What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

Always thought MM was a kind, positive, classy person. But in today's press conference he said things showing that he DOES NOT deserve $millions to lead this program. So much for my opinion of him being classy and above the fray. He really stepped in it.

you know, if you're referencing the press conference that you watched online, or a tweet you saw a player "like," do us all a favor and just link us so people aren't asking for follow-up.

Really? Mac is going to condescend to this fanbase and program? What other school would have been as patient with him as CU? I'd wager many programs would have fired him after his 3rd year in 2015. We've been nothing but patient and supportive, man up and take responsibility for this mess.

I always felt MM had his share of fault in the 2016 PAC12 championship/bowl game swoon. He was so busy flying around the country picking up his awards he ignored the team without really giving anyone the keys. Didn't he miss a whole bunch of practices? Then JL jumps, then Tumpkin.... It's always been about MM first. Yeah yeah, I get the awards are important to him and CU, but in hindsight it sure didn't help recruiting that much. Neither did the 1 year window we had with the champions center. Opportunity lost.

Really? Mac is going to condescend to this fanbase and program? What other school would have been as patient with him as CU? I'd wager many programs would have fired him after his 3rd year in 2015. We've been nothing but patient and supportive, man up and take responsibility for this mess.
I might stay away from wagering anything if I were you...no offense.

I am beginning to think RG is getting way to much credit. He needs to start showing something.
Firing your head coach 5 minutes after the game because fans are pissed off isn’t the right move. RG’s job isn’t to be emotional and reactionary, it’s to be thoughtful and deliberate with this process. I’m confident a change will be made very soon, but let’s not freak out that it didn’t happen before the last fan had left Folsom today.

I am assuming RG is waiting for/meeting our national championship XC team when they return. He will deal with football tomorrow....

Firing your head coach 5 minutes after the game because fans are pissed off isn’t the right move. RG’s job isn’t to be emotional and reactionary, it’s to be thoughtful and deliberate with this process. I’m confident a change will be made very soon, but let’s not freak out that it didn’t happen before the last fan had left Folsom today.

True but mac needs to stfu with these comments of his.

I always felt MM had his share of fault in the 2016 PAC12 championship/bowl game swoon. He was so busy flying around the country picking up his awards he ignored the team without really giving anyone the keys. Didn't he miss a whole bunch of practices? Then JL jumps, then Tumpkin.... It's always been about MM first. Yeah yeah, I get the awards are important to him and CU, but in hindsight it sure didn't help recruiting that much. Neither did the 1 year window we had with the champions center. Opportunity lost.

Yep, and he mishandled the Tumplin situation, and was indignant about it.

Good man? I guess, but when the chips are down, it’s about him. That was a bad sign. Maybe upgrade your staff, but he never liked that part of the job.

Holy hell. I just saw about 2:00 of the presser and that’s all I could stand. Throws offense under the bus; defense just about went that way, no acceptance of anything and 3 “good” places to go. I say good luck and don’t let the door hit you in the ass. Will we find out Chiv really is smart but overruled? Eliot is ok or it’s Brown and Els with the front 7 b/c the corners and safeties are a mess. Will the whole crew be looking for a job? RG needs to make the HC move fast and put in whomever. I’d say Brown for the Cal game. At least the dude can get some people jacked up.

I keep refreshing the all buffs football forum page and still have yet to see a credible thread about MM being fired. Am I missing something. Like the time I didn’t know Osama bin Laden had been killed until I read Facebook*?

* if it was prudent to say what my actual job was at the time, it would make this statement all the more insane/sad/WTF

Last edited:
Which was closer to the end of the third quarter, amirite?

Back