What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

I like that it is monthly. Hopefully at some point he gets tired of playing golf and wants to get back on the horse. And something tells me he wouldn't want to be a DC. I think he likes turning around programs and his ego will drive him to prove he can do it again.

Just saw on Twitter that there is going to be a press conference at 12 pm local time. Not sure if it will be broadcast live anywhere, perhaps Pac 12 network?

If it gets announced by the end of the day, who cares?
All well conducted management changes, and all the ones I’ve done, include in the official departure announcement an interim leadership reference. Shows respect to the organization and demonstrates a commitment to detail. Not doing it in the official announcement indicates poor readiness.

you don't need to waste money on a search committee to "identify candidates". is RG pre-internet? another opportunity to give money we shouldn't be wasting to their old buddies. seriously: pissing away $100k or so, for no reason
My initial reaction was the same, but then I thought about candidates like Holgorsen who emerged just a few minutes ago. In all of our 5,000 threads about this, I didn't see anyone propose Holgorsen: not because none of us would have been intrigued by him but because we would have never thought he could be open. I suspect search committees leverage industry insider connections to find out from the grapevine who might be unexpectedly interested.

you don't need to waste money on a search committee to "identify candidates". is RG pre-internet? another opportunity to give money we shouldn't be wasting to their old buddies. seriously: pissing away $100k or so, for no reason
Search firms can do many things ADs can’t, especially in this late season period. It is absolutely the right move. RG is an executive. He knows how this works.

All well conducted management changes, and all the ones I’ve done, include in the official departure announcement an interim leadership reference. Shows respect to the organization and demonstrates a commitment to detail. Not doing it in the official announcement indicates poor readiness.

Could be that they were going to let him finish the season and weren't even thinking interim, but they got so pis.sed off last night they just pulled the plug.

Agree 100%. That's how the Jets ended up with John Idzik as GM. They paid a firm to find a guy who was making the hotel arrangements for his team.

A search firm used as a candidate resource and for guidance during the hiring process is beneficial.

MacIntyre has $10.3 million remaining on his contract, which runs through Dec. 31, 2021. If he obtains new employment in the National Football League or as a collegiate head coach, CU's contract obligations will be reduced by his new salary amount. The athletic department will make monthly payments from its budget over the course of next three years; none of the funds will come from tuition money, taxpayer dollars or the campus general fund.

George will turn his immediate attention to hiring a search firm to identify candidates for the coaching vacancy as well as working with the current assistant coaches in aiding with the transition and in particular, recruiting.

Does it have to be as a head coach?

Chev isn't your guy either, remember he did away with the TE position when he came in that spring?. Besides from what I know, the kids don't like him because he is two-faced. I'll never forget the 2016 Football Awards luncheon (at which I was present), and when he was giving the Buffalo Heart Award, he stood up there and talked about himself the whole time instead of talking about Sefo. No one at the table I sat at clapped for him and there wasn't much clapping heard in the room. Says alot about someone. Sorry just another observation from my point of view.

Who the **** cares? They weren't winning the game against Cal if Mac was on the sidelines, the interim isn't either. It's shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

The only thing fans like almost as much as winning is complaining.

Search firms can do many things ADs can’t, especially in this late season period. It is absolutely the right move. RG is an executive. He knows how this works.

Firms are fine, but no campus committees like the ones we've had the last two searches. Too much risk of leaks.

Such as? You mean confidentiality?

Who the **** cares? They weren't winning the game against Cal if Mac was on the sidelines, the interim isn't either. It's shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

The only thing fans like almost as much as winning is complaining.
I’m just saying it’s bad form. You can think otherwise.

Chev isn't your guy either, remember he did away with the TE position when he came in that spring?. Besides from what I know, the kids don't like him because he is two-faced. I'll never forget the 2016 Football Awards luncheon (at which I was present), and when he was giving the Buffalo Heart Award, he stood up there and talked about himself the whole time instead of talking about Sefo. No one at the table I sat at clapped for him and there wasn't much clapping heard in the room. Says alot about someone. Sorry just another observation from my point of view.
i have heard this from more than one person “in the know” about chev

Does it have to be as a head coach?
Pretty sure it does. A lot of these contracts are written that way as the assumption is if he has to take a coordinator or below role then his termination from CU impacted his career trajectory and his upside salary opportunity.

Back