What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

RG definitely has two black marks with MM and Tucker’s contracts.
Even if Tucker doesn’t leave the fact that he is barely 1 year in and his buyout is only $3mil is absurdity

Agreed but it should come from fans and people outside of the sphere of CU (or wherever the coach works) not from some guy who's supposed to go to press conferences for CU and interact with players/coaches.

The media should never just roll over for college coaches. They go unchallenged way too often.

I guess there is always Chev.

He isn’t ready. But if MT leaves I don’t know what you do with spring ball around the corner? Really sweeten the assistant pool pot to keep as much of the staff as you can and hope that mitigates his inexperience?

He isn’t ready. But if MT leaves I don’t know what you do with spring ball around the corner? Really sweeten the assistant pool pot to keep as much of the staff as you can and hope that mitigates his inexperience?

That $3m buyout check helps a bit. I wonder if EB would be open to coming back as head coach if Mel goes? Can't seem to think of any other "Oooh I gotta have (insert name of hot G5 coach/P5 Coordinator here)"

At this time, there is no mention of MT leaving on eeee s pee in, Rivals, 247, etc; So maybe this is all a bunch of BS

imo. if he even visits there, it is a huge betrayal of his players and recruits and makes his talk of building a program total BS. I don't think he goes.

sports are almost totally about money these days, and it sucks. ironically the high cable bills feed this fire. we pay to watch our sports and the money ends up destroying them. just wait till they start paying the kids.

That $3m buyout check helps a bit. I wonder if EB would be open to coming back as head coach if Mel goes? Can't seem to think of any other "Oooh I gotta have (insert name of hot G5 coach/P5 Coordinator here)"

A little patience is warranted here. Let’s not try to create a hot board for a new coach based on a single tweet picked up by other media.

FWIW, which is 'not much'

9642631.jpg

The only thing worse than having a coach get offers from other programs is having a coach that gets no offers from other programs.

Yeah but, The only thing worse than having a coach get offers from other programs is having a coach that gets offers from other programs days after? Same day of NSD? While he’s running around doing events for the class and supposedly interviewing. This is all very weird to me and with everything he says and preaches, it just doesn’t jive. Maybe he’s not as sincere and honest as we all hoped.

Last edited:
Yeah but, The only thing worse than having a coach get offers from other programs is having a coach that gets offers from other programs days day after? Same day of NSD? Whike he’s running around doing events for the class and supposedly interviewing. This is all very weird to me and with everything he says and preaches, it just doesn’t jive. Maybe he’s not as sincere and honest as we all hoped.

There is a high percentage chance the report isn’t true. If true, there is a high percentage chance he’s leveraging for a raise to market pay rate. I personally think it’s a low percentage chance he leaves. In the unlikely event he does, Rick and Lance will find someone good.

And if he does leave, Buff fans ire should be focused entirely on the Pac 12, not Mel Tucker. The league isn’t competitive financially. That needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. I think this is a reflection of the big ten v. the pac, not MSU v. CU.

My thoughts exactly. I think this is a reflection of the big ten v. the pac, not MSU v. CU.

If he does leave I would wait till the numbers come in. If it was like 4M than that is BS because the Pac can and does pay that. We are not talking Dabo money here.

Things we know:

1) A reporter in the area posted a story at 7 PM pacific that Tucker was interviewing.
2) Other reporters have confirmed this.
3) Other reporters have suggested he's option B and Fickell is option A;
4) Tucker has now had 13 hours to deny it, and has not.
5) Tucker is 5-7.
6) There's a big basketball game today.

He's interviewing. Roll Tad.

Some on Michigan state’s 247 board are saying Fickell already has a deal done

This will cause irreparable damage to the program whether “it’s just posturing” or not. How can current players and future recruits trust he won’t bolt at any moment? Obviously, this isn’t where he wants to be even short term if he’s got an eye elsewhere so soon. Despite the few social media posts to the contrary, I guarantee behind closed doors players are shook.

This will cause irreparable damage to the program whether “it’s just posturing” or not. How can current players and future recruits trust he won’t bolt at any moment? Obviously, this isn’t where he wants to be even short term if he’s got an eye elsewhere so soon. Despite the few social media posts to the contrary, I guarantee behind closed doors players are shook.
Coaches interview elsewhere all the time

Relax. If he stays, no harm done. If he leaves, you have to take a deep look at why he left or why he could leave (RG would be someone in my crosshairs)

Back