What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Memories.....Coach Hawk

It drove me nuts!

Aaargh, matey!
images

In HaLkins bio on Cal Davis his time at Colorado is summarized into:
  • Took over a rebuilding Colorado (2006-10) program and gained invaluable experience during his tenure with the Big XII Conference

In HaLkins bio on Cal Davis his time at Colorado is summarized into:
  • Took over a rebuilding Colorado (2006-10) program and gained invaluable experience during his tenure with the Big XII Conference
His experience here had no value at best, more likely negative value. Invaluable is a nice way of saying we can't determine how much value he destroyed.

I was into his act hook line and sinker. I was excited by his hire and Bravado. I thought Scott was going to be our next Heisman and Soldier was going to pave the path for him. Then they played games.

I was into his act hook line and sinker. I was excited by his hire and Bravado. I thought Scott was going to be our next Heisman and Soldier was going to pave the path for him. Then they played games.
Miller was the highly recruited OL. Solder was a TE for two years before he finally made the move to LT.

But yeah, I totally fell for his BS too. What a fraud.

I bought into the hype also. I was excited and thought CU had struck Gold after watching what Boise St had been doing. Then the press conference... as soon as he introduced his QB son that was coming to CU with his dad, I had a bad feeling.

I hate to say it, but in the context of CU this is completely untrue. Cody is still #2 all time CU passing yards if I recall. Not our best quarterback by a long shot, but look at the past 20 years- Sefo, Hansen, Klatt and Moschetti have him beat as QBs. Montez we will see. Not my favorite player but a good dude that gets unnecessary knocks because his Dad was a chump

Pesavento too. Let us not forget the man who was under center for one of the greatest games in Colorado history.

When we were getting crushed at Toledo, it annoyed me to see Cody & Scotty playing leapfrog on the sidelines.
I remember the commentator saying Colorado could not match the speed of Toledo, a friggin MAC commuter school.

Pesavento too. Let us not forget the man who was under center for one of the greatest games in Colorado history.

As I mentioned in another thread, I got to buy Bobby P a beer at the Blake Street Tavern in 2010 while watching the last time we played the Nubbs. When he came over to thank me, I thanked him for largely providing my best memory as a Buff fan.

/good story bro

I remember the commentator saying Colorado could not match the speed of Toledo, a friggin MAC commuter school.
Yep, that was Bob Davie, former ND coach. When he said that during the Toledo game, it was the first time that I acknowledged to myself that not only did we have a major coaching problem, but a major talent/speed problem as well.

Hawkins coach speak was infuriating. That video to start the thread triggered me.
How about when, instead of coach speak, he tried to sound cool?

We're gonna pound it and launch it this year, brother.

incompetent. and, he compounded the incompetence with dishonesty and a failure to adjust.

remember also that pederson was supposed to come with as the oc. that was a part of the pitched "package" deal from juice box. juice box undoubtedly knew that pedey was likely to take the hc job at boise. in fact, it is hard to see now, looking back, how anyone in the CUAD could have thought pedey was coming along for what would have been a relatively modest salary. yet, the braintrust hired hawkins anyway. disaster.

i think we have to have a new rule-- if a CU football hc loses to any lower level team, ever, he should be immediately terminated. coaches that lose to drake and toledo and montana ****ing state don't belong here.

the embree thing is still raw for me. he's done so much for the program and yet he was personally responsible for taking a train wreck into nuclear meltdown disaster. i do hope time continues to heal those wounds.

incompetent. and, he compounded the incompetence with dishonesty and a failure to adjust.

remember also that pederson was supposed to come with as the oc. that was a part of the pitched "package" deal from juice box. juice box undoubtedly knew that pedey was likely to take the hc job at boise. in fact, it is hard to see now, looking back, how anyone in the CUAD could have thought pedey was coming along for what would have been a relatively modest salary. yet, the braintrust hired hawkins anyway. disaster.

i think we have to have a new rule-- if a CU football hc loses to any lower level team, ever, he should be immediately terminated. coaches that lose to drake and toledo and montana ****ing state don't belong here.

the embree thing is still raw for me. he's done so much for the program and yet he was personally responsible for taking a train wreck into nuclear meltdown disaster. i do hope time continues to heal those wounds.

What about Hawai'i? MacIntyre lost to them. I hold a lot of people responsible for the Embree debacle-not just JE himself. McCartney (who was too vocal about wanting to hire within the family after Hawkins was fired), Bohn (for not giving Brian Cabral-who would have been ideal to take over at that point IMO more of a look or the job right then and there......he stepped in as interim after that epically bad loss to Kansas and beat Iowa State and K-State in back to back weeks in 2010......there seemed to be a little bit of fire those two weeks), in addition to Embree himself for not surrounding himself with more qualified people.

Back