What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

I really liked that the official release to everyone from the CU AD mentioned recruiting at the end and spelled out the timetable. That points toward something that we knew - that RG values recruiting, and that hiring in a timely matter is a major priority. Otherwise, that kind of information isn't necessary in a firing release.

Btw have faith in RG. He’s from the old school CU, football matters. He’s also been a success wherever he has gone. He has played all these situations perfectly imo to the best of his ability. He understands with 16k in the stands yesterday for senior day, albeit it with snow, that fans want change. He has opened up the wallet to give Mac all the tools he needs to be a great program. He will find the right coach to take the next steps.

Go Buffs!!

Not sure if this is a properly sensitive question or a stupid question, but does JMac play in the Cal game? I have always hated dads coaching sons, especially if something awkward happens!

Sounds like they're gonna announce the interim at the presser so not that big of a deal that it wasn't announced initially

Not sure if this is a properly sensitive question or a stupid question, but does JMac play in the Cal game? I have always hated dads coaching sons, especially if something awkward happens!
I had the same thought. I think if I were Jay, I wouldn't play. Jay came out yesterday saying the whole thing was bull****. How can he play for a team that just fired his dad as coach? At the same time, it is the last time he will have a chance to play a competitive game so it must be hard for him, and he won't want to quit on his team.

I guess maybe I´ll go with this: Jay will not want to play and if HCMM is a good guy, he will almost force his son to play as it is in his son's best interest and the team's

Who the **** cares? They weren't winning the game against Cal if Mac was on the sidelines, the interim isn't either. It's shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

The only thing fans like almost as much as winning is complaining.
Disagree.

I had the same thought. I think if I were Jay, I wouldn't play. Jay came out yesterday saying the whole thing was bull****. How can he play for a team that just fired his dad as coach? At the same time, it is the last time he will have a chance to play a competitive game so it must be hard for him, and he won't want to quit on his team.

I guess maybe I´ll go with this: Jay will not want to play and if HCMM is a good guy, he will almost force his son to play as it is in his son's best interest and the team's

The team didn't fire his dad. Jay will play, no question.

Not making excuses for MM because there are very few, 3 dropped passes in 17 from going bowling comes to mind. MM now is known in CFB as being the great "fixer" and nothing more, there's schools that will be interested in hiring him to turn their FB program around. CU will be the hi lite of his resume, couple that with the coach of the year awards he'll get another job.

I know you guys really like JMac but he is little **** IMHO. He used to rub it in Sean's face how he was running the TE routes now and in the late 2016 season, Sean would take it upon himself to help make sure all the WR's were getting off the field in time and JMac would tell Sean to FO that his time on the field was just about over. Really glad I never ran into the little **** after 2016. How disrespectful to your teammate, who could have transferred out of CU but stayed to finish what he started even though he knew the TE position would only be blocking for PL. I have no sympathy for him at all.

Not making excuses for MM because there are very few, 3 dropped passes in 17 from going bowling comes to mind. MM now is known in CFB as being the great "fixer" and nothing more, there's schools that will be interested in hiring him to turn their FB program around. CU will be the hi lite of his resume, couple that with the coach of the year awards he'll get another job.
Yeah. I don't think MM's job performance at CU hurts his reputation at all in CFB. Only helps it. Everyone knows how bad the job was at the time he took it.

I know you guys really like JMac but he is little **** IMHO. He used to rub it in Sean's face how he was running the TE routes now and in the late 2016 season, Sean would take it upon himself to help make sure all the WR's were getting off the field in time and JMac would tell Sean to FO that his time on the field was just about over. Really glad I never ran into the little **** after 2016. How disrespectful to your teammate, who could have transferred out of CU but stayed to finish what he started even though he knew the TE position would only be blocking for PL. I have no sympathy for him at all.
That is kind of shocking to be honest. You would obviously have better insight than I would though. If that is truly JMac's attitude, then he has picked up a lot from his dad. Will be good to have a fresh slate next year.

Dropped passes happen, I don't get why those receivers get so much blame when the defense couldn't get stops all year. How about stop Kahlil Tate even ****ing once?

Back