What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

Relax. If he stays, no harm done. If he leaves, you have to take a deep look at why he left or why he could leave (RG would be someone in my crosshairs)
I’m surprised by the RG take! I really could not envision any AD doing more with less! That whole staff is so tight and so committed. RG takes All the shrapnel from the administration. He really is a great leader

I’m surprised by the RG take! I really could not envision any AD doing more with less! That whole staff is so tight and so committed. RG takes All the shrapnel from the administration. He really is a great leader
If Tucker's buyout is only really 3 million, who else do you blame? Who else do you blame for MM's buyout language being awful?

This makes me question sending in my renewal, although that affects more than just the coach. I know this **** happens but the timing and everything he has said really changes my opinion of him. I’ve lost a lot respect for him too for even interviewing, after 1 year? Unreal.

I doubt that. It would make sense for Tucker to have a larger buyout so he is more protected.

He does. The contract stipulates two different buyouts. One for the school if CU should decide to move on from him, which is north of $10M and decreases over time. This protects Tucker.

The other buyout, is for Tucker if he wants to leave. Most that I’ve seen are under $5M for that side and it’s generally the same until the contract is over. You want a $10M buyout for Tucker then you’ve probably gotta give him more than $2.6M a year if you expect him to be handcuffed to your school.

This makes me question sending in my renewal, although that affects more than just the coach. I know this **** happens but the timing and everything he has said really changes my opinion of him. I’ve lost a lot respect for him too for even interviewing, after 1 year? Unreal.
I have the same sentiment. I can only wonder what's going on in the heads of players he has recruited up to this point.

I love how every fan base east of us thinks they’re a top-10 all-time program. MSU hasn’t won a national title in the last 50+ years, Colorado has more all-time wins, far more conference championships, and more Heisman winners too. Plan B or whatever, if he does interview, CU needs to move on. As much as I loved this guy from the beginning, you can’t have the leader of your program so egregiously sticking one foot out the door. We’re not in the ****ing MWC or MAC, FFS.

I’m scared to think which, if any of the current recruits in the last 2 cycles are going to hit the transfer portal. Many came here because of him and he’s turning his back on them right now. Regardless of the outcome, this is total bull**** on his part.

If this is true, I believe it changes the credibility of Coach Tucker with some fans (me being one of them). If he is just going to be a guy that is looking for the next job then why should I be all in on the guy. I understand the realities of the world and college football, but MSU is not a job of a lifetime. It is probably pretty comparable to CU With less upside potential - Saben left because he was tired of being second to Michigan in his own state.

Just interviewing for the job is going to harm what Tucker is supposedly trying to accomplish at CU. Building support for someone with a foot out the door is not always easy. I hope this is wrong but does not seem to be with no comment from Tucker of CU.

No comprendo why MSU would even target a 1st year HC who went 5-7 (same as the year prior), with a middling recruiting class. If Tucker gets the job I'm blaming the shorts.......damn you ****ing shorts!

Reactions: dio
Even the fact that he's interviewing is going to hit us hard on the recruiting trail. Everyone else is going to tell kids that MT is just short term and isn't going to be here for the next 4 years. MT isn't stupid, he knows this. I don't see him staying long no matter if it's MSU or someone else.

Back