What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

I know you guys really like JMac but he is little **** IMHO. He used to rub it in Sean's face how he was running the TE routes now and in the late 2016 season, Sean would take it upon himself to help make sure all the WR's were getting off the field in time and JMac would tell Sean to FO that his time on the field was just about over. Really glad I never ran into the little **** after 2016. How disrespectful to your teammate, who could have transferred out of CU but stayed to finish what he started even though he knew the TE position would only be blocking for PL. I have no sympathy for him at all.

Hey Anne, are you on the team?

Holgerson has lost some big games but he has also beaten his share of ranked teams including some on the road.

Culturally WVU is a different place than CU but in a lot of ways they are similar. Both are schools that have the resources and the budgets to be competitive but that also trail members of their conference in resources. Holgerson has managed at times to beat those schools that have a lot more resources than he had.

Both are schools that have things that appeal to recruits but also that have to recruit the majority of their athletes from out of state due to a limited pool in-state. Holgerson has managed to convince enough kids to move to WV to field teams that can compete against most and are not strangers to the rankings.

I think he would be an excellent get for us. I also think that he has the kind of reputation that would allow him to hold together the base of talent that we have and to make an immediate jump in recruiting.

Plus he always looks drunk. I respect that.

Mikes departure was the right thing. He never took it to the necessary level on recruiting and his loyalty to his original staff was misplaced. I wish he’d understood you can’t make it happen against the west coast athelete without big athletic linemen.

Can anyone answer a question. Do you have any idea who was controlling the offense as the season progressed?

It felt as if we were calling the game aggressively early in the season. The play calling seemed to reflect Chev’s personality.

Then at USC, the offense became bland and predictable with very little creativity. It was a funk it never got out of.

I think that this fact ultimately led to the demise of HCMM.

Was that poor play calling Chev’s doing or was it HCMM?

Thoughts?

Can anyone answer a question. Do you have any idea who was controlling the offense as the season progressed?

It felt as if we were calling the game aggressively early in the season. The play calling seemed to reflect Chev’s personality.

Then at USC, the offense became bland and predictable with very little creativity. It was a funk it never got out of.

Thoughts?

I think it was all Chev. I don’t think he was any more aggressive earlier in the year, the competition was just worse. Even against CSU we weren’t doing anything special. We just ran reverses and zone reads and got 20 yards each time. Nebraska was force feed to Shenault with the occasional go route. Nothing changed.

Thoughts?
You are reaching.

I was super busy this weekend, no internet or TV. What a bunch of news to come back to. The score for the Utah game sure looks depressing.

SIAP, but a post on football staff scoop:

Takeaways:

1) Leavitt damaged his relationship with RG when he left. Not likely

2) they think Tedford makes the most sense

3) seems they are hearing RG would prefer a guy with HC experience, which would be a knock against Lake and Fisch

Hey Anne, are you on the team?[/QUOTE

Make fun of me I don't give a crap. Everything I had to say a few years ago has come true. The kids made the 2016 year, not the coaches and now everyone see the truth. I tell it like it is and if you don't like me, I don't really care. I cared and do care about the program and the kids. Think what they are going through right now is awful. Just like when the boys were recruited and lost their coach before years end. If you are offended, you can call 1-800 BITE ME and file a report. Go Buffs!!

With Roper as interim we might have a chance to 6. Hard to believe that a coach hired less than a year ago has left such an impression on all the players that they asked RG to make this decision.

Fascinating development that Roper is the players’ choice.

I think two things are true this week: 1. With Roper, we have a better chance at 6; and 2. Our chance at 6 could not be any worse than it was prior to MM being fired.

Now, none of that means we will win. But, I’ve seen that interim coach boost work for a game or two before. Not sure how we teach the OL to block in three days, but maybe the refs will cut us some slack.

Fascinating development that Roper is the players’ choice.

I think two things are true this week: 1. With Roper, we have a better chance at 6; and 2. Our chance at 6 could not be any worse than it was prior to MM being fired.

Now, none of that means we will win. But, I’ve seen that interim coach boost work for a game or two before. Not sure how we teach the OL to block in three days, but maybe the refs will cut us some slack.
These are my thoughts as well.
As for OL - maybe someone will say “hey, ****, we can’t block. Let’s stop running up the middle without a lead blocker, let’s stop running 12 second misdirection plays, and let’s stop making our only vertical passes 45 yards that take 10 seconds to get off. Let’s run some slants, some 5 yard curls and outs. ‘Cause you know what you call two 5-yard pass completions? A first down.” ****!

I was super busy this weekend, no internet or TV. What a bunch of news to come back to. The score for the Utah game sure looks depressing.
You completely ignored my plan for you to be on the sideline sending in random AB generated plays from a hat. Would could have won.

Hey Chev! I’ve got a great slogan you can use for the remainder of the se....err.....for the Cal game: “The Thud”

No joke. It would actually worry me a bit if he was coaching them. Much better HC than Bobo.
Yep, and knows CO recruiting and they have good fa ilities now. He would be very up to exact revenge on CU forever.

Back