What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

Are we just juggling our nuts or is there any notion out there that Mel to LSU is a possibility?

Personally, I want LSU to grab Urb, so he doesn't go to SC.
If Urb leaves the Jags, its to go back into TV.

If I'm Southern Cal, I'd be sniffing around Mel Tucker too. He can recruit as we know, and he'd also have them schematically back where they were most successful - which would please their boosters. The Air Raid hasn't been that popular there.

Has any coach in the history of football taken a pay cut mid-contract? I highly doubt it and it's not realistic. What coach would say "Sure, I have been **** so I'll take a pay cut because I don't think I deserve my salary." ...
The closest I can think of is 1996 when Holtz declined a bowl game which reportedly meant he lost some bonus. ND being private though, well never know.

If Urb leaves the Jags, its to go back into TV.

If I'm Southern Cal, I'd be sniffing around Mel Tucker too. He can recruit as we know, and he'd also have them schematically back where they were most successful - which would please their boosters. The Air Raid hasn't been that popular there.
Mel is done with the PAC12, it is not the place for him to do his thing.
The SEC is the best place, the BIG10 is the next best
Cash and commitment

Mel is done with the PAC12, it is not the place for him to do his thing.
The SEC is the best place, the BIG10 is the next best
Cash and commitment
I don't give a **** where he does his thing. I'm just gonna say this-Mel has an ego. All of these guys do. You don't think he's going to listen if USC calls and says we'd like to give you the chance to resurrect this program?

KD will probbaly do well at MSU. CU will be hoping for their genius elite top assistant offensive coordinator to spray magic dust on the program and win games overnight.
Ice Cube Reaction GIF

It’s threads like this where I become convinced BB2 is trolling all of us. Absolutely has to be.
He should be a professional author and /or actor if that's the case.

It's very, very hard to effectively portray a really stupid person for years without ever breaking character.

Which is more likely?
A. highly skilled author /actor playing an insanely difficult role without missing a beat for years or B. complete idot?

Given the scarcity of people with the talent for A. and the depressingly large number of people who qualify for B, you tell me which is more likely.

He should be a professional author and /or actor if that's the case.

It's very, very hard to effectively portray a really stupid person for years without ever breaking character.

Which is more likely?
A. highly skilled author /actor playing an insanely difficult role without missing a beat for years or B. complete idot?

Given the scarcity of people with the talent for A. and the depressingly large number of people who qualify for B, you tell me which is more likely.
Ok, but seriously, have you seen some of the stuff this guy posts? It’s pure idiocy. Nobody is that dumb. So I’ll turn it around on you: given the fact that the vast majority of people on this planet have some level of intelligence, and his posting record would indicate that he has none, what’s more likely? That he’s trolling all of us or is really that stupid?

Ok, but seriously, have you seen some of the stuff this guy posts? It’s pure idiocy. Nobody is that dumb. So I’ll turn it around on you: given the fact that the vast majority of people on this planet have some level of intelligence, and his posting record would indicate that he has none, what’s more likely? That he’s trolling all of us or is really that stupid?
I'd say maybe he could answer this for you but he's probably still out trying to find breakfast.

I take it you haven't met a lot of people from other social circles in your life?

People absolutely are that dumb. And there's a lot of them. I mean, lots of people actually believed that you could get magnetized by a vaccine.

Yes, people are that dumb. There are just as many people with IQs <80 as there are with ones >120.

Most college educated folks rarely meet, know, or even interact with folks in the <80 range, but they meet, know, and interact with quite a few in the >120 range.

Our daily experiences have huge blindspots.

Another example: "Nigerian Princes" have in fact defrauded thousands of people...

My rebuttal to this is his Rockets takes in the NBA threads. Why would someone troll this board with ridiculous takes about the Houston Rockets? That would be some avant-garde new level of trolling.

I don't know about the rest of ya'll but I have a lot of respect for the intelligence of people who disagree with me *and* can cogently explain why they disagree with logical reasons backed up by applicable empirical evidence.

I wish Allbuffs had more posters like that.

Through out history people have been executed even after showing emprical evidence. Cancel culture is a product of the arrogance of so called leftist snobs.

I think quite a few coaches took voluntary paycuts to help out during Covid

That is fine, the key word is voluhtary. It was also to help out the program with Covid relatedd losses. What the so called experts, itk experts grumpy old men on this board are suggesting is not okay.

Back