What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

The assholes that my wife hired demoed the kitchen last Tuesday. On Wednesday, the cabinet guy came in and did his thing to build the support for the sink. On Thursday, the assholes told us the slabs they obtained were not usable because they only looked at the slab on top (which was good) and not the two underneath (which were totally damaged) and they had no other stock. Today, the assholes told us they would be back on Tuesday. 14 f*cking days since they demoed the kitchen. I've been washing dishes like a troll in the laundry room.

The assholes that my wife hired demoed the kitchen last Tuesday. On Wednesday, the cabinet guy came in and did his thing to build the support for the sink. On Thursday, the assholes told us the slabs they obtained were not usable because they only looked at the slab on top (which was good) and not the two underneath (which were totally damaged) and they had no other stock. Today, the assholes told us they would be back on Tuesday. 14 f*cking days since they demoed the kitchen. I've been washing dishes like a troll in the laundry room.

To get this thread back on point because you fools hijacked it-Mel Tucker is a schmuck. Michigan State sucks.

Lolz. Try 2 - 3 months.

$6500 to put in new boxes for the drawers, soft close on all drawers, and cabinets, and painting. There are a few other areas not in the picture that are being painted. The ugly build-in desk being one of them. Also ripping out the cabinets above the build-in desk and placing floating shelves

We changed the appliances to stainless about a year ago. The entire right side will be dark blue. Island will be dark blue. Uppers straight ahead and on let will be gray.

I want to change the footprint, but it’s a much bigger and expensive project. And I also wanted to wait another 7-8 years for when our kids are old enough they won’t trash it.

I lost. Wife couldn’t stand our ugly cabinets and countertops (tho it does look much better with the stainless appliances). I’ll be happy if I can get 7-8 years out of the painted cabinets without them looking like complete sh*t.

View attachment 38532

It looks better, right?

90FC770C-3FA6-4D5D-AF8C-260A5E230251.jpeg

I used to be upset about Mel Tucker leaving. i am no longer upset. Big money has changed college sports. There is no more loyalty n sports. HE too would have had a #fire Mel thread. It will take time to rebuild the CU program. MSU was a better option for him. So he bolted.

I think he would do well at LSU. He turned Mich St. around pretty quick. I did look back at his recruits here, and it’s early, but a lot of the high star guys haven’t impacted the field the way we hoped. Alfano/Clayton/Harris …I think there were a couple others also.

I think he would do well at LSU. He turned Mich St. around pretty quick. I did look back at his recruits here, and it’s early, but a lot of the high star guys haven’t impacted the field the way we hoped. Alfano/Clayton/Harris …I think there were a couple others also.
Define well. Would he have them in bowl games at 8-10 wins a year? Yes. Could he beat Alabama or even A&M consistently? That I'm not so sure about.

Tucker is from Ohio and played at Wisconsin. This dude seems like his endgame is Big Ten. LSU is probably only a slight step up from MSU. I think he passes on the LSU job unless he gets offered something stupid high. If money is equal I don’t see him bolting to another college program unless it’s Ohio St or Wisconsin.

Tucker is from Ohio and played at Wisconsin. This dude seems like his endgame is Big Ten. LSU is probably only a slight step up from MSU. I think he passes on the LSU job unless he gets offered something stupid high. If money is equal I don’t see him bolting to another college program unless it’s Ohio St or Wisconsin.
I think that a lot of the MSU move was about Saban influencing the hire. Place he had coached and a former assistant. One of Saban's reasons for his success is that he takes care of his professional network. Same scenario would apply with Tucker & LSU. For Tucker, LSU would be more money and a much better opportunity to win a national championship. Honestly, he'd be crazy not to take that job if offered.

Define well. Would he have them in bowl games at 8-10 wins a year? Yes. Could he beat Alabama or even A&M consistently? That I'm not so sure about.
Could he beat those schools, no. Could LSU with him as head coach win their share against those schools, absolutely.

LSU takes football seriously. Mel can recruit and LSU would give him everything he says he needs to recruit, everything.

Beyond that from what we have seen with him his weakness is in the actual coaching of players/team. LSU would find the money to hire him a pair of coordinators that could address that end of the job with him.

Keep in mind as well that as good as Bama is Sabin isn't going to be there forever and history tells us that when great coaches leave programs take time to recover. A&M has done exactly what to make them a super program? They have more money than they know what to do with but they have had that money for a long time. In recent years they have had a hard time winning their conference much less being a NC contender.

That all said I think it will take a lot to pull him away from Michigan State.

I think that a lot of the MSU move was about Saban influencing the hire. Place he had coached and a former assistant. One of Saban's reasons for his success is that he takes care of his professional network. Same scenario would apply with Tucker & LSU. For Tucker, LSU would be more money and a much better opportunity to win a national championship. Honestly, he'd be crazy not to take that job if offered.
Guys, two dumb as rocks coaches won national titles at LSU. By location alone, the talent they get is ludicrous. Having a guy like MT who actually knows how to recruit would make them a legit top 10 team pretty much every year.

LSU is a significant step up

Could he beat those schools, no. Could LSU with him as head coach win their share against those schools, absolutely.

LSU takes football seriously. Mel can recruit and LSU would give him everything he says he needs to recruit, everything.

Beyond that from what we have seen with him his weakness is in the actual coaching of players/team. LSU would find the money to hire him a pair of coordinators that could address that end of the job with him.

Keep in mind as well that as good as Bama is Sabin isn't going to be there forever and history tells us that when great coaches leave programs take time to recover. A&M has done exactly what to make them a super program? They have more money than they know what to do with but they have had that money for a long time. In recent years they have had a hard time winning their conference much less being a NC contender.

That all said I think it will take a lot to pull him away from Michigan State.
If the money folks at LSU want Mel, then he is going to pull in $9 Million just like Ed O.
Tucker could literally do anything he wants, including pretty much cheat at LSU, and with that in mind, he would recruit really well, however, he would have to step up the quality of his Assistants. Jay Johnson is not good enough for LSU for example.

I think he takes the job, or else MSU has to take him at least up to $8.5 Million

I want Tucker to spur someone else besides CU to justify my disdain.

but he would be wildly successful at LSU too.

If the money folks at LSU want Mel, then he is going to pull in $9 Million just like Ed O.
Tucker could literally do anything he wants, including pretty much cheat at LSU, and with that in mind, he would recruit really well, however, he would have to step up the quality of his Assistants. Jay Johnson is not good enough for LSU for example.

I think he takes the job, or else MSU has to take him at least up to $8.5 Million
Mel would upgrade his assistants. He knows who is good and as you say LSU would give him what it takes to get who he wants.

Wouldn't be a surprise if MSU brings him up like you say, and also gives him a budget to upgrade his assistants there as well.

Back