What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

Well . . . . they've 'officially' moved out: (I wonder if it was moving vans in the dark of night like the Baltimore Colts to Indy?!?!)

EVENTPRICE
7/9/2020Sold$2,800,000 (-1.8%)Date: 7/9/2020, Event: Sold, Price: $2,800,000 (-1.8%)
Source: Agent Provided
6/19/2020Pending sale$2,850,000Date: 6/19/2020, Event: Pending sale, Price: $2,850,000 (0%)
Source: WK Real Estate
6/10/2020Price change$2,850,000 (-5%)Date: 6/10/2020, Event: Price change, Price: $2,850,000 (-5%)
4/29/2020Listed for sale$3,000,000 (+9.1%)Date: 4/29/2020, Event: Listed for sale, Price: $3,000,000 (+9.1%)
3/27/2019Sold$2,750,000 (-5.2%)Date: 3/27/2019, Event: Sold, Price: $2,750,000 (-5.2%)
Source: Public Record
Wonder if the agent was #Relentless?

Mel Tuckers character

Deandre Baker, Tuckers most recent NFL success is on Commissioners Exempt list with multiple charges and was big trouble his rookie year, following red flags out of college!

Tucker obviously could not coach character since he himself has none and is a win at all cost kind of man
Character is not something that's taught. Character is a choice.

Really? I think it’s pretty dope

Yes, terrible. The exterior of the home has way too many competing roof lines. I particularly dislike a double gabled roof, which is a favorite of builders that specialize in McMansions. The windows all compete with each other in both style and size. The entire front of the home is unbalanced, heavily weighted to the left, leaving a sad garage to carry the right side. Really poor symmetry overall.

The interior of the house is cavernous, lacking any charm. There are few reasons to ever have a “bar” in a house, but you can get away with one in a dedicated game room space, but never in the main living room, as is the case with this house.

The built-in desk in the dining/kitchen area is one of those bad ideas left over from the early 1990s.

All of the fireplaces randomly change from one architectural style to another, without any reason. At times, the home has a Colorado mountain style, the range hood in the kitchen appears more French country, at least one of the other fireplaces is Italianate. It’s all over the map.

I’m not a fan of the theater room in general, but if you’re going to have one, please don’t go with the awful stadium seating. And don’t try to make it look like an actual AMC theater with bad stage curtains.

The office with coffered ceilings and the sauna, however, were fine. The wine cellar is ok, I guess, but only if you have a real collection and know something about fine wines.

The house is big, but alas, charmless.

Last edited:
Yes, terrible. The exterior of the home has way too many competing roof lines. I particularly dislike a double gabled roof, which is a favorite of builders that specialize in McMansions. The windows all compete with each other in both style and size. The entire front of the home is unbalanced, heavily weighted to the left, leaving a sad garage to carry the right side. Really poor symmetry overall.

The interior of the house is cavernous, lacking any charm. There are few reasons to ever have a “bar” in a house, but you can get away with one in a dedicated game room space, but never in the main living room, as is the case with this house.

The built-in desk in the dining/kitchen area is one of those bad ideas left over from the early 1990s.

All of the fireplaces randomly change from one architectural style to another, without any reason. At times, the home has a Colorado mountain style, the range hood in the kitchen appears more French country, at least one of the other fireplaces is Italianate. It’s all over the map.

I’m not a fan of the theater room in general, but if you’re going to have one, please don’t go with the awful stadium seating. And don’t try to make it look like an actual AMC theater with bad stage curtains.

The office with coffered ceilings and the sauna, however, were fine. The wine cellar is ok, I guess, but only if you have a real collection and know something about fine wines.

The house is big, but alas, charmless.
giphy.gif

Tara Reid looked good back in the 90's. Fellas, her ass fell off somewhere. Maybe she went Vegan or became a meth head? For real, she looked bad.

:ROFLMAO: We hate the one that we have. We're painting our cabinets and adding new countertops. We explored options to get rid of that damn thing but couldn't figure out anything that would work.

I agree that house is hideous. It makes me nervous about our color choices though. We are doing mostly blue cabinets, but some will be painted "lamp room gray." I hate the color of the cabinets in Mel's old house. But I'm wondering if it's the all the other sh*t that's going on that makes them look so bad. They also look like they have a bit of brown in them. The color we chose does not.

:ROFLMAO: We hate the one that we have. We're painting our cabinets and adding new countertops. We explored options to get rid of that damn thing but couldn't figure out anything that would work.

I agree that house is hideous. It makes me nervous about our color choices though. We are doing mostly blue cabinets, but some will be painted "lamp room gray." I hate the color of the cabinets in Mel's old house. But I'm wondering if it's the all the other sh*t that's going on that makes them look so bad. They also look like they have a bit of brown in them. The color we chose does not.

Both blue and gray cabinets can work fine, but you really should submit your plans to the Allbuffs Architectural Review Board before commencing any work.

Both blue and gray cabinets can work fine, but you really should submit your plans to the Allbuffs Architectural Review Board before commencing any work.
Our kitchen has a ton of cabinets. And they are the exact same ugly ass color of the wood trim in Mel's old house. I don't understand why they painted the cabinets and left the islands that hideous color. And our walls are not white either. They are light gray, about two shades lighter than the gray we are using on the cabinets.

In any event, we felt painting some uppers gray would break up the locker room feel. And the blue is a dark blue. The island cabinetry will be dark blue. We thought all blue might make the kitchen too dark. Although the counters will be white with some bluish veining. But my wife has been driving this. I didn't want to spend the money. I had a major attitude about it at first, until she decided she was going to do it whether I agreed to it or not.

Damn. You just never know what type of rabbit hole awaits when you innocently peruse an AllBuffs thread. I read every word of those McMansion links. Every word!

Kudos to Creebuzz, though. I'd rather own a small, elegant home than a soulless homage to square footage. Maybe someday you can design me Usonian inspired retirement home.

Our kitchen has a ton of cabinets. And they are the exact same ugly ass color of the wood trim in Mel's old house. I don't understand why they painted the cabinets and left the islands that hideous color. And our walls are not white either. They are light gray, about two shades lighter than the gray we are using on the cabinets.

In any event, we felt painting some uppers gray would break up the locker room feel. And the blue is a dark blue. The island cabinetry will be dark blue. We thought all blue might make the kitchen too dark. Although the counters will be white with some bluish veining. But my wife has been driving this. I didn't want to spend the money. I had a major attitude about it at first, until she decided she was going to do it whether I agreed to it or not.

Rip out the cabinets. You only use them to store your simple syrup bottles anyway.

My parents had liquor cabinets. Apparently, for my dad, every cabinet was a liquor cabinet. He had stashes in every one of them, it seemed. The vodka cabinet. The bourbon cabinet. The gin cabinet.....etc.

You post a lot of **** that no one cares about.

Back