. He looks really nervous and I wonder if he isn't surprised by the backlash

If he wins, nobody will care.
If he doesn't, he'll relentlessly be reminded about his high salary and the way he dumped CU like it's a cheap whore.

Like it or not, but I believe that's the truth.

I would suggest everyone listen to the audible from today. Apparently Michigan state offered him the job Monday and he declined, then they came back Monday night with that outrageous offer and he just couldn’t say no. ****ty man, wish we didn’t have that huge buyout to mac that hamstrung the coaching salaries last offseason.

Ugh. Most of my wife's family are Michigan State alums and her grandfather was a professor there for 31 years, including dean of students and faculty athletics representative for 20 years (in addition to serving as NCAA president for a couple years in the 70s). Her family bleeds Sparty green. To her credit, she hasn't mentioned this all day, but I can't ****ing talk to her right now without sounding like total dick. LOL

If he wins, nobody will care.
If he doesn't, he'll relentlessly be reminded about his high salary and the way he dumped CU like it's a cheap whore.

Like it or not, but I believe that's the truth.

Yep. What happens when he loses to his rivals but pulls minor bowls? I guess he cashes his checks and gets fired in 5 or 6 years. That seems to be the most likely outcome.

Back