What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

hehehee. the comments on the athletic piece about the incident are really funny to me...

one guy is suggesting that the right punishment is that tucker should be immediately fired and given a life time "show cause" ban.

that seems... excessive?

still that video of him punching the arm of a fan away coupled with the assaults is not a good look.

i am enjoying my schadenfreude with coffee this am.

Supposedly, a new angle. Pretty easy to ID a numer of bad guys. Espn's camera:

This video is making things worse for MSU. In it, their top defensive player, Jacoby Windmon, throws a few punches and looks like he holds down the UM player while his teammate swings his helmet at him. Windmon has yet to be suspended and the video’s been out for more than 24 hours now. I can’t imagine they’ll wait for the conference to suspend him, but big loss or terrible look either way.

Becoming a national media story now

this is one way to pile on and run a man out of town whose contract you don't like ... institutional control yadda

hehehee. the comments on the athletic piece about the incident are really funny to me...

one guy is suggesting that the right punishment is that tucker should be immediately fired and given a life time "show cause" ban.

that seems... excessive?

still that video of him punching the arm of a fan away coupled with the assaults is not a good look.

i am enjoying my schadenfreude with coffee this am.
The right punishment for MSU would be to require Tucker to remain coach through the last minute of his contract.

I feel like GOB would have been a better choice, but still solid.
Arrested Development Mistake GIF

This video is making things worse for MSU. In it, their top defensive player, Jacoby Windmon, throws a few punches and looks like he holds down the UM player while his teammate swings his helmet at him. Windmon has yet to be suspended and the video’s been out for more than 24 hours now. I can’t imagine they’ll wait for the conference to suspend him, but big loss or terrible look either way.
He's been suspended now as well as others:

It really is a bad set up.
Keep m separated. But hey, they don’t mind, they’re under 18 and won’t be doing any time. Hey, come out and play.

MSU wasn’t as good as their record indicated last year and that probably made things worse for the AD, they freaked out, doubled a contract. If they would have given him a solid raise I don’t think it would be as bad right now. Losing to a team that threw for 31 yards is rough

If this head coaching search ends up with us hiring Prime, taking Phil’s feet out from under him and leaving Rick as a figurehead who will move on allowing us to hire someone with a pulse, then we all will have a lot to thank Mel for.

I guess, in the same way I'm thankful for my prior horrible job forcing me to get a better one. Thanks assholes, I mean that sincerely!

Back