What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker's First Press Conference Thread (10:05 AM MT)

If Mel Tucker struggles at CU then I won't be able to say much of anything.

Mike Mac, Embree and Dan HaLkins weren't the guys I wanted, but I hoped they would succeed and prove me wrong. But in the end we got weak loser football on Saturdays. Mac will at least be known for getting our talent level back to respectability.

This time, I got the candidate I hoped for. A man from big boy football. An SEC badass who can recruit and lead a hard hitting team.

We need to play Buff Football again. We go fast and we hit hard! Win or lose, you will hate playing us!

Kinda interesting to compare these to Mel Tuckers first press conference.

YouTube can't go back far enough for ol Dan's first press conference. But they still got this on there!

I’m in Costa Rica drinking beers by the pool. Will watch it later
giphy.gif

I’m in Costa Rica drinking beers by the pool. Will watch it later

The pipelines in question he intended to enhance are California and Texas. Matt Stephens stupidly asked if he intended to keep those pipelines or recruit in the southeast (and apparently not recruit Texas and California?). Mel essentially said he would enhance what is in place, create new ones, and recruit wherever there are worthwhile recruits, like a national program should.

The pipelines in question he intended to enhance are California and Texas. Matt Stephens stupidly asked if he intended to keep those pipelines or recruit in the southeast (and apparently not recruit Texas and California?). Mel essentially said he would enhance what is in place, create new ones, and recruit wherever there are worthwhile recruits, like a national program should.
In fairness, all Matt Stephens knows is CSU. They've had head coaches who came in and focused recruiting almost completely on Florida and Georgia.

I haven’t watched the PC but curious what the pipeline comment was in reference to?

Matt Stephens asked if Tucker was going to stop recruiting California and Texas (yeah, I know).

The same Matt Stephens who ripped CU for in-state recruiting last weekend while "scholarships are wasted on Johnny Threestar from recruiting hotbeds in Texas - who never sniffs the field as area talent flees to star for Division I programs elsewhere" (direct quote).

Kinda interesting to compare these to Mel Tuckers first press conference.

YouTube can't go back far enough for ol Dan's first press conference. But they still got this on there!

MM came across as trying to prove to everyone that he belonged here, JE came across like maybe loving CU and being passionate would be enough to get the ball rolling. CMT comes across as both passionate and knowledgeable, without any insecurity about whether or not he belongs here. Test #1 is December 15th, and I think he will acquit himself well. Aside from the part about getting a year older, I cannot wait for August to get here!

Watching that tour video, it came off like HCMT felt before he toured that he knew he could win but he was going to have some obstacles despite what RG may have told him. You could almost see he and his family have several "oh wow" moments, like any reservations and obstacles to success he had were being laid to rest. Like, "holy ****, this is way better than I thought, we really are going to win a lot here". I didn't know something at simple as that would get me so fired up. You could see in his eyes that he knows that what he's going to sell to recruits is real, and there are no excuses to why the winning culture he's been apart of with guys like Tressel, Saban, and Smart can't work here. I expect to see a couple pleasant surprises in recruiting this year despite the short timeline.

Watching that tour video, it came off like HCMT felt before he toured that he knew he could win but he was going to have some obstacles despite what RG may have told him. You could almost see he and his family have several "oh wow" moments, like any reservations and obstacles to success he had were being laid to rest. Like, "holy ****, this is way better than I thought, we really are going to win a lot here". I didn't know something at simple as that would get me so fired up. You could see in his eyes that he knows that what he's going to sell to recruits is real, and there are no excuses to why the winning culture he's been apart of with guys like Tressel, Saban, and Smart can't work here. I expect to see a couple pleasant surprises in recruiting this year despite the short timeline.

A video tour of the facilities is nice, but there up close and personal really sells it. The CC still has “new facilities” smell pumped in everyday. That shyte is expensive, so RG & LC needed to upgrade the coaching.

At times, it looked like he was thinking "Why haven't they been winning here?"

A video tour of the facilities is nice, but there up close and personal really sells it. The CC still has “new facilities” smell pumped in everyday. That shyte is expensive, so RG & LC needed to upgrade the coaching.

Yep the ROI of the new facilities just haven't been there.

I think you guys are trying too much to interpret the video in a positive way. I didn't know we have so many Cal Lightman in buffs fans :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That said, I'm excited. Let's get back to work!

Back