What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre: Does He Make It Through 2016?

How long will Mike MacIntyre last?

• 1 game: Loss to CSU and Rick George says **** it, time to make a statement!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 2- games: Buffs lose to CSU and a D-IAA program? Gone

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 3-4 games: Michigan and Oregon are certain losses, but if they get embarrassed?!

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • 5-6 games: Buffs sitting at 2-3 or 2-4 may spark this.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 7-8 games: I have Buffs at 3-5 after 8. Does needing to go 3-1 in last 4 make George.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 9-10 games: Buffs are not bowl eligible in this timeframe and makes it easy

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • 11-12 games: Two winnable home games and if Buffs are 4-6 going into them, he HAS to win both.

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • 2017 Extension: Buffs make a bowl and continue to show improvement.

Votes: 86 48.9%

• Total voters
Hahaha your bias in this situation becomes more apparent every time you post. You constantly distort facts to fit your opinion of Mac. We get it, you don't think he is a good coach and obviously as a person and I have seen you post valid reasons before but now it is just over the top. In your first sentence, you even say Embree had one full recruiting class but Mac has had three despite one of his classes not suiting up a game for the Buffs yet and a transition class which was technically Embree's.

To compare the situations that Hawkins took over and Mac took over is laughable and not debatable no matter how you want to spin it. A team that won the big-12 north, despite it being a weak division, to a team that lost to a 4 win CSU team that finished tied for 6th in a 10-team non power five conference, and a 6-win FCS team that finished in a 3 way tie with UNC for 5th in conference. Combine this with a ****ty reputation as an athletic department (especially athletic director) and the worst facilities in a power five conference and you have a situation that rivaled Kansas after Weiss left.

So in his fourth year on the job he has recruited players such as Shay Fields, Tim Lynott, Chido, Tedric Thompson, Isiah Oliver, Witherspoon, Afo, Gillam, Lee, Carrell, Leo Jackson, Kabion Ento, Shane Callahan, Juwan Winfree, Franke and Falo that are all supposed to be significant contributors as non freshman (which there are a couple that will contribute out of a 16 player class) and you want to say he hasn't brought in any players other than those that Embree brought in. Guys like Irwin, Kelley and Kronsage are all upper clansmen that should be on top of the depth chart to begin with.

There are very valid arguments as to why Mac should not be the coach this year or especially after this year but consistently claiming he over exaggerates the situation he inherited is not one of them. Bringing the wrong coaches and not moving on from coaches soon enough is where the discussion should begin.

IMHO, I think it's time we all stop being negative and embrace the team and situation for what it is right now.

Hahaha your bias in this situation becomes more apparent every time you post. You constantly distort facts to fit your opinion of Mac. We get it, you don't think he is a good coach and obviously as a person and I have seen you post valid reasons before but now it is just over the top. In your first sentence, you even say Embree had one full recruiting class but Mac has had three despite one of his classes not suiting up a game for the Buffs yet and a transition class which was technically Embree's.

To compare the situations that Hawkins took over and Mac took over is laughable and not debatable no matter how you want to spin it. A team that won the big-12 north, despite it being a weak division, to a team that lost to a 4 win CSU team that finished tied for 6th in a 10-team non power five conference, and a 6-win FCS team that finished in a 3 way tie with UNC for 5th in conference. Combine this with a ****ty reputation as an athletic department (especially athletic director) and the worst facilities in a power five conference and you have a situation that rivaled Kansas after Weiss left.

So in his fourth year on the job he has recruited players such as Shay Fields, Tim Lynott, Chido, Tedric Thompson, Isiah Oliver, Witherspoon, Afo, Gillam, Lee, Carrell, Leo Jackson, Kabion Ento, Shane Callahan, Juwan Winfree, Franke and Falo that are all supposed to be significant contributors as non freshman (which there are a couple that will contribute out of a 16 player class) and you want to say he hasn't brought in any players other than those that Embree brought in. Guys like Irwin, Kelley and Kronsage are all upper clansmen that should be on top of the depth chart to begin with.

There are very valid arguments as to why Mac should not be the coach this year or especially after this year but consistently claiming he over exaggerates the situation he inherited is not one of them. Bringing the wrong coaches and not moving on from coaches soon enough is where the discussion should begin.
You had me until Callahan.

I too am trusting of RG to do the right thing going forward from whatever happens this season.
Something that I learned watching my wife and daughters and it relates to recruiting and the new world class facilities.... new shoes are nice and make everyone happy until they aren't new shoes anymore. They are just old shoes. We wont have the best world class facilities forever, the time is now to market the **** out of them and get every recruit we can who is wowed by things like this. You don't win this year or the year after and you have a losing record and old shoes and nothing to show for it. Gotta get results now.

I too am trusting of RG to do the right thing going forward from whatever happens this season.
Something that I learned watching my wife and daughters and it relates to recruiting and the new world class facilities.... new shoes are nice and make everyone happy until they aren't new shoes anymore. They are just old shoes. We wont have the best world class facilities forever, the time is now to market the **** out of them and get every recruit we can who is wowed by things like this. You don't win this year or the year after and you have a losing record and old shoes and nothing to show for it. Gotta get results now.

Yep. There is a window of opportunity. CU cannot afford to miss it.

I think this thread is a year early. He'll get the entire year, no matter what (obviously this assumes not being blown out by csu although we should win, and not losing to idaho St - those happen, he's gone). But anything else and he'll be the coach come opening day next year. That's when this poll will matter.

I think this thread is a year early. He'll get the entire year, no matter what (obviously this assumes not being blown out by csu although we should win, and not losing to idaho St - those happen, he's gone). But anything else and he'll be the coach come opening day next year. That's when this poll will matter.
So if we go 3-9, you're sure he comes back? I'm not.

Well I think Mac2 is a good man or seems to be. In the scheme of things, outside of Boulder, does any other school operate that way? Very few I'd say. There is a lot more that goes into it than just winning and I know that but Damnit anytime u strap it up it should be just that. If he can't get it done, I'm not against them firing his ass. That said, maybe he comes through this year and makes a damn bowl at least. If we do replace him, saying we **** the bed, who y'all want? How much would CU be willing to pay too?

Your bias against me is obvious with your totally off the rails attack. First, you were the one that made the statement - "There was no leadership and what little talent he did leave transferred out" - It was that statement I was refuting (I even bolded it so you could figure it out). If you look at the roster there are plenty of Embree recruits that are contributing so you comment that the talented ones all transferred out is patently false - what came through to me in your effort to prop up MacIntyre you chose to show your hate for Embree and in the process disparage a lot of players who have played hard for the Buffs. And I was criticizing YOU for making excuses for MacIntyre. I believe I have the right to call you out on it. I never compared the situations they took over just that they use the same excuses.

Look to the Bolded Part Now - not what I said. You were the one that claimed the players recruited to CU by Embree lacked talent, leadership and/or left. I was pointing out that if that was truly the case then MacIntyre did not recruit over them since many of them are starting. The things that Pisses me off is when you try to tear people down to prop someone else up.

[QUOTE="CUAviator, post: 2037646, member: 6068" He'll get the entire year, no matter what (obviously this assumes not being blown out by csu although we should win, and not losing to idaho St - those happen, he's gone).[/QUOTE]

Great job making an absolute declaration. Not many are willing to do that, they usually follow up with qualifiers.

Dear Lord, please let Mac win this year. Please, please, please, please, please................
Yeah. I just don't understand people wanting other people to fail at a job. Now, if they stop working at their job (Hawkins) then by all means, flame away. We haven't seen that with MM, actually the opposite. He is someone you want to see be successful. I hope he gets it done.

If this is the case, hopefully the big offer is from CU.

RG is more than capable of matching anyone who would be interested in him if he happened to put together a big season this year, or over the next couple years.

There are programs out there with the money and the pull to take him away but considering his record over the past few years and his overall record they aren't going to hire him based on one or even two good years.

Back