What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

No. You post stupid sh!t in threads where it doesn’t belong to get reactions. None of us come here for that. We come here to engage in thoughtful discussion about football. You can’t seem to do that.

Your post is stupid. if you had read the thread you will see I was responding to another post. But you had to make an ass of your self.

I don't know about the rest of ya'll but I have a lot of respect for the intelligence of people who disagree with me *and* can cogently explain why they disagree with logical reasons backed up by applicable empirical evidence.

I wish Allbuffs had more posters like that.

I also respect @96 Buff

Tucker made the LSU 247 site’s hot board. Others include Luke Fickell, Lincoln Riley, Mario Cristobal, Jimbo Fisher, Billy Napier, James Franklin, Matt Campbell, Dave Aranda, Steve Sarkisian, Bill O’Brien, Chris Petersen, Lane Kiffin. Urban was mentioned as a footnote if he leaves Jax.

I mentioned this in the carousel thread but reportedly LSU's first call will be to Lincoln Riley and their 2nd call will be to Brian Kelly. Doesn't mean either would say yes but they're going for a grand slam here.

Some one clearly said time to ban him. The whole talk of whether deplatform is cancel culture or not is irrelevant or misdirection. I think most of my post comes across as trolling because It is insane to agree with grumpy old men. For example I am no longer upset with Mel Tucker. CU should priotize teaching young men over winning. Against firing a coach after 5 games into a season with a young freshman QB. You can call me a troll.

Last edited:
Some one clearly, said time to ban him. The whole talk of whether deplatform is cancel culture or not is irrelebnt or misdirection.
Meh. You are dumb argument.

You do realize that the discussion is "are you a troll, or are are you just dumb?"

If you get banned, the decision means you were evaluated as being a troll.

If you don't get banned, that means you were evaluated as being _______.

I'd be looking to get banned, but that's me.

Last edited:
Some one clearly said time to ban him. ...
nobody posted that, at least not ITT

somebody did question if it was time, but that post explicitly ended w/ a '?'

FWIW, I don't think the posts from this account have warranted a ban

I wanted the former guy to lay an egg but it looks like that isn’t going to happen. So now I hope msu gets busted for recruiting violations and goes on a 10 year bowl ban and has recruiting limited to 5 per year. I am such a small and bitter man.

I wanted the former guy to lay an egg but it looks like that isn’t going to happen. So now I hope msu gets busted for recruiting violations and goes on a 10 year bowl ban and has recruiting limited to 5 per year. I am such a small and bitter man.
I actually find myself rooting for MSU and Tucker a bit, but I don't know if it's because they've been good for the betting account or what. Regardless, I'm no longer bitter about him leaving because I think Rick George sold him a bill of goods that he didn't follow through on.

I actually find myself rooting for MSU and Tucker a bit, but I don't know if it's because they've been good for the betting account or what. Regardless, I'm no longer bitter about him leaving because I think Rick George sold him a bill of goods that he didn't follow through on.
I never really got the Tucker hate. I can't blame a guy for going somewhere dedicated to winning for a bigger paycheck.

I never really got the Tucker hate. I can't blame a guy for going somewhere dedicated to winning for a bigger paycheck.
At first, I was pretty bitter because it felt like he was just chasing the money, which in and of itself is actually fine, but he proactively made the media rounds and told boosters the night before that he was committed to CU. On the surface, it looked like a really ****ty thing to do to the program that gave him his first head coaching opportunity.

Knowing more context around his departure has definitely changed my perspective

Last edited:
Okay. I’ve heard this and that regarding promises made and not delivered. I’d sure like to hear specifics and both sides of the story.

Okay. I’ve heard this and that regarding promises made and not delivered. I’d sure like to hear specifics and both sides of the story.
me too. many posters hint at knowing something but nobody here elaborates. I'm assuming this is one of those topics where we need to purchase a 247 membership if we want the low-down.

Umm. No. A 247 membership is a complete waste of time and money. No offense to Adam (who is great but the audience on that site is horrible).
thanks. in that case, I assume this is one of those things that somebody speculated once may be the case and subsequently many other posters took as fact.

thanks. in that case, I assume this is one of those things that somebody speculated once may be the case and subsequently many other posters took as fact.
Multiple posters here have stated over time that they've had contacts within the AD and have dropped pieces of information. On top of that, it's been mentioned by Adam and others on 247 that Tucker was very frustrated with the lack of admission leniency for a few recruits that Rick George allegedly told him would be more flexible. It's also been mentioned that he was supposedly toeing the line a bit with some of the recruiting practices, but that wasn't elaborated on.

Multiple posters here have stated over time that they've had contacts within the AD and have dropped pieces of information. On top of that, it's been mentioned by Adam and others on 247 that Tucker was very frustrated with the lack of admission leniency for a few recruits that Rick George allegedly told him would be more flexible. It's also been mentioned that he was supposedly toeing the line a bit with some of the recruiting practices, but that wasn't elaborated on.
Adam has straight out stated that some of the things Tucker was doing would not have worked long-term at CU. No further details on that, but I'm leaning more towards SEC style stuff than the salacious stuff.

Back