What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

Wow. Not well written and I found it hard to agree with any of the content. Although I’m sure putting the word “proscenium” in there made him feel like a super great writer.

Certainly didn’t prove the claim that outrage was hypocritical, and I’m pretty sensitive to hypocrisy. I do like how he is voicing outrage over the hypocrisy of outrage, however. Now that’s poetic.

No one is outraged over his salary or a desire to maximize his chances of bringing success. We’re outraged because we liked him, wanted to give him a shot, had a not terrible but losing first season but we remained committed to him, and he left late in the hiring cycle making our chances of getting a good head coach far slimmer, after telling everyone and their mother he was going to be here to invest in THEIR commitments. We never would have hired him in the first place if we knew this was in the cards, thus we feel his hire was a mistake, but for those reasons, not because of his coaching performance.

In short, his move, presumably (and arguably defensibly) for his best interest screwed over a lot of people he kept reaffirming commitment to right up until the moment he broke his commitment. That’s where the outrage is coming from, not from this obtuse analysis of “quit whining sore losers” he’s providing.

Last edited:
He's an MSU hack who would be just as outraged if Snake Oil Salesman had done the same thing to them. He's a total hypocrite. I commented on a couple threads on MLIVE. My comment was not accepted on one thread because they hate hearing the truth. My other one made it through and got one reply only and nobody bothered replying to my response. The truth hurts.

1582136799860.png

After we name either Bielema or Calhoun as our next HC I'll be moving on from commenting on the Snake Oil Salesman. However, my hatred for him will live on forever and my second favorite team will always be the team he is coaching against each and every week.

Wow. Not well written and I found it hard to agree with any of the content.
Certainly didn’t prove the claim that outrage was hypocritical, and I’m pretty sensitive to hypocrisy. I do like how he is voicing outrage over the hypocrisy of outrage, however. Now that’s poetic.

any mention of the words or tweets from Mel Tucker, and what he said to donors? no mention of the lies?

I didn’t think so.

any mention of the words or tweets from Mel Tucker, and what he said to donors? no mention of the lies?

I didn’t think so.
Nope.

But a lot of sarcasm and inferences anyone who would dare to disagree with him. And lots of glossing over the negative repercussions to the people who are “outraged” as “its fine jeez calm down”.
Yeah, it is what it is, but do us the courtesy of being honest that it was a real rough thing to do to your employer and the people invested in your success.

Wow. Not well written and I found it hard to agree with any of the content. Although I’m sure putting the word “proscenium” in there made him feel like a super great writer.

No one is outraged over his salary or a desire to maximize his chances of bringing success. We’re outraged because we liked him, wanted to give him a shot, had a not terrible but losing first season but we remained committed to him, and he left late in the hiring cycle making our chances of getting a good head coach far slimmer, after telling everyone and their mother he was going to be here to invest in THEIR commitments. We never would have hired him in the first place if we knew this was in the cards, thus we feel his hire was a mistake, but for those reasons, not because of his coaching performance.

In short, his move, presumably (and arguably defensibly) for his best interest screwed over a lot of people he kept reaffirming commitment to right up until the moment he broke his commitment. That’s where the outrage is coming from, not from this obtuse analysis of “quit whining sore losers” he’s providing.

Garbage piece written by a guy who has a vested interest in putting lipstick on the pig that is Michigan State football right now. Any way you swing it-this doesn't look good. Melvin was at a CU donor event and doing Denver radio shows expressing his love for and commitment to this institution while his agent was busy getting his Michigan State contract done. They've shown they're fine hiring scum to coach their football program-I mean there's evidence of Mark Dantonio perjuring himself in the Curtis Blackwell case.

Michigan State: Sources tell FootballScoop that Mel Tucker offered the strength job to Vanderbilt head strength coach James Dobson, but Dobson has opted to stay at Vandy at this time.

Michigan State: Sources tell FootballScoop that Mel Tucker offered the strength job to Vanderbilt head strength coach James Dobson, but Dobson has opted to stay at Vandy at this time.

That probably means Drew Wilson is next out the door.

Ouch, WILSON needs to stay, but Midnight Mel has to move on to his other options as usual

That probably means Drew Wilson is next out the door.
Hopefully Coach Lewis is insulted enough that he doesn't want to be the MT of the options. You know, "we asked three other people and they turned us down, so now you can be our Dream Coach, and we can be your Dream Job"!

Thank God we uncovered his lack of character so early to avoid him spreading it throughout the organization! How would you have behaved differently if you were in his shoes?

Thank God we uncovered his lack of character so early to avoid him spreading it throughout the organization! How would you have behaved differently if you were in his shoes?
I’m not in his shoes or privy to his actual motives. I think one thing he did right is not trashing CU if there were other factors other than money which made his situation less than ideal, but that’s entirely possible. But if the situation was really as stated and it were almost entirely a “double your salary” situation as billed, I would’ve stayed. If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that my happiness ain’t worth an extra load of cash beyond what can provide me with financial security, the few things I want, and a healthy happy home for me and my family. That’s the X factor here - was he actually happy, the answer to which we’ll probably never know. If I was happy with my job, I wouldn’t leave for a salary bump from $2.6m per year.

I’m not in his shoes or privy to his actual motives. I think one thing he did right is not trashing CU if there were other factors other than money which made his situation less than ideal, but that’s entirely possible. But if the situation was really as stated and it were almost entirely a “double your salary” situation as billed, I would’ve stayed. If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that my happiness ain’t worth an extra load of cash beyond what can provide me with financial security, the few things I want, and a healthy happy home for me and my family. That’s the X factor here - was he actually happy, the answer to which we’ll probably never know. If I was happy with my job, I wouldn’t leave for a salary bump from $2.6m per year.
Very much agree, and if he were to get bumped up to say $4.0 Million with the CU Counteroffer, then he is both happy and very well taken care of!
He rushed this deal, his agent sounds like an a-hole, and maybe he was not happy enough based on some of CU's restrictions compared to the loose and wild BIG10, especially Michigan State

That makes sense and I have same general opinion/values, but for exactly those reasons I'm not a D1 coach with top tier aspirations. Doesn't make sense to me to apply my value system to him.

Speaks to the old chestnut that people in Colorado take half of their salary in scenery.:cool:

You been to Commerce City, Aurora*, North La Junta, Limon, Punkin Center, or Sterling:LOL:

That yarn seemingly only applies west of I25, although I hear Aurora is tolerable south of Illiff.:unsure:

There are some depressed and depressing communities on the eastern plains. Saddest place I’ve seen in Colorado is Springfield. That place is teetering on ghost town status.

That yarn seemingly only applies west of I25, although I hear Aurora is tolerable south of Illiff.:unsure:

There are some depressed and depressing communities on the eastern plains. Saddest place I’ve seen in Colorado is Springfield. That place is teetering on ghost town status.
Tolerable is not acceptable (grew up near Hampden & Buckley so I know).

Tolerable is not acceptable (grew up near Hampden & Buckley so I know).

Ohh, that sounds like the fancy part of town.

Near 6th and Chambers for me.

I do miss seeing the sunset over the Rockies, but not enough to halve my paycheck and move back.

Back