What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker's First Press Conference Thread (10:05 AM MT)

220px-Woody_Woodpecker.png

Obviously, it is hard to "lose" an intro press conference... but I think it is pretty clear why he was hired.

"We plan to enhance those pipelines"(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
Stephens was really trying to get ammo that he would take the easy road and stay recruiting where he has in the past. Figures the Ramie would try to find a negative.

But Mel dropped the hammer on that. He wants to build a beast of a team that beats the will out of the opponent. Me likey that. He will go get the talent wherever if is.

Thank you RG. We sweated and pissed and moaned and had Bohn PTSD for untold days. We worried and doubted and was sure CU couldn’t have nice things.

And you ****ing slayed it.

I love feeling that the AD job isn’t a job for him. I feel like he’s getting paid to do a job he would almost do for free. He loves CU every bit as much as we do. And Mel could tell that. Mel has to see he has an AD that’ll do what it takes to seriously compete for Championships.

The rest of the PAC 12 ain’t ready for what’s coming.

Matt Stephens asking if Tucker is going to abandon the West for Recruiting. What kind of question is that?

Colorado sports media kinda sucks.

As @Darth Snow mentioned, it was a "No-Win" question. The Colorado sports media REALLY sucks unless you work for the Broncos. Then you get questions like "Tell me about your thoughts on the loss last week- would you say it was the best thing that's ever happened in terms of keeping the team hungry? Or was it the greatest thing for the fans so that they appreciate the win next week that much more?"

Matt Stephens asking if Tucker is going to abandon the West for Recruiting. What kind of question is that?
A ****ing moronic one coming from a " journalist" working for a newspaper that has traditionally hated the Buffs.

who the **** said I was a hater?

Not directed at you, was some racist moron in one of the Mel thread's that said something along the lines of "why am I having Embree flashbacks". My reply was "if the man had less melanin in his epidermis all you hater's would be jizzing all over yourself's for him to be our next HC". Then you went and posted South Park! Quite ironic.

Last edited:
Thank you RG. We sweated and pissed and moaned and had Bohn PTSD for untold days. We worried and doubted and was sure CU couldn’t have nice things.

And you ****ing slayed it.

I love feeling that the AD job isn’t a job for him. I feel like he’s getting paid to do a job he would almost do for free. He loves CU every bit as much as we do. And Mel could tell that. Mel has to see he has an AD that’ll do what it takes to seriously compete for Championships.

The rest of the PAC 12 ain’t ready for what’s coming.

This is exactly what I said. The PAC 12 (we used to say the "P" stood for a prejorative term for a sensitive part of the female anatomy) is about to get hit in the mouth, straight up!!!!!

Back