What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Memories of 16

Always BUFF

I post stupid ****
While it's somewhat fresh in the mind this morning & purely from a fan's perspective.
Player that exceeded expectations: Bobo, he wasn't slated to start until Winfree went down.
Most improved O unit: Receivers, at least for the first 1/2 of the season they ran good routes, got separation and caught most all of the catchable balls thrown to them and then some.
Most improved D unit: Secondary, until the last two games they played the ball not the man.
Best game to watch: Michigan
Worst game to watch: UCLA, went on forever, close second SC
Most underutilized player: Julmisse, he could be a 2 way player if allowed to be, Irwin a close second.
Player missed the most through attrition: Patrick Carr, would've like to seen what he could've done with Evan's carries.
Just a few thoughts

Player that exceeded expectations: I would have to go with Olugbode, Sefo or Ross, as all 3 of those guys were close to vilified by the fan base during the offseason and all had extremely low expectations.
I thought most improved O unit was the OL, but WRs were definitely a close 2nd for me.
Best game to watch: Either ASU or Utah. Michigan was fun for a while, but ultimately sucked and we lost.
Worst game was UW or the Bowl Game. Flat out blowouts.
Underutilized player: Donovan Lee, especially during the 2nd half of the season. I think he's a dynamic player that could have been used in a multitude of roles.

Best memory: Utah game.
Worst: Alamo Bowl - I honestly thought we would win that game. Seriously.
Biggest surprise: winning at Stanford. I didn't think that was possible.
Biggest disappointment: Alamo Bowl.

I'm not sure what happened after the ASU game to make this team so predictable. We lit them up and never quite found our offense after that. Something that will need to be corrected next year.

Looking forward to most: Seeing what this offense can do with Montez playing with the "1's" all through Spring and Fall camp. They have a chance to really take the next step. They will probably have to, because the defense will take a step back, more likely than not.

Best Memory:
i

Sacky right there with you on the Stanford game. Most disappointing game for me was the SC game 4 TOs was frustrating as all hell and to still be so close. JR thanks for making my point..play the ball not the man. I wish we would've worn the black helmets at least once or twice more. I was thinking about the one player on D that we faced that was a real baller and came down to either Jackson or Peppers. Offensively you still had to respect McCaffrey even hobbled his diversity made you leary. My favorite trick play had to be Bobo to Lindsay it made SC look bad.

Then I ask myself which players from the 16 squad would coach Mac have recruited? Lindsay is the obvious to me in that he has a mind set Mac would/could appreciate and use. After him Awuzie, Olugbode then Fisher, Mac had a knack for getting players that made plays when they needed to be made. I'm by no means a coach, but other than his one drop for 6 Ento always seemed to the most difficult receiver to be brought down after a catch. I do envision Winfree being similar to Westbrook minus maybe the mean streak.

The best in 60-year beat down of CSU in the opening game was delicious. It's hard to believe that that joyous memory was eclipsed time and again in Eugene, Palo Alto, and on numerous occasions in Folsom. Finally beating ASU and getting past UCLA was a big deal, knowing that bowl eligibility awaits. (Bye bye epic movie poop thread). The magic culminated in a once in a generation rushing of Folsom field after CU clinched the P12 south after the Utah game. I have some blades of turf in my wallet as a souvenir.

I'll treasure the Oregon State game as the last time my dad was able to join me in the stands.

I'll treasure the trip to Palo Alto with my mom when CU beat SUcks in their own stadium.

I'll treasure rushing the field after the Utah game with my daughter.

The bad memories in no particular order:
- Machete Man, who turned out to be a troubled discharged veteran, getting gunned down in the new facility.
- Leavitt getting getting poached by Daddy Warducks.
- Missing the window to beat USC amidst their coaching and recruiting downturn and having that monkey still on CU's back.
- Getting snubbed for the Rose Bowl
- The thud of the P12CCG and Alamo Bowls.

Best hit without a penalty has to go to Gillam albeit there were a couple of other good ones that got penalized that shouldn't have. Might/ve been some that weren't available to me unless I'd been at the game.

You all that came down here for the Alamo hit it right, 12:00 and it's 40 out sucks it was 74 yesterday...I'm not working today **** that.

i posted this before: to echo the posts above....but, when we get the INT to beat UO after the PI call....i said to a friend of mine, when was the last time CU made a play on D to WIN a game? he said: no kidding. that's my best.

win over Wazzou was 2nd....i mean in chat we had some AB'ers folding the tent.....a bit....and CU stayed the course, didn't get sucked into Leach's 3 and out game....and we sustained drives and won. Utah game was weird but also big. winning the South.

worst: not being competitive against UW and Poke State. good teams....but we should have shown up. talent gap against teams with top 25 type classes.... depth were always going to be an issue for this CU team. losses will sting but the season will live on. shoulder to shoulder.

my hat is off to these guys and the coaches.

I only got to see a few games so I can't really single one out. All I know is it helped me quite a bit with this past year.

Best Memory: Wazzu
Not Good Memory: Alamo Bowl
Best Surprise: 'Spoon
Best Future: Montez
Can't Wait for the Future: Polley, Moretti

This is such an awesome picture! I love seeing the faces of the cheerleaders with looks of surprise, suspense, excitement! Wish there was more in the picture with Duck fans faces in the crowd. That would be fun to look at too!

Love that photo. Had to go watch it live, what a moment. Got a little teary for a second there, that was such a fun moment even at home. Totally freaked out.

I love Sefo, but correct me if I'm wrong, he never led us back from a deficit to win, but Montez did in his first start at Oregon. That gives me hope in 17.

I echo Buffaholic, that last scoring drive against ASU with Lindsay pounding his way to finally get in the end zone and set a record or two in the meantime. That was awesome. They knew we were handing it to Lindsay and he kept getting 6-7 yards per carry.

I'm really excited about Oliver. I think he's going to really help solidify our defensive backfield after the obvious departures

Best memory: Utah game. Not even close. First time to see Folsom packed in more than a decade. Nervous energy in the air, as if everyone was too afraid to speak it out loud for fear of jinxing it. Endless stream of people rushing the field to celebrate.

Back